Good session last night(13th July)

Dates, News and Comments
Skipper
Forum Junky

Good session last night(13th July)

Post by Skipper » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:23 pm

Just thought I'd come on the forum and let all of you who I flew with last night (Gen , L.F , Gadje and RULES) that I had a great time.It was brillinat fun and just a pity I had to leave earlyish :(

I'm quite shocked that on two missions I made it home , infact , we all did :shock: albeit one of those missions we saw NO enemy planes! :D :lol: :oops:

It was a good night though and I intend to work on my landings :roll: ;)

Skip
"Nothing in Life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
Winston Churchill

:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Agreed!

Post by :FI:Genosse » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:06 pm

I liked the idea of flying and acting as a wingman. We still were a bit uncoordinated but I think we´re on the right way ...

Maybe it´s already a bit too late for this scenario but I´d like to host some campaign COOPs over the Pacific ... I´ll give you a call if I´m ready to host a couple of mission ...

Gimme more, please!

Cheers,

Gen "OOOOH!" sse ;)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:43 pm

What am I not doing right? I was on HL from 17:30-20:00 and checked back at 21:00 GMT, but I didn't see anybody. How do I keep missing you all. I am in the general lobby of forgotten battles. I see the list of those playing and those just online. I scroll up and down the list, but just don't see any :FI:'s. Actually I caught a glimpse of Sixxpack, but that was it.

Any ideas/help, am I just messing up on the times. I am eastern standard time US.

Don't to seem like a whiner, just want to get this to work.

Noter
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:57 pm

Last night was a bit funny as they did not always go back to HL. With Coops, you can launch a new coop without going back to HL. Those that were in the previous one get carried over into the next one by the host.

You can join when the host is loading a new mission by right clicking on an existing "in game" player and pressing enter/carriage return, but you can only do this when then the mission is loading, not once it is live and flying. It's called going in by the back door. It's not obvious for someone sitting in HL that anew mission is loading, I only knew from listening in on TeamSpeak.

You were not doing anything wrong as such. Whilst ist does not make things any easier for you, it's just the way things happened to work last night. Sorry if it frustrated you.

G
I fear no beer

Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:26 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. It's ok, it's just good to know it wasn't me or anything I was doing wrong. Just own it up to bad luck for last night. Your reply explains a lot.

Should I still see the names in the "in game" list or because it's relaunching in game they wouldn't show up?

I'll have to try again for this weekend.

I tried getting on the TS server, but got a password error. I copied and pasted the link from the Communication forum. Pretty sure I did it this right.

Thanks,
Noter
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:58 pm

FYI - I also was online (TeamSpeak) between 10:00 until 11:00 pm Atlantic Time Zone. Unfortunately, no one showed up for Historic Encounters. :( However, I did enjoy a couple COOP missions hosted by Murph.

Try to get on TS if you can mate - that's the best meeting place.

I expect to be hosting Historic Encounters next Wednesday, especially since I'll be on my vacation then. I may be absent some future Wednesday, but I'll try to let folks know beforehand.

Regards,
TactS!
Last edited by :FI:TacticalS! on Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skipper
Forum Junky

Post by Skipper » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:09 pm

It was very good fun acting as wingman :D !

Next time Noter we will have to definately set a time with you and if neccessary , I don't mind leaving to HL and re entering to help "find you". In my view its better the more humnas we have but last night really was great! :D

Whenever you're ready for a new campaign just let me know Gen and I'm there! :D ....if I'm allowed that is :oops: :shock:.The only problem is landing on a carrier is harder than ground and i can barely do that! :lol:

Skipper
"Nothing in Life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
Winston Churchill

Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:30 pm

Thanks for the help guys. Sounds good Skip, I appreciate the offer, and I do believe I will take you up on it.

Now TS, unfortunately I'm new to that too. I went to quick connect and pasted in the address:

ts2.ecgnetwork.com:8823

Then got the password error. Is this the right address? I went and tried some public address' and was able to connect as a guest. Although I never heard anybody talking and no one heard me. I will visit the TS web page and read up on it, probably missed a step or two.

I downloaded the latest TS version, unless it was update in the past two weeks, so I should be good there.

Again thanks for the help.

I hear ya on those landings, mine are attrocious. I do better if I do the pattern, but just takes too long, so I crab it in, but it never works out the way it's supposed to.

Noter
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:17 pm

You have pretty well figured your way there. The server password is in a PM to you.

G
I fear no beer

Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:22 pm

Thanks for the help everyone, it is greatly appreciated. Looking forward to getting together with everyone.

Noter
:FI:RULES
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:RULES » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:43 pm

8) Sorry to hear you could not join the co-op´s m8...
Have you got any :FI:´s on your friends list?
If not make a left click on all you see at HL, and ad to friends list...
That way you can go in the "back-door" by left clicking on anyones name in your friends-list and pressing enter on your key-bord...

If you allready knew this please dissregard... ;)
"Ammunition clearance is a science with uncertain assumptions, based on disputed calculations. Derived from none convincing experiments carried out by persons with doubtful reliability and questioned mental capacities using instrument of doubtful precision".
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:22 pm

I think I have 3 names in my friends list, and I will keep flagging all that I see.

Noter
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:35 pm

Nice to see noter has 3 friends now - great stuff! ;)
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:13 pm

Sad how similar my sim life is to my real life :cry: ;)

Noter
Flynn
Boardie

Post by Flynn » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:20 pm

I also didnt see any :FI:s online. I was thinking that maybe historic encounters was off for this week. Although I also spotted a Sixxpak. Sorry that I missed you there Tacts. Will there be a seesion next Wed(July 20)?