Online Recording Tracks

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:59 am

I had a blast too my friend :D. It was a very intense session right down to the end. I also like the plane set. It is the first mission that I've made with this 1942 plane set and I have to say I really like it to. 1942 is a good year. Good planes for all the countries :).
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

09 May 04

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon May 10, 2004 8:01 pm

Folks!

Get the two latest .ntrk movies form yesterday´s meeting here* ...

S'loot, mates! ^:)

* no more available
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
Post Maniac General

23 May 04

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon May 24, 2004 6:47 am

Gents!

Yesterday we met the chaps of the SV squad and were bashed. Although they were outnumbered (6 SV:12 FIS) they beat us!!! :shock:

Nevertheless, in my opinion it was quite good fun, very exiting and a real challenge!

I hope we can do a rematch ... somewhere ... sometime ... but much better prepared!

Here* you find the 28 MB sized .ntrk file of yesterday´s clash ... have fun, mates!

Me ...

* not available
Last edited by :FI:Genosse on Mon May 31, 2004 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image
:FI:Spitsfire
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

I

Post by :FI:Spitsfire » Mon May 24, 2004 9:21 am

don't belive I shot anything down :(
:) Good fun all the same!
Winner of the FIS pink n'shiney,
"Gee winkies! I've been here over a year
and am still completely normal,
pookey-pookey-pookey." Award!
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

I got there late...

Post by :FI:Heloego » Tue May 25, 2004 1:49 pm

...but still had a blast!

Definitely think we need a re-match!
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue May 25, 2004 3:40 pm

Would love a rematch if we could talk them into one with some form of icons. Watching the video they seemed to use a wingman approach and, well, took care of business in a very painful way. :cry:

I only played for a short time myself - think Helo said something like "There goes our Yak hero" or was it "rat," I get the two confused sometimes ;) . I play exclusively with customized icons, as most of us do here, and make no apologies. Nevertheless, remain impressed by those who can play without them.

I was able to identify that there were indeed other planes in the sky with me, and ID what I believe were several rivers below. Still not sure what that bright shinny thing was in the sky, nor why all these pillows were floating around that kept hitting my plane. :shock:

Anyway, I absolutely know that this squad could have performed much better. Without icons everyone seemed off their game for sure. The only other thing I would recommend is that we must pick a wingman and stay together throughout the sortie. Without getting too complicated, I would suggest 3 squads - 1 pair or 2 pairs per TS channel - to reduce radio chatter and concentrate on wingman tactics between these 2-4 players.

Just my 2 cents worth. Really appreciate you recording the video. By the way, it ended around 70 minutes but there seemed to be more left to the game.

TactS!
Last edited by :FI:TacticalS! on Thu May 27, 2004 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Thu May 27, 2004 4:50 pm

Which I could have joined you guys :D I'm still in Paris so if you guys need me to go settle the score with any of these guys in person... ;)

As you probably know by now I'm not a big fan of flying without icons as I believe the visiblity is totaly unrealistic without icons.

Just a few days ago I was at the top of the Eiffel tower and was amazed as to how well I could see even small objects that were very far away. The tower is 324m high and I was at the top. So that is atleast 300m distance for objects right bellow the tower. I was spotting small birds flying in the distance and over the river. I could see individual people running and tell what color shoes they had. I practiced tracking various birds and cars and even some planes that flew by in the distance. It was a cloudy day from 9-9:30PM. Sure real planes didn't have leters or numbers above them which is also unrealistic but it's better than flying like someone with horrible vision problems man :D

Just curious what kind of plane sets did you guys fly? How was scoring kept track of? How close where bases to one another?

s!
Snoop
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Thu May 27, 2004 7:55 pm

Hope you did not forget why you went up the tower in the first place (and no it was not to drool saliva on the people below ;))

me last October :)

G
I fear no beer

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu May 27, 2004 8:03 pm

Wonderful pictures Gurb. A bit confused :oops: - I take it these are YOUR pics and not Snoop's right?

Again thanks for sharing.
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Fri May 28, 2004 9:56 am

Great pics, Gurb :D It is a very impressive view :D

Those are Gurb's pics and not mine. I have been uploading my pics to my website to clear up my memory stick but there are so many picutres over 600 now that I will have to wait until I get back to organize them :D It's really a pain to do it without my own computer.
Post Maniac General

30 May 04

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon May 31, 2004 11:54 am

Folks!

If you´re interested in the recordings of yesterday´s session I´d like to recommend you to download the two .ntrk movie files (each 15 MB) SOB-ER! 3 and THE LAST DAYS*.

Enjoy watching them, mates! :D

Me ...

*not available

Image Image
Post Maniac General

6th June 2004

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:00 pm

Folks!

Yesterday we played the SOB-ER!3 mission by request again. If you´re interested to have a look on our session on the 60th anniversary of the D-Day then get the 20 MB sized file SOB-ER! 3* here ...

Cya, folks! :D

* not avaialable
Last edited by :FI:Genosse on Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:31 pm

Thanks Gen will certainly watch it tonight! Sorry I missed the session was watching some D-Day programming on the History Channel.

Regards,
TactS!
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:03 pm

thanks Gen!

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Bambi
Baby Boardie

Post by Bambi » Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:34 pm

Ta gen

least it clears me of the slanderous accusation of shooting falcons chute, i had enough trouble hitting the damn TB-3 never mind an ickle biddy 'chute :lol:
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been, and there you long to return."

Leonardo da Vinci