New Campaign - The Goths Ride East

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Re: New maps

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon May 14, 2007 1:08 pm

:FI:Genosse wrote:Folks!

Since Nellip can´t convert his Stalingrad mission from Red only to Red vs. Blue due to his new job I´d like to take the chance to offer you myself as the host of the next SCS missions.

As I´ve already warned TacticalS! I’m going to use the latest version of the DCG in order to create the missions for the upcoming Sundays. Possible scenarios could be then:
  • Kursk '43
    Kuban '43
    Crimea '43
Which one would you fancy, folks? Any ideas, critics or suggestions?

Cya l8! ;)
I wasn’t warned! Not at all guys. First it was MLR and now DCG. I just don't feel special anymore. :( ;)

Let me know if you would like to talk about DCG Frank. Be happy to share my limited insight on this wonderful program. While you can't beat a good custom-made mission, I really think you boys will enjoy the immersion this generator can provide (i.e., dynamic ground war, stats tracking, and many surprises along the way). And no more cheating by Nellip who always seemed to know when the bad guys were going to show up. :D

Now just don't call it Historic Encounters please. [-X

TS!
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Mon May 14, 2007 1:11 pm

Rgrt Rab!

RL not like the online wars then ;)

And seeing as TacticalS has given total permission to borrow cough<ripoff>cough HE ideas ;) how about having a SCS debriefing thread?

Not so much about our scores but a place to discuss in general how the group did and hopefully where ideas about how we can improve our performance can develop?

At the moment Gen's screenshots are about the only place with mission comments. :)
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Thu May 17, 2007 2:58 pm

:FI:Gadje wrote:Rgrt Rab!

RL not like the online wars then ;)

And seeing as TacticalS has given total permission to borrow cough<ripoff>cough HE ideas ;) how about having a SCS debriefing thread?

Not so much about our scores but a place to discuss in general how the group did and hopefully where ideas about how we can improve our performance can develop?

At the moment Gen's screenshots are about the only place with mission comments. :)
I think an SCS debrief thread is an excellent idea - the campaign threads did see some of this type of content but lets see a "sticky" for this.

Tacts - found out at last, the only reason my performance has improved was I wrote the missions :evil: , :lol:

I think Genosse was planning to start a DCG campaign this week, but if that is not ready I have written 3 missions on the Italy map for 1943 scenario, red and blue teams. I will of course not fly them so I have no unfair advantage ^:| ................ :lol:

Missions are very fictitious, just like the map :lol:

Planes are; USAAF P47 and P51C for red ;Me109G, FW190A, Me110 and Ju87 for blue.

Thought the warmth of Italy might be good after the cold of Norway last week :D
Olegs stalker

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri May 18, 2007 1:11 pm

Well? Are you boys (Genosse) trying DCG this weekend? If so Frank may I suggest you use DCG 3.35 (beta 10) available from the forums of DCG. You need a link to it mate? This beta resolves some long-standing issues, plus has a few nice features since 3.34.

Love to hear what settings/approach you use with this program. Figure I'm entitled to steal YOUR ideas since you know. ;)

TS!
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Fri May 18, 2007 1:16 pm

:FI:TacticalS! wrote:Well? Are you boys (Genosse) trying DCG this weekend? If so Frank may I suggest you use DCG 3.35 (beta 10) available from the forums of DCG. You need a link to it mate? This beta resolves some long-standing issues, plus has a few nice features since 3.34.

Love to hear what settings/approach you use with this program. Figure I'm entitled to steal YOUR ideas since you know. ;)

TS!
Ty for the hint, Mark! I´ll take the chance and try this beta version before I'll ask you the first questions ... ;)

And don´t call it stealing ... call it "thoughts transfer"! :lol:

;) ^:)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Fri May 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Is it this one ?

http://www.lowengrin.com/news.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

got 3.34, but can't seem to find 3.35...rubbing my eyes...

M
ImageImageImage
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Fri May 18, 2007 1:23 pm

:FI:Genosse wrote:
:FI:TacticalS! wrote:Well? Are you boys (Genosse) trying DCG this weekend? If so Frank may I suggest you use DCG 3.35 (beta 10) available from the forums of DCG. You need a link to it mate? This beta resolves some long-standing issues, plus has a few nice features since 3.34.

TS!
Ty for the hint, Mark! I´ll take the chance and try this beta version before I'll ask you the first questions ... ;)

And don´t call it stealing ... call it "thoughts transfer"! :lol:

;) ^:)
Oh, I forgot ... would you send me the link via PM, Mark?

Ty, m8! :)

Image Image
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Fri May 18, 2007 1:23 pm

? 3.28 was the latest I could find 2 weeks ago ?

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri May 18, 2007 2:01 pm

:FI:Sneaky_Russian wrote:? 3.28 was the latest I could find 2 weeks ago ?
Odd. Public release of DCG 3.34 occured on April 9, 2007. Please check out Paul's download area here.

If you register at the DCG forums you will be granted access to the Beta Forums and can download any beta release. I am using version 10. There already is a version 11.

TS!
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Sun May 20, 2007 3:40 pm

I might be a bit late due to work tonight. I gave the EAF the time of our flying and asked them to page us if they want to join/compete. Perhaps if they show someone can give them our ts address?
Post Maniac General

Update 20 May 07

Post by :FI:Genosse » Wed May 23, 2007 1:35 pm

Folks!

Today I´ve updated the stats - no ranks and medals assigned though. Would someone else do this for me?

BTW, check those stats, please. In case of any correction send me an email or pm!

Ty for your attention, folks! :D ^:)

Gen "Who needs stats anyway?" osse ;C))

Image Image
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Sun May 27, 2007 10:27 am

Also posted in SCS briefing thread.

I have rewritten the briefs for 3 Italy missions along the lines Helo suggested - more detail on headings, AAA, ordnance requirements etc.

If we want to try these tonight I can e-mail to whoever hosts.

Or we can DCG again - don't mind.

This is likely to be my last SCS for a while - start a new job next week and will be living away Sunday night to Friday night :(
Olegs stalker

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Sun May 27, 2007 10:36 am

:FI:Nellip wrote:Or we can DCG again - don't mind.

This is likely to be my last SCS for a while - start a new job next week and will be living away Sunday night to Friday night :(
Sorry to read that, Neil! :(

Would you send me these missions then, m8? Who knows where the chaps like to fly tonight ...?

Ty, Neil! Cya tonight ... :)

Image Image
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Great Missions, Neil!

Post by :FI:Heloego » Wed May 30, 2007 7:50 am

Good luck on the new employment!

And don;t stop makin' the missions! :D
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Dr_Strangelove
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Dr_Strangelove » Wed May 30, 2007 1:32 pm

Guys, I think I have a workaround to the no CCM for my flight sticks. What planes are we flying currently so I can prepare properly since it has been several months since I flew?