Battlefield 1942 or BF 2 discussions !!

Everything that got nothing to do with games we play ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Moog
Forum Junky

Re: It's good fun

Post by :FI:Moog » Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:11 pm

:FI:Fenian wrote:
I just feels a little unreal to me - mainly doe to the fact that I'm a WWII kinda guy.....
Hey Fen et. al don't forget - http://forgottenhope.bf1942files.com/ma ... &flash=yes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Forgotten Hope 2 is coming out soon... a complete WWII reworking of Battlefield2!

The FH team has already gained serious kudos for their BF1942 mod (weighing in at a hefty 2+Gb!!) and judging from the early screenshots, the BF2 version is going to be jaw-dropping. Kiss your free time goodbye :(

:lol:
"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...
:FI:Fenian
Just pink and fluffy

Great...

Post by :FI:Fenian » Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:30 pm

but it would take me six months to DL 2 Gigs.. :lol:
_________
:FI:Fenian

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:52 pm

Ouch!

Did you know, that if you play Bf2 too much, your index finger starts hurting like hell :?

There should be a warning label or something in Bf2´s box.... :lol:

"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:Dutchman
The Unforseeable

Whooha news for the Sweden Gazette

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:31 pm

Good old Fenian in modern warfare .

welcome mate, Tact is right about the armour and stuff, but this online gaming is al about teamplay lone wolfes do not make it long even when you are a sniper.
well hope to meet you soon. Fen.

So long.................

Dutch..,

ImageImageImage
Better loose one minute in your life, than loose your life in one minute...
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:50 am

"Your connection to the server has been lost"

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

I get this error message pretty often (i think it started after 1.03 patch) And if i can hang in on a server for a whole match, it´s something like a miracle...

Last edited by Sapper-FIN on Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:Deadhand
Baby Boardie

BF2

Post by :FI:Deadhand » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:04 pm

Hoo Hoo

Wait I've got it too

So where can i Sign up for this game !!!

i want to shoot with you guys
I love it when a plan comes together !

:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:53 pm

:FI:Sapper-FIN wrote:Ouch!

Did you know, that if you play Bf2 too much, your index finger starts hurting like hell :?

There should be a warning label or something in Bf2´s box.... :lol:
Sapp, you can sue them 0 just like McDonald's -they didn't put a warning on coffe mugs ,that the coffe was hot.

:)

Ok.

Now the Question.

Has anyone of you, brave soldiers , played BF2 as a commander?

I tried it yesterday ue to the fact that our commander was doing nothing but camping on a crane. So i applied and was chosen. in democratic elections to be the commander.We lost, haowever the round went quite well, we managed to recapture almost half of the flags. And it was cool when squad leader noticed that I listen what they say and support them as much as i can, they obeyed orders and tried to perform their duties. Requested supplies, artillery,etc -absolutely great.
I noticed that many times commanders just do not care, they neglect their duties and take part in combat and not concentrate on the commander's functions.
Do you have any suggestions and advice for a begiinning commander?Now I'm really hooked by this mode.
It would be great to have voice communication with all the squads so that you can give orders in two ways and readc faster to their requests.

S!

Mac(beginner commander)ca
ImageImageImage
:FI:Dutchman
The Unforseeable

commander

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:40 pm

well, M
I did once but it's a pretty hard job.
but I did well i guess, gave the supplies and orders and stayed in the ouskirts.

It was fun but i preffer to play myself and have a commander in this game for now.

Dutch..,
Last edited by :FI:Dutchman on Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImageImage
Better loose one minute in your life, than loose your life in one minute...
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:50 pm

It's great fun. First rule is that one must spend his full time to it and not try to participate in the mission. Second rule is to find a great hiding place so you can concentrate on rule 1. ;)

At one time if you picked the Special Ops the enemy commander couldn't see you for some reason. However, this may no longer be true since the patch.

Things you probably know:

- damaged/destroyed equipment can be fixed with supply crates;

- you can zoom right into the map to precisely land supply crates;

- call a strike and then drop a supply crate so the enemy soldiers start running towards it and right into the art strike; :badgrin:

- never stop scanning and deploying your "radar" for the boys, and don't forget you can also spot things too; and

- check out the commander's interface - you can right-click and control your squads individually.

TS!
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:40 pm

Has anyone of you, brave soldiers , played BF2 as a commander?
Well, i got my Veteran commander badge today *cough cough* :lol:

Along with my Gunnery sergeant promotion \:D/

A good trick is to be an engineer, and position yourself near artillery and UAV/radar... You see, somehow those spec ops guys have a strong urge to destroy these facilities.... If they are destroyed, you can pretty quickly fix them.
And it was cool when squad leader noticed that I listen what they say and support them as much as i can, they obeyed orders and tried to perform their duties.
I had an exellent session today... People formed squads, instead of beeing lone wolves, they asked artillery, supply drops and UAV, and obeyed orders... That was one of the rare occasions, where i had the change, to actually lead the battle.... Usually commander just uses arty and UAV, and squads do what they like... Now it was different... Our team worked like a real combat unit (!) and that was cool...
I noticed that many times commanders just do not care, they neglect their duties and take part in combat and not concentrate on the commander's functions.
Some guys apply commander´s position, only because that way they can get more points (if his side wins, that is). When i´m on a server, which has lot of players (35-64 peeps) i´m usually a non-combat commander... i just find a good hiding place, and stay put. If the server has under 35 players, i sometimes take part in the action (this depeds on the map too), but only if i find myself an APC or a tank. Of course i keep bringing up the commander screen, every 30 seconds or so...

The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:34 am

Thanks for the comments, Sapp!!

Iwish BF1942 jad such commander mode.

Ok, talking bout BF1942 - new and last version of the Forgotten Hope Mod has been released -go here

There is a full file also - 2 GB.

the dev team will concentrate on BF2 version now.

S!

Macca
ImageImageImage
Finbar1
Postmaster

Post by Finbar1 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:58 am

Hi Macca
It was great meeting up..you know we need to arrange another meeting,in BF2.
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:13 am

Yes,definietly!

Would be cool to team up with more FIs to compose a good squad.

maybe tomorrow evening?

BTW

a new version of punkbuster for Battlefield 2 has just been released

http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloads ... bsetup.exe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

paste it into you Battlefield2/PB directory and run

S!

Macca
ImageImageImage
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:22 am

Would be cool to team up with more FIs to compose a good squad.
That sounds like a good idea! We could get some nice results..

Finbar1
Postmaster

Post by Finbar1 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:46 pm

Sapper that isnt a picture of you is it?
Have spent the last two days trying for knife,and explosives badge so far without success.Sure have died a lot though.