Mikester asking to join FI

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Mikester
The Unforseeable

Mikester asking to join FI

Post by :FI:Mikester » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:21 am

Hi guys

Im sure a few of you know who i am and i'd like to start first by saying what a laugh ive been having flying with you guys over the past month. :lol: I only started flying about 5 or 6 months ago and joined the 9th squad as they indicated they would help me get up to scratch. I soon found myself on every day just putting in the practice. The 9th squad seemed to be having problems and i soon found myself flying solo. I know a few guys on the loby so it wasnt really an issue. Ive recently been flying a lot with FI and get on great with the boys and we have some good crack! I really need the practice as i know i have a lot of weak points, but feel if I fly with the right squad should see vast improvements.
So there are a good few reasons why id like to join the FI squad mostly because of the good crack.

Im 25 and live in Scotland, UK. I aint Irish but live next door thats gotta count for something.

If you'd like to put me to the test ill shoot down FI:Gadje 3x on the trot. I know he's only a newbe but you gotta start someplace, better at the bottom.. lol, sory Gadj

See ya all soon

Mikester
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:43 am

Welcome M8.

Would like to say something in support.......

But cant think of anything yet :lol: . Perhaps I need something to refresh the mind.

Oh well

<cough> three pints<cough> Deuchars IPA<cough><cough>Black Bull<cough> 6 pm tonight<wheeze>
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Re: Mikester joining FI

Post by :FI:Genosse » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:21 am

Mikester wrote:If you'd like to put me to the test ill shoot down FI:Gadje 3x on the trot. I know he's only a newbe but you gotta start someplace, better at the bottom.. lol, sory Gadj
Mikester, ole bean!

Now that´s what I call impressive! Gadje is certainly one of our best fighter pilots and you gonna challenge him? You´ve got goals, m8! ;)

I remember the conversation we had at Gurberly´s place in last July (... I´m pretty sure Fenian does also remember ... ;) ) when Gadje said that he wanted to get some help learning more about flying, shooting and winning in the virtual skies when he joined the FIS. Did he mention that he was a bit disappointed because of the squad´s missing support? To be honest with you I´m already learning to get back into the game since the 4.01 has been released and there´re some mates who are still struggling with the flight engine.

Nonetheless, I´m also sure that we've got some really decent pilots in our small community who know how to handle the virtual birds and who like to give all the support you need!

Right Gadje, Rab, Rules, Ard, Genego, ... ? :D ;)

Welcome to the boards, Mike! ^:)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:50 am

He he, you know im only kiding gadj, but maybe 1 day ill be as good as you boys so yous better keep your socks pulled up to your arse!! cause ill be on your tail all the way.

P.S get the kettle on gadj ill be over for my dinner soon. 8)
:FI:RULES
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:RULES » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:11 pm

:D Good of you to join.
Had a blast from the past yesterday on your server Mike, and it felt good to down all those late-war birds in the Brewster like in my old days.(maby it´s all coming back to me?) ;)
"Ammunition clearance is a science with uncertain assumptions, based on disputed calculations. Derived from none convincing experiments carried out by persons with doubtful reliability and questioned mental capacities using instrument of doubtful precision".
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:34 pm

Thanks Gen for your support, if i can help re-light the fire then fantastic. Im gonna be online a lot a few things i need to practice so im gonna try a bit of training. I spoke to gadje about a few things that I need to work on and he's more that willing to help. Shooting for 1, this is a big problem for me, but im gonna keep workin on it.

Id like to thank Gadje for all the help he's given me over the past 6 months he's spent a lot of time and effort giving me tips and advice.
=D]

:beer: cheers Gadje, your a star and sometimes I even see you flying not too far away from them!!
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:02 pm

Welcome Mike!
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:34 pm

Shooting for 1, this is a big problem for me, but im gonna keep workin on it.
:x Seems to me your shooting is more of a big problem for me M8.

Better try shooting me down 5 times in a row. :(

And np if I have helped you at all. Your server has been providing help and fun for not just me but several people have been saying on the chatbar they had forgotten how fun IL2 could be. Its great shooting, evading, flying practice too. Just have to accept getting shot down alot :D

(Thats enough of the love-in) :roll:

Yer still a git

cu at 7000m
:FI:IceFrog
Forum Junky

Re: Mikester joining FI

Post by :FI:IceFrog » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:37 pm

Hi Mikester
Only 5 months flying :shock:
Now I know I’m knew to this squadron, but I’ve seen you fly and fight and have been shot down by you several times :cry: , I thought you were very good at it, only 5 months. I’ve also seen you fly with some of the :FI: guys and wondered, hey why isn’t this guy in the :FI:

and oh yeah, one of the funniest servers i was in was the rocket rabbit one with you & Gadje
"IceFrog" Image
The past is the prelude to the future
“Indecision is the key to flexibily”
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:23 pm

Welcome mate! ^:)
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:Fenian
Just pink and fluffy

Do I remember?

Post by :FI:Fenian » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:54 pm

Will I ever forget?

Gadje and Gen spent four or five hours (they started at around 1am) discussing flight training at the bottom of the stairs in Gurb's house.

I was attempting to sleep UNDER those stairs.... to no avail....

All I can say is - it's a good job I was drunk!

:D

Welcome Mick!
_________
:FI:Fenian

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:12 pm

You were drunk ?:shock:
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:26 pm

Welcome Mikester it has been a pleasure flying with ya m8 :D

s!
Snoop
Sixxpak
meep-meep!

Post by Sixxpak » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:19 pm

Fly with u all the time,they just have to let u in m8!

Besides your just as wacky as the rest :lol:
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Are you...

Post by :FI:Heloego » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:06 am

...the guy with the potted palm growing out of his head?

I've heard a person with:
the desire to learn,
the wherewithall to stick to it,
the balls to never give up...

...can eventually make a pretty good beer from the coconuts! :D

Give it a shot, m8! If the beer sucks you can always throw the green coconuts at the enemy, right? :badgrin:
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x