Battlefield 1942 or BF 2 discussions !!

Everything that got nothing to do with games we play ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:04 pm

Sapper that isn´t a picture of you is it?
:lol:

have you tried 64slot servers, with 6-15 players? those matches last long time, so you got plenty of time getting the badge...

When i earned my pistol badge, i was acting as a commander, on a 10 player match, and since no one reguested for UAV, i used it to track down enemy snipers, and capping them with my pistol... That could work for knife badge also..

"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
Finbar1
Postmaster

Post by Finbar1 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:41 pm

Went commander last night for the first time,what a gas.
Didnt take my eyes of the screen,need to learn how to interact with my squad leaders,amazingly we won.
I have given up on pistols,and kinifes.
Went Engyto get the Explosives Badge on a 64 server,mined the entire town all night,all that did was get me a large t/k score cos of the muppet drivers.
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:14 am

Went Engyto get the Explosives Badge on a 64 server,mined the entire town all night,all that did was get me a large t/k score cos of the muppet drivers.
Yes, some people seem to think that it´s a logo of The Phantom, not a warning about friendly mines, they sometimes see in their screens :?

;)

Dont worry, you´ll get the hang of beeing a commander, pretty soon... Just use the squads wisely (dont order them all to a one point, for example) and remember to give spec ops guys something to blow up, like enemy´s arty and Uav´s..

"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
Finbar1
Postmaster

Post by Finbar1 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:55 pm

Same applies to Claymores,I put them at the top of ladders so that I can relax,have a smoke ,a beer,phone home,etc.
What happens....Team Kills..do they look up and say jeez wonder whats up there,guess I'll just pop up for a look see..boom.
They argue that they want to resupply me,I answer if I want resupplied I'll take care of it.
Nice sig btw Sapper.
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:05 pm

Phew, what an exercise...

When was the last time i got some sleep?, oh yes, 49 hours ago :doubt: Oh well, when i get home, i´ll probably sleep the whole weekend, exept sunday of course, because of the machine match ;)

No wait, Bf2 SF is in the stores.... so much for the sleeping :lol:
They argue that they want to resupply me,I answer if I want resupplied I'll take care of it.
Yeah, you gotta be carefull of when and where to ask supply, because that supply create can give your location away for the enemy...
Nice sig btw
Thank you Finbar! If you want one, visit http://www.tehsig.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. If you want a custom sig, you gotta edit the code yourself, but i think it´s worth the trouble and time ;)

:FI:Macca
The North Pole

How special are Special Forces?

Post by :FI:Macca » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:29 pm

Okee,since I've got the expansion I'd write some words about giving my first impressions.

In general, the maps are smaller then in basic BF2.Less emphasis is put on vehicles, so it is not that easy to terrorize a map with a tank:) Few masps are nightime maps so night vision goggles are a must. It seems that infantry combat is on the first place here. Well...the grappling hook, zip line.....lovely toys,I must say, they give new possibilities to soldiers equipped with them.

The Iron Gator mapis kinda crap to me - it is my opinion - it reminds me Counter Strike, which I strongly dislike. And the possiblity to massacre ppl with chopperes on this map is wayy toeasy.

The best maps IMHO are Warlord and Ghowt City (Ghost Town?). Today I had a nice,shot thoug, match on the Ghost City map, played on the British SAS side versus Russian Spetznaz. I had pleasure to be part of a well coordinated squad and team in general so it was a blast.

Nighttime maps - it is me- I do not like darkness:) I am not scard ofdarkness but I don't like it. With some exceptions.

I must say that I expected a bit more from the expansion - I still prefer the original BF2 - it is more "warlike". However, the new toys and armies and maps are worth installing it and doing some online battlefielding.

I hope next expansion will be more concentrated on regular war:)

and one of the biggest negatives - no new sniper rifle............

Macca
ImageImageImage
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:40 pm

Thanks for the review Macca. I guess for the reduced price for the game (at least in Canada) it might find it's way under the Christmas tree. Strange, while I enjoy messing around in the big open maps with aircraft and vehicles, I find myself drawn to the BF2 city maps. Such a hippocrate I guess. :D

I agree that they need to stay with the BF theme and not try to become a Splinter Cell/CoD game. Hopefully the next expansion will further the original gameplay. Hey some ranked new maps would be nice! :D

Btw do you know if they resolved the encrytion key issue in the Registry. At present Matthew cannot properly play the game under his XP account.

TS!
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:48 pm

:FI:TacticalS! wrote: Strange, while I enjoy messing around in the big open maps with aircraft and vehicles, I find myself drawn to the BF2 city maps.

I agree that they need to stay with the BF theme and not try to become a Splinter Cell/CoD game.
Agree.

Finally I can fly choppers - I was using my joystick all the timeand it was difficult, with mouse it seems much easier and precise. I don'tknow why, but maps in basic BF2 seem to be ....hmmm....designed better? Maybe this is because I plaed them much much more. My fav maps are Strike at Karkand and the other city map....what is the name...the one with the TV station with helipod on the top of the station.

Let's wait and see:)

I already want next expansion - Battlefield 2: Total War

East VS West for example:)

Can't you let Matt play on your account?

S!

Macca
ImageImageImage
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:23 pm

:FI:Macca wrote:Can't you let Matt play on your account?
You should work for EA's support centre mate. :D Of course, but it would be kinda nice if he could play the game under his own account, you know like he could before the last patch for BF2. ;)

EA sucks. Long live EA! :shock:

Tact - "I hate sharing things with my kids" - S!
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:17 pm

:):)

TactS,there are even more totaly idiotic issues, not only with accounts - for instance - patch installation requires 3 GB of free space on your C drive.....thre is a way around that - you have to do a little chane in your registry and then ,afdter installing the patch, go back to previous settings.

Things like this one or the account issue shouldn't happen, - not big issues but realy pain in the a*** because of their stupidity.

And I think that DICE is the company to blame - EA isthe publisher.

So when do we play some BF2 as a larger grou?

Mac( do not work for EA support centre yet - waiting for the offfer)ca
ImageImageImage
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:35 pm

ffs... "patching failed" :evil:
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:12 pm

Sapper,what is with your patch?
do you have 3 GB of free space no your C druive?

M
ImageImageImage
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:18 pm

I got it sorted out... it wasn´t the C-drive, because i had 25 gigs of free space there...

1. I uninstalled bf2 and bf2 sf
2. I cleaned registry with WinASO and reg mechanic
3. I installed bf2 again (without any patches)
4. I installed bf2 sf
5. I applied patch 1.12

And it works!

:D

The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:26 pm

:beer: =D]

S!

M
ImageImageImage
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:58 am

In Finland, people can have compensations from for example banks, if they have to stand in a queue for too long...

Maybe i should ask EA for compensation, for spending too much time, trying to get their games to work ;)