Historic Encounters - New Clouds

Dates, News and Comments

New Clouds or Not New Clouds, That Is the Question

Keep Using Those New Fluffy Clouds!
63%
Those New Clouds Are Killing My Computer!
38%

Total votes: 8
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Historic Encounters - New Clouds

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:34 pm

With regards to folks participating in Historic Encounters, would you like to continue using the new clouds, or would you prefer to revert back to the old clouds for better system performance?
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:07 am

I'll keep an eye on this poll for a bit. As of right now, it would appear we will keep the new fluffy clouds.

However, I will remain sensitive to more demanding maps. For instance, my testing of Normandy 1944 tonight has lead me to use the old clouds and reduce the Squadron Density. This will hopefully address system performance, as Normandy is a rather large map to play.

Interesting about the new cloud setting, it seems that you have to re-generate the campaign using the new setting. I would have thought one could just change the parameter and generate the next mission using the alternative cloud setting. Seems to work ok for QuickMissions and Dogfight servers. Maybe just me?

Anyway, the fluffy clouds will continue to be used for smaller, less demanding maps, and should we use another larger one like Normandy I will use the old ones in an attempt to ensure everyone's system works well.

See you guys tomorrow night!

TS!