Danger Dogz & Company

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Danger Dogz & Company

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:24 pm

Since I am not intending to host this second encounter, I thought this post would go here.

Jim from DangerDogz and I have been discussing the possibility of a second joint session. Since our first session their group has started using DCG and been enjoying campaign missions. Jim also said how much they enjoyed our company, and were impressed how we organized ourselves. We fooled them guys! :D

While they could fly either Wednesday or Friday, they would prefer Wednesday again at our regular time. This is great as we would probably have our greatest numbers, plus it would leave Friday for Historic Encounters.

How does next Wednesday (January 25th) or the following week (February 1st) sound guys? I can make either session.

Not sure what the format will be (i.e., plane, campaign, matchup - them against us or mixed).

TS!
Last edited by :FI:TacticalS! on Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by Nightcat » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:30 pm

With that much notice either :D

NC
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:57 am

Might be a bit late for you mate, but they had folks from England last time who really enjoyed themselves. Hope to see you there (I'll post more detailed information as I receive it).

TS!

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:54 am

So what time we talking?

NC
napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:32 am

Mind if I get in on some of these dynamic campaigns tact? :D
:: napier ::

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:57 pm

Certainly not stranger. Just sign up with Falcon and introduce yourself to the group. [-(

Heck if we let Snoop fly with us obviously we have no standards. :D

How has the food been in New York my long lost mate? Of course we would love to have you join us anytime. We start 10:00 p.m. Atlantic Time (-4GMT) on Wednesdays and Fridays.

Just make sure you bring enough fuel for the Mustang. ;)

Best regards,
TactS!
napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:37 am

Good to hear from you tact. Very busy at the restuarant during the "busy season" but im making some very good stuff!! I still work on sundays but it looks like weds might be good as I have wed nights off. Hopefully I can make it on and get some air time in. even if it is with snoop :lol: Cya soon!
:: napier ::

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:51 pm

How about NEXT Wednesday, February 1 at our regular starting time? Please drop a quick yes/no here or in the Historic Encounters thread folks!

TS!
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Hmmm...

Post by :FI:Heloego » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:20 am

Did you mean to say "Next week and/or Feb. 1st."?

I'm up for either.

Unless there is something lost in translation...

I think a week is still 7 days. :oops:
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Post Maniac General

Wednesday, February 1, 2006

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:32 am

Directly from the host himself -

"I am setup in a Crimea 44 DCG campaign that looks to give everyone a little bit of everything.

For the Allies I have Spits MkIVe CW's (Active Flight), P-39Q-10's, LA-5FN's, two Flights of IL2-3M's, Yak-3's, Tempest Mk.V's, for possible flyables at any given time. Plus a couple of A.I. only high altitude bombers for the Allies.

For the Axis I have Bf-109G-6/AS's (Active Flight), Bf-109K-4's, Bf-109G-10's, I.A.R 81a's, FW-190 A-6's, HE-111 H-6's, Ju-87D-5's.

Just to make sure there is always action with the active flights, I set them to 100% possibility of action, but after flying a couple of the first missions, I noticed it wasn't always against each other, but action nonetheless. The rest of the flights are set to random but I have found that it is very seldom that anyone in these other flights rarely gets back to base without some kind of action.

The game server IP is 68.53.128.171 I will have a DF map up at 9PM AST, 8PM EST, 7PM CST, 6PM MST, and 5PM PST. The nights festivities should start an hour later. This way there will be a place for m8s to congregate before we get started.

Please pass this info to your m8s Mark. I would have sent out a list of plane sets earlier, but, I have been working hard to get a DCG capaign cranked where the way points made sense and finally did so with this one I do believe. Plus, each mission should be fairly quick into action as I kept the ground war within 40 Kilometers of the front lines. The first two missions were awesome.

Quazi"
:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:06 pm

Hoping to make it, but not looking good for tonight. Family issues (in trouble with the Mrs. :roll: :? :( :x ](*,) :-k [-X . Gotta smooth things over (uh pregnant women). Gotta smooth things over 8-[ O:) :beg: . Wish me luck! [-o<

Noter
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:07 pm

\:D/
:FI:Hunter
Boardie

Post by :FI:Hunter » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:18 pm

Sounds good to me...I should be there.
Hunter
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:28 pm

De-briefing:

Just a little post for the benefit of those who couldn't attend. That would be EVERYONE else but Helo and me. [-( Now boys you guys aren't shy are ye? Come on, come on they're fine lads just like us. Heck Beebop only bit Helo twice, and said he was sorry both
times. ;) Ok Noter and IceFrog sent their regrets before the session. But where were the rest of you Rogues?

Ok I think we all had a good time. Can't remember the exact number of guys - something like @10 or so. We played 2 missions in Crimea 44 then 1 last mission in Libya 1943. By far the most enjoyable mission was the last flying a Bf-109 G2. Lots of action and plane variety. Unfortunately in the first mission the action was slow in starting, and the second mission everyone's fps was rather poor. Think Dan was ground pounding with a healthy 2 fps. :?

They use similar custom icons (though Quazi must have forgotten to switch to them in the first mission), but no Flight Leader, Wingman stuff, and Externals. So while it was fun, and great to share a laugh with them again, I do find H.E. missions a tad more immersive.

Seemed like you and BeeBop continue to enjoy ground pounding together Helo. \:D/ I forget his name, but in the last mission I was flying with one of their mates again from last session who sounds exactly like our beloved :FI:Murph. Murph you're not in other Squads are you mate? :D

Anyway will schedule another session down the road with these fun boys. I'll probably host and hopefully we can share a bit of how we like to approach these sessions. As I recall they really enjoyed the Flight Leader system and what not.

In the meantime I promised to help Quazi and some of the other hosts a bit more with DCG to improve performance and action. See Helo, and you said any half-wit chimp could run DCG. [-X Ok you never said that but still . . . :lol:

Btw I didn't keep any stats as this was a break for me. I survived all three missions. Two kills in the first and second missions and another in the last one. Can't remember how Helo did. I think he had some ground kills. We did as well as their groups, and represented the Fightin' Irish with our traditional friendliness and laughter. ^:)

Anything to add Helo? We should get on TS soon and go over Windows XP. Btw is your DirectX up-to-date to version 9.0c? http://www.microsoft.com/windows/direct ... downloads/

TS!
Last edited by :FI:TacticalS! on Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:36 pm

Sorry I missed it guys, maybe next time. I missed the last one too :cry: . Would love to see how others fly and fight. Oh well...I'm looking good for Friday though :)

Noter