Team match, Sunday!!

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Mikester
The Unforseeable

Team match, Sunday!!

Post by :FI:Mikester » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:09 pm

Hi guys just to let you know I posted a message on the AKA forum asking if they wanted a team match. Im just waiting to see if they have enough players i wreckon they can get 10-15 players max. Ill need to wait and see what the responce is though, nothing is 100% I also said a sunday would be a good day think they like that idea, hope that would suit everyone.

Next thing is would you boys be up for it ???

And if so how would we decide whos gonna be in the match, I know we have lots of members and could prob go over the number the AKA squad have easily. I sent Snoop a e-mail he's willing to get a map set up for us we really just need to sort out who's playing, and when! I also sugested we do a objective mission and also a death match to finish :badgrin: that sounds like fun. Open to ideas though let me know what yous think ?

http://akawardogs.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (AKA incase anyone wants to check stats)

pls reply if you would like to join the match, that will give us an idea what to expect.

Mikester
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:20 pm

Hi Mikester

Have you agreed time and settings with them yet?

So long as time is evening UK time I could take part.
Olegs stalker

:FI:Snaphoo
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Snaphoo » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:56 pm

I'm interested... Settings will be something that could turn my interest though...

:D
You've got red on you.
Give me the punch ladle, I'll fathom the bowl.
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:17 pm

As I said nothing has been discussed any further im waiting to see if the AKA squad can pull the players in first. Once its 100% then we can talk about settings and things. It would be nice to read everyones ideas though!
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:44 am

If they agree why not play with the settings I typically host with? Atleast we will be familiar with them. We also need to pick a map, the machine match map with the same plane(s) on both sides comes to mind. Just throwing out some ideas. I'll show up on Sunday regardless the map or settings :D

s!
Snoop
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:16 am

Hey Snoop that sounds good. I forgot to ask you, how many players can your server host without too much trouble ? Also are you gonna have any ping limits, reason I ask is onc of the players from the AKA squad has dial up and doesn't seem to have that great a ping. It would be a pitty if he had trouble playing he's very keen and I would say has to be 1 of the best players in the AKA squad.
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Sounds interesting to me ...

Post by :FI:Genosse » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:26 am

... so count me in, Mike! :D

Cheers! ^:)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:30 pm

If it´s on the regular time, we always play on sundays, i´m in! :)
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:32 pm

:FI:Mikester wrote: Also are you gonna have any ping limits, reason I ask is onc of the players from the AKA squad has dial up and doesn't seem to have that great a ping. It would be a pitty if he had trouble playing he's very keen and I would say has to be 1 of the best players in the AKA squad.
Guess you mean AKA(laser shot) Mo. I say tighten the ping limit :badgrin: ;)
:FI:Hunter
Boardie

Post by :FI:Hunter » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:51 pm

Looks like I may be going out of town Saturday for about 4 days. Should be back on Wednesday or so. I should be around for the next one though..
Hunter

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:45 am

S! :FI: First off, very nice fourm. Secondly, Mike and Gadje i cannot count the times yall have waxed my butt, very fine flying skills.

Ok so far, Sunday that time of day here U.S. about 2:00pm i dont have a clue how many would show up, and i really think that 10 for us would be pushing it. i have not got any feedback form many other AKA. Right now, if some showed up we might have 6 maybe more. I still waiting for some replys. I will be there :evil: we still got awhile till sunday. mike, you picking the map and all, is fine with me. what ever yall want is cool, just don't know about the other guys, so let me try to get ahold of em' and see what they think. S!
AKA_MoGas
Beginner

Post by AKA_MoGas » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:29 am

Just trying to see if it puts my user name up lol, hopfully i can get the guys into this match, we have a great bunch. If it don't put my name up i may need some help lol S!
AKA_MoGas
Beginner

Post by AKA_MoGas » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:24 am

S! Mike, i have a couple of ?. What kinda plane sets we talking about. Me, i dont have a problem with all of the planes being included, like those dogfight servers u host. But then again some may want to stick with certian planes in a certain year. I think you said that you are gonna set up the first match, are you? Thats ok with me, dont have a problem with it. I know right now our squad is very busy flying FS, COT, and our own little squad campaing, but still i'm trying to get the guys involved in the match. Thats all right now, I will keep in touch. S! almost forgot Lets try to stay with 9pm your time and 2pm our time, this may be tricky, dont know yet.
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:50 am

Hey MO

The aircrafts will be the same on each side so whatever craft it is, we are all stuck with it!!

Also Gadje said something about the clocks changing think it could be 12.00pm sunday(back a hour i think ? so thats gonna make things a bit more tricky ill have to look into it to make sure we dont get the times wrong. Keep me updated Mo and let me know how many players your gonna bring, get Big10 in on the action.

Mikester
AKA_MoGas
Beginner

Post by AKA_MoGas » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:06 am

As far as the time change goes we (USA) set the clocks back 1hr, does the UK, if so we should be ok on the time. If i am correct your time is 6hr ahead of us. We will be on HL at around 2pm(central time) here sunday so it would be 8pm there. I will try to be on at least 1-1.5hr early.

We may be able to pull 6+ players. I wont know for sure till we all meet up Sunday. Any rules for the server, Is it Password protected, If u get shot down is that it, or can u respawn back in. How will the stats be tracked, does the :FI: squad have a dedicated server. How long will the match last. If at all possiable can we keep this as simple as possiable. Do we know what plane we will be flying. How will we know who won the match. Some want to know if shooting a chute counts as a kill, because all and myself do not like shooting players in there chute, but i know sometimes it happens. Just let me know because its on Sunday lol S!