take the Famous online gunquiz

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Beowolff
Postmaster

take the Famous online gunquiz

Post by Beowolff » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:20 pm

here:

http://www.funtrivia.com/quizdetails.cfm?quiz=208633" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i got nine out of ten... and it irks me, cause i knew the one i missed. ga!

Beowolff
Beowolff's Lair
http://www.msnusers.com/BeowolffsRoninL ... slair.msnw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:42 pm

I hate GLOCK's.. :lol:

Could care less what a Glock 17 shoots. :p

Other than that? I made 90. 8)
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

Skipper
Forum Junky

Post by Skipper » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:02 am

Well I got 70 which sort of suprised me seen as my knowledge is comprised of what games have taught me :? :D

Who says I wasted time of CoD :lol:

Skipper
"Nothing in Life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
Winston Churchill

:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:04 am

6/10

... having a carbine helped
MikeVictor
Forum Junky

Lock and Load

Post by MikeVictor » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:13 am

9/10, not sure what the AK 47 fired, but I was close.

MicVic
:D
:FI:RULES
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:RULES » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:43 pm

:? World-famous? more like america-famous...But still made 60...

The Clock is a great gun....used to be my service side-arm and never had a prob with it...shoot´s good to...
"Ammunition clearance is a science with uncertain assumptions, based on disputed calculations. Derived from none convincing experiments carried out by persons with doubtful reliability and questioned mental capacities using instrument of doubtful precision".
What time is it

Post by What time is it » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:27 pm

Didn't know there was a Clock gun??!!!

Does it record the time each round is fired and maybe calculate the rate of fire somehow? Stranger things have happened with micro chips.

:lol:

Mic
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:19 pm

10/10 :D
used to be my service side-arm
Lucky you, we´ve got those ancient browning FN´s. Best way to hit an enemy with it, is to throw it :?
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:07 pm

Sapper wrote;
Lucky you, we´ve got those ancient browning FN´s. Best way to hit an enemy with it, is to throw it Confused
Are you referring to he venerable P-35 Browning sometimes known as the HIGH-POWER?

FFS!!! THAT is my FAVORITE semi auto pistola. :shock: I've owned several including ones w. Nazi proof marks and tangent sights. ALL of them have been great shooters. :D

Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:50 am

We´ve got these Browning Hp-Da´s: http://www.code-matrix.net/1-8browning.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I guess they are so old and worn out, that you cant hit anything with them... Of course our troops in kosovo, bosnia, afganistan,etc got brand new ones, but the guns in domestic service are pretty crappy....

Oh well, we´ll be getting ruger p99´s in the near by future...
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:16 pm

:? OK, I haven't heard a lot of good about those pistols. Why do you need a DA Auto in the first place? FFS I carried mine "cocked and locked" for 20 years! Same with the many 1911's I wagged around as well.

One of the most innovative auto's I've ever seen is the Polish RADOM. Supposedly desigend for one handed operation by the now defunct Polish Cavalry boyos. the early production guns were very well built and a dream to use and shoot. Had a "de-cocker"!! VERY forward thinking for the '30's!! :lol: It can be cocked by snagging the hammer on your pants leg and the slide can be operated the same. (don't suggest trying that with doubleknit pants :shock: :badgrin: , might leave a mark)

Another plus is that the mag is "single stack" ( if ya can't take 'em down with 9 rounds, write the sumbtich a check and hope he leaves peacefully) The gun is thin and conceals very nicely under a jacket or a loose shirt. Downside is, nowadays the guns are so old that parts are prone to breakage and there aren't any new parts available. :( I don't shoot mine anymore.

As for Rugers? :roll: My cousin worked for Ruger when they decided to get into the center fire auto pistol business. They designed their first and touted them highly. The first five guns off the line QUIT FIRING after less than 5 rounds!!!! :oops: :badgrin:

:FI:Igor
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Igor » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:49 pm

10 for 10, the Glock question is tricky if your not familiar with all their models. A cartridge for a musket?

Igor
:FI:Igor