WIP and finished product pics here

Painters and skinners. Somewhere to show off skins and look for artistic inspiration.
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:50 am

almost ready, will add :FI: insignia, more wear and a little 3d and detail work

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:54 am

I better put this in the correct thread ...

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:50 pm

Spitfire Vb's

This skin works well on all IX's too, but some access hatches and other small details are not correct for the IX.

I still need to de-warp the fuselage roundels, fix some shading and add a small amount of 3d effects; twenty minutes work. A heavier chip layer can be added later.

F

:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Revised FI Hurricane

Post by :FI:Noter » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:30 pm

Added more wear, etc., plus a red spinner.

Noter

Post Maniac 3rd Grade

FI La5

Post by :FI:Noter » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:33 pm

Post Maniac 3rd Grade

FI P-40E/M (Green & Metal)

Post by :FI:Noter » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:35 pm

Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:43 pm

WIP

Falcon

:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:11 pm

I don't know Noter. Falcon's work is displayed on hi-res plus he does that tri-image thingy. Just not feeling the love from your posts. :D

---

THIS NEWS ITEM JUST IN FOLKS - Skinners of the Fightin' Irish Squadron apparently went mad today when they discovered that the Squad's massive airplane skin initiative was all a rouse by the non-skinner members.

According to Genosse, spokesman for the group, "No mate, we didn't actually think they would go out and actually try to produce such a library of airplane skins. We were just having a little fun with them. I now certainly regret it, what with the lost of ferret life and all. Wished the other lads hadn't been so cruel too."

[TacticalS! runs and hides].

:ferret: :ferret: :ferret:
:FI:Madra Rua
Boardie

okay yhe job is finished?

Post by :FI:Madra Rua » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:39 pm

can i make an appointment to place an order
any time place in particular?

i will give the details after the reply

Dutch..,

oh oh i worked on Madra Rua's account

dutch..,
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:42 pm

I refuse to listen to these nattering nabobs of negativism! This grand goal IS attainable and we shall prevail for the sake of our precious bodily fluids!

We shall not cut and run from this challenge, rather we shall escalate our efforts ten-fold! This sacred project of the squadron, by the squadron, for the squadron, shall not be spun into the earth!

Falcon

Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:30 pm

I don't know Noter. Falcon's work is displayed on hi-res plus he does that tri-image thingy. Just not feeling the love from your posts. Very Happy

... :cry: all I wanted to do was (sniff) help out the squad...I know...I know I'm not as good as the other guys, but....BBwwwhhhaaa (running from the keyboard)... ;)

By Dog, these skins will be done. If Falcon has to sit as his computer for weeks to finish these up, he will... I have no doubt in my mind ;) :D

Noter
:FI:Snaphoo
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Snaphoo » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:41 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You've got red on you.
Give me the punch ladle, I'll fathom the bowl.
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:01 pm

:lol:
:FI:Snaphoo
Forum Junky

HELP!

Post by :FI:Snaphoo » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:16 pm

Ok I'm "in progress" on the IX's (e's first, then c's, then maybe clipwing versions of both)

I tried to get the numbers correct on the side, where the warpage is, but I don't think I'm doin' so hot. Can any of you experts out there give me a few pointers on how to get this thing a little cleaner where the number designations are supposed to be?

You've got red on you.
Give me the punch ladle, I'll fathom the bowl.
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:51 pm

We havin' fun yet Jake?

:badgrin:

The secret is a five step process ...

1) use the deformation tool:

- surround numbers with rectangle marquee
- warp numbers so that they exactly follow in the same direction of fuselage panel lines, (red lines). Notice that the base of the four bends up with the panel line.

2) the lower half of the numbers need to be fattened up, the upper half, thinned:

- using deformation tool, grab upper half of number and squish it up two or three pixels. Make sure top of number stays, bottom of upper half moves up, (green marquee)
- grab lower half of number and, keeping the base of the number where it is, raise the upper part of the lower half up until it touches the bottom of the upper half. (blue marquee) This makes the number look fat at the bottom, but it is still not enough.
- Add thickness to all horizontal parts of numbers two or three pixels (black circle shows thicker horizontal lines).

Possible further adjustment needed to make upper and lower horiz. lines even. Also, second number may need to be narrowed one or two pixels. The third number will need to be narrowed double that.

Weee!

Fal "pookey-pookey-pookey" con