FBAEP

Dates, News and Comments
Airhawk14
Professional Boardie

FBAEP

Post by Airhawk14 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:13 pm

I was looking to start using the hyperlobby but still have not received my pacific fighters(I think it got lost in the mail). Last time I was on there though, I could not find any FBAEP games available. Maybe someone could point me out to one if there is one.

"When you risk it all, the sky is the limit."Quote from Motion Picture "Flyboys".
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

To the best of my knowledge...

Post by :FI:Heloego » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:45 am

...all the HL-listed servers are running FB/AEP/PF, either 4.04m or 4.05m.
It's a shame the versions aren't backward-compatible so late-comers can join in the fun, too. :cry:

Look at the bright side, though...
Playing the campaigns in FB/AEP will definitely sharpen your skills, and once sharpened, the worst you'll need to worry about once you get the PF and Pe-2 expansions is Carrier Ops. :D

On another note, perhaps someone in the chat area of HL knows of, or can supply you with an IP addie for a server running the FB/AEP iteration. The worst you'll get is a "No", and you're no worse off.

I believe there are still some folks occasionally running servers for the original Il-2 Sturmovik in HL. ( You'll need to select "Il-2 Sturmovik" in the Game Selection area ) If you can find a copy in a "dump bin" or already have it, it's still a lot of fun even though the plane set is limited.

Hope the PF Expansion arrives soon, m8! Can't get any further up the "Patch Ladder" until you do.

Good luck, and cya once you're expanded/patched!

:D
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Ege
Professional Boardie

Post by Ege » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:44 am

They still have "Trollville 2.04" there. Rarely is anyone playing there, but try it.