Pearl to Japan

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Pearl to Japan

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:01 am

Starting this thread for our Sunday coops.

Our aim is to provide some fun for the squad as well as improve on some of our flying "skills", with the emphasis on staying alive and teamwork. At the beginning we will be up against the best that Japan has (AI setting-ace) to offer, so teamwork is essential if you want to stay alive.

Feel free to add your tuppence-worth, good ideas are always welcome.

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
Skipper
Forum Junky

Re: Pearl to Japan

Post by Skipper » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:42 pm

:FI:Ardmore wrote:Starting this thread for our Sunday coops.

Our aim is to provide some fun for the squad as well as improve on some of our flying "skills", with the emphasis on staying alive and teamwork. At the beginning we will be up against the best that Japan has (AI setting-ace) to offer, so teamwork is essential if you want to stay alive.

Feel free to add your tuppence-worth, good ideas are always welcome.

Vin
I'm definately gonna be here this week so i'm looking forward to shooting some of Japan's finest......or them shooting me down....I guess I'll just have to wait and see ;)

See you all there lads!

Skipper :)
"Nothing in Life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
Winston Churchill

Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:27 am

For some reason or other Sundays coop was as laggy as hell for some folk, it might be the amount of objects on the map or ??? any ideas anyone.

Its not my connection as its a 4mb cable modem with 368kbs upload (hosting usually requires 10 - 12 kbs per player) and 800 kbs d/load and the pc is an AMD fx 55 with 2gig of memory, graphics card is a ATI X850 XT, no d/loads running or updates either, its got me stumped as previous Sundays have been fine.

Vin
napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:36 am

very weird, never experienced it like that :(
:: napier ::

:FI:Rabitski
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Rabitski » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:33 pm

I don't know Vin, the first mission where there were fighters on both sides every one got of the ground ok, the secound one where there were no enemy fighters was hell. I suspect it was packet loss causing lag by one who shall remain nameless :D . I'm going to re do that set of missions, takeing out all objects that aren't important to the mission goal. Also I think I'll reduce the No. of planes we have to 12 (from 16)fighters and 4(from 8 ground attack planes). Also I'll try putting the P-47's on Airstart perhaps there was to much going on at that field. The down side will be only 16 players will be able to take part but we have problems filling the seat's anyways. On the positive side it means more targets for everyone.
:FI:Dr_Strangelove
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Dr_Strangelove » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:25 pm

NIce mission guys, great fun. The lag was really weird when trying to take off it was impossible to figure out who was still on the ground and who wasn't. Is it possible that it was NET Speed settings or maybe someone elses ping that could have caused this?
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Rabitski » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:52 pm

Ok guy's I just went through every mission and I whipped out every thing that wasn't involved with the mission. On the one's that we flew yesterday that would mean 100+objects on the allied field and way over 200 around the japenese bases. I also reduced the number of planes we get from 20 down to 16, 12 fighters and 4 ground attack planes. Another change I'm going to do now as soon as the pain in my right hand goes away is change all the japanese bombers from Betty's to SB-3's. I'm sorry about this but the modeling for this plane in the game is just pure BS. The SB-3's kinda look like lilley's and they burn the way the Betty's are ment to and they lack the radar guided 20mm in the ass.
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:51 pm

Was skin downloads allowed host? Seems to be a real problem in COOP missions opposed to DF servers.

TS!
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:35 pm

Skin downloads are off. We think we have it cracked now.
The missions will start in earnest next Sunday, with the stats being recorded, so fly smart guys.

Check the Calander for the times.

Vin
Last edited by :FI:Bluebell on Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:39 pm

Sorry for the no-show laddies but my older brother is in hospital and had to go see him. Hope to make it this Sunday if Father O'Conner will let me off of AltarBoy duties early. I'm a good Catholic boy you know:lol:
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:49 pm

Skin downloads are off.
Vin
gah!

Fal "Good heathen" con

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:53 pm

Sorry Stu, as Tact. says, its a bit of a b*$*"!d when skins are on.

Vin
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:16 am

Who do ya gotta probe ...

to get the skins turned on 'round here?!

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:26 am

:sheep:
:: napier ::

Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Rabitski » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:19 pm

Yep, I spent 12hrs yesterday going through every mission and I think they should be fine. took out rake's of objects, decided to put waypiont's in for all allied planes planes so we'll have to fill the lead slot's and tell the AI to return to base because when it come's to kill stealing them boy's are in a world of there own( and that's high prase comming from me :D ). Sorry again about the mess up on sunday but makeing these mission's you tend to go off the deep end, you set out to make an episode of Sesame St and before you know in you've got Lawrance of Arabia on yer hands.