Friday Evening Flying in North America

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Friday Evening Flying in North America

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:56 pm

Folks I indicated in the Historic Encounters thread my personal interest in flying on Friday evenings between 10:00 p.m. until midnight or so. As I don't work on weekends this would be an ideal night to fly.

My initially thoughts was that these sessions would be more adhoc than Wednesdays and Sundays, meaning that there will be no set schedule for them. Folks interested will either post/PM or quickly jump onto TeamSpeak.

Also, not looking to do campaigns, but specific training or even joining online COOPS or dogfight servers flying as small formations (4+). The training could assist us in our campaigns of course.

Anyway, Noter and IceFrog have expressed an interest. Please post your interest and what you would like to do during these informal sessions in this thread. Maybe we could get something together as early as next Friday.

Regards,
TactS!

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:15 pm

Im in...Your on the East Coast Tacticals so that would be 7 to 9 p.m. West Coast time which works perfect for me. I might miss next Friday because I could be out of town. But after that Fridays should be no problem.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:41 pm

That's great! But WHO are you. My mother told me never to play with strangers. ;)
:FI:Hunter
Boardie

Post by :FI:Hunter » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:27 pm

Crap....Forgot to log in again before posting that last message. Last " Guest" message posted by :FI:Hunter.
Hunter
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:51 pm

Would you also be interested in joining us on Wednesday evenings for Historic Encounters too Hunter?

http://ca.geocities.com/ohearnsmcmm@rog ... ncounters/

Sometimes the website is unavailble due to the number of hits. Darn Geocities. :? If so just try back later (it is reset every hour).

TS!
:FI:Hunter
Boardie

Post by :FI:Hunter » Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:10 pm

Yes, for sure. My schedule and RL stuff is going to be a little hectic the next couple of weeks. I have a couple trips out of town. One this week and another is shaping up for next week. After that I should be available most Weds and Fri nights. Anyway, I'll be looking forward to it. Thanks for the info Tacticals. ^:|
Hunter
:FI:McBiggles
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:McBiggles » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:30 pm

I've been informed that Friday evenings will be permitted on a "provisional" basis. It was a close thing as I recall now, well you see, once it was discovered that I'd intended to add Friday evening, ah, instead of substituting it for Wednesday, do you see? No? It had been assumed that when I said somthing vague and offhand that there was a chance of flying on Fridays...right, exactly, that I'd be flying only on the Friday, instead of, right, Wednesday night as well. The one lucky thing I suppose was that this all transpired in public. Are you joking? Never bring things like this up in their enviornment, dog knows what could happen. " He fell." That's all anybody would need to hear, and they'd believe it. No, no, chose a public place. Better yet if that public place is you know, where your friends are likely to be too. Yes, the pub. People will remember you saying somthing about Friday, flying, some bloody thing, but then he's always talking about that, etc. etc. They'll also, some of them, feel a searing chill in the air. I knew it too. You could see some of them, hunching at the bar like galley slaves, waiting for the heavy blows. My married pals. I didn't expect a public grapple, but you never know. I've taken to keeping one of those big zoo dart guns handy. Anyway. as I said, Fridays are good. By that time I should have the use of the arm... Toodles.

McBiggles.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sence of tragedy, which sustained him, through temporary periods of joy.
W.B. Yeats
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:08 pm

:lol::sheep::lol:

Stiff upper lip McB!

and arm too I guess.

Folks rarely understand how dangerous it is on the home front.

Fal "coming dear!" con

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Post Maniac General

Training Session - P-40C, Curtiss

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:56 pm

As there has been some interest expressed here and last night, I will be hosting a Fightin' Irish Training Session featuring the P-40C, Curtiss.

Training Session objectives will include:
- Cockpit /CEM
- Takeoff (single & paired)
- Landing (single & paired)
- Formation Flying
- Skip Bombing
- Ground Bombing
- Wingman & Element Tactics
- Dogfighting.

Expect the game settings to facilitate the training objectives. It is expected that everyone fully participate in these relaxed sessions, sharing their tips and techniques. I understand our Goat Skies groundpounder Helo is looking forward in sharing his thoughts on bombing for us.

The session will occur on a non-scripted dogfight server with the :FI: password. No AA will be present, and you will be armed with unlimited ammo and lots of friendly targets to practice.

If there are enough folks later we can do some mock dogfights. Obviously no stats are being kept for such sessions.

----------

If Friday nights prove to be a hit, after perhaps a couple more training sessions we could jump into some COOP or DF servers on HyperLobby, and fly on the same team in a coordinated flight. I personally believe this is seldom (if ever) seen on HL servers.

Future sessions could see us exploring various aircraft such as TB-3 and I-16 attachments on the ground, plus all sorts of crazy and fun stuff! :D

Everyone welcome! While these sessions would prove useful for Historic Encounters participants, everyone new and old will hopefully learn a new trick and have fun.

Regards,
TS!
:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:19 pm

Sounds like a great format TactS. Still not sure if I'll be able to make it Friday as we are going out of town on Saturday, but I'll do my damndest. I would really like to participate, get tips and setup ideas from others sounds awesome.

Would really like to work on implementing divsion and element tactics, hence the importance of the formation flying. I think that is what I would like to learn and practice the most. Then go tear some people up on HL

Noter
:FI:Murph
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Murph » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:31 am

I was hoping to join in tommorrow, but it looks like we're going to the movies- if it's not too late when I get back perhaps I'll try and jump in.
"Níor bhris focal maith fiacail riamh."
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:16 pm

Yep, won't be able to make it tonight, but really want to be involved with this. Maybe next week or whenever the next practice session is.

Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:53 pm

Yep, won't be able to make it tonight, but really want to be involved with this. Maybe next week or whenever the next practice session is.

Noter
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:31 am

Is this a cry for attention? :-k Poor lad thinks he will be missed I guess. Come on now just kiddin' Noter. ;) Sure we will miss you. Everytime I shoot down Heloego I will wish it had been you instead. :badgrin: :D

Next time mate!

TS!
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:19 am

... :sheep:
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x