Is it just me?

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:McBiggles
Forum Junky

Is it just me?

Post by :FI:McBiggles » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:56 pm

The other night, I'd only just come home from my club, and as Mrs McBig wouldn't have anything to do with me, I thought I'd take one of the new "Cannon Spits" up and see what all the fuss was over. Well, without too much trouble I managed to find somthing big and heavy to shoot at , settled in, and started happily blasting huge bits off this chap. As much fun as that was, tooth shaking recoil. very satisfying carnage etc... I was trying to figure out how much input to counter this...anyway, I digress. Thing is chaps, and I will admit that I'd been drinking, and it was very late, the whole expieriance left me vaguely unsettled. It wasn't until the next day, when i'd pulled myself together, that I discovered, to my unending horror, that the front of both of the new machines were, how shall I say this, ehh, misssing! Not there lads, GONE!!! At least over here. Will someone else have a look please? Or should I spend less time at the club? I'm going to see if I can find Flight , ask him if he knows.
I mean I'm sure there's some reason for it. Our's not to reason why eh? It'll be explained later I'm sure. Anyway lads, I'm off to town for margaritas, anyone coming? By the by, anybody got my 5 iron?

Tah tah,
McBiggles
:FI:Fenian
Just pink and fluffy

Gone you say...???

Post by :FI:Fenian » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:02 pm

As in NOT THERE?

Hmmm....

:shock:
_________

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
:FI:ZekeMan
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:05 pm

Seems to me Beo reported something like this going on. He's got some screen shot pics on the Lair site.

Z

We sleep safe in our beds, because rough men stand ready in the night, to visit violence upon those that would do us harm... James Orwell
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:McBiggles » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:10 pm

Yes old boy, NOT BLOODY THERE. Even on the outside, no rear view of the main propulsion system. Inside the view ends at the front of the cockpit. No cowl, no prop. It's abit diconcerting what?

Cheers
McB
Just pink and fluffy

And you were drunk, yes?

Post by :FI:Fenian » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:13 pm

Was it there when you sobered up?

Which model Spit was it?

Hmmm...

How peculiar!
_________

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:McBiggles » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:24 pm

Sobered up? What on earth are you talking about? I was lucky to get that bloody thing down. I haven't been sober since. Anyway it was the new 5's, a "B", and a "C". I'm not goig anywahere near them till tih is all explained. If Group gets wind of this there is goig to be trouble. Someone, I can assure you, is going to get a oasting over this. Seen it before, mark my words.

McB
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:23 pm

You were playing on Perfect mode right? If so this is a known problem since the patch. :?
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:McBiggles » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:35 pm

Well, no actually I was playing on excellent I'm fairly sure. It's not even noticeable once you get busy. I was just curious if anyone else noticed. Are you flying tonight Tact's?
L.F
Forum Junky

Post by L.F » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:38 pm

lots of people get this, me to.

The mods over at ubi seems(want) to think that this is an issue with Nvidia and not Il-2

wierd thing is, that i have a radeon9800 ;)

:roll:
Og det er det stora,
og det er det glupa,
at Merket det stend,
um Mannen han stupa.
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:McBiggles » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:20 am

aahhhhhh, I see. Well I'll be sure and look at my card settings, wink, wink, glad to see nothing wrong with ubi.

McB
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:23 am

Indeed LF - its happening for both brands (ATI and nVIDIA) with a variety of drivers and models. And yet the fanboys are blaming nVIDIA. :roll:

Flying tonight? Sorry not until next Wednesday. Just taking a quick look around McBiggles. I do have my new Internet service, so things are looking great for next week! :)

TactS!
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:McBiggles » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:31 am

Cheers, Looking forward to it. Keep in touch. Let me know when you are going to start up again.

McB.
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:34 am

Beo mentioned fixing this by using the Nvidia 77. somethingoranother drivers. I'm an ATI dude so I have no idea what he's on about.

Z

We sleep safe in our beds, because rough men stand ready in the night, to visit violence upon those that would do us harm... James Orwell
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:McBiggles » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:08 pm

Thanx Z. I'll have a look. Clear skies m8.

McB
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:57 pm

^:)