Historic Encounters - Externals or No Externals

Dates, News and Comments

To External or Not, that is the New Question

Yes Let's Get Rid of Externals (I'm sick of watching Snoop get killed)
58%
No Let's Keep Externals (I love Snoop being shot down over and over)
42%

Total votes: 12
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:54 pm

No externals seems to be working out well, right guys? Certainly increasing the difficulty level, especially for anyone new to cockpit-only flying, plus making us work harder on SA. Now to convert my campaigns properly to No Externals. :?

Based upon the feedback here and during online sessions I intend to continue with No Externals with Historic Encounters. Feedback would be appreciated folks.

-----

Some tips concerning take-off that I believe we all know. Unless you are up front, apply your brake, twist your rudder hard to the left/right, and rev your engine quickly to say 20% or so. This will turn your plane without moving it forward much, so you can see when the person in front of you has started takeoff procedures.

Alternatively, or in conjunction with this, try to remember the order in the formation, and as we did last night, indicate when you are rolling (unless Madcat is behind you then add a few extra seconds or else, you know ;) :D ).

TS!
:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:26 pm

I say we stay with no externals. Does make takeoff a bit more difficult. Heard you and Madcat's chatter over radio then saw the smoke, then cruised on by the wreckage, too funny.

Can't say much as I hit a truck. Still not sure what it was doing in the middle of the runway. It had to be in the middle, as we know, I never vear off the runway.

Noter
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:48 pm

Yes those silly trucks. It may have been a dumb DCG generation thing, or more likely a lag issue.

I can remember in a custom-made Normandy mission we flew a few times back in the day that I had designed a vehicle convoy to travel along the side of the runway. They were no where near the parked planes. And while everything seemed fine for me (hosting) and most folks, poor Grecian with a slightly higher ping kept getting smacked by them.

Keppoch and I laughed ourselves silly, and have never fully recovered :oops:. This happened a couple times in a row so we ended up trying a different mission. Strangely, when I looked the trucks were no where near Grecian, and this problem never happened to anyone else when we flew this COOP.

Tact - "watch for trucks" - S!