Battlefield 2

Everything that got nothing to do with games we play ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Battlefield 2

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:56 pm

Well as folks know I have been enjoying BF1942 with Snoop a little and have been posting a bit about this series new release BF2.

Still not sure if I will pick it up, as it is not WW2 and no AI COOP mode (though there may be an undocumented workaround ;) ), but if folks do get it please let us know what's it like, pleaseeeeee [-o<

TS!
Flynn
Boardie

Post by Flynn » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:37 pm

Been playin the demo quite a bit. About to go out and liberate a full version from the shelf in a little bit.

Outstanding game! I think yer right about the lack of COOP though. Two of the biggest improvements are the addition of a team commander position and the ability to squad up. You can form up a squad with your buds and best of all your squad leader becomes a spawn point!

One of the big drawbacks in the earlier version was going online to play with a bud and trying to stay together to employ some kind of tactics. One of us is taken out...then respawns and by the time you catch up to your partner... he gets it :x

It may not be COOP but...it's close enough for me
Kcid
Baby Boardie

Post by Kcid » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:40 am

I'm gonna play bf2. So you can count me in.

Cheers,

Kcid
It's not the bullet that kills you, it's the hole.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:59 pm

Great stuff mate - let me know what you think about the game. I know of a couple of guys interested in this game.

In the meantime, I think Snoop intends to host a small session for those with BF1942 sometime soon. That should be fun!

It will be interesting to see if other folks are interested in BF2, particularly if their rigs will play this new game.

Regards,
TactS!
Flynn
Boardie

Post by Flynn » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:28 pm

I run an Athlon XP2000+, 1Gb RAM and and ATI 9600 All-in-Blunder card with 126 Mb RAM on it. I have to run the game in low video settings but it still looks just fine to me. I dont see the need to upgrade until it effects my flight sim action.

I'd suggest anyone interested in the game to dl the demo first to see how it runs....its takes a good machine to pin the settings to max.
:FI:Moog
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Moog » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:07 pm

I got the demo late last night and played for ages offline. Fantastic furious fun. The ragdoll physics are great, although games are becoming a bit too real. At least with the other games there's a sense of separation in time and space from whatever actual conflict is being represented but this is like playing the news. Instead of suspending disbelief, I've been trying to maintain it just so I can consider this as a game.

If they do a WWII mod using the BF2 engine it would be the greatest game ever!

I've got a P4-2.6, 1Gb DDR-RAM, Radeon 9800Pro 128Mb, and was running the game maxed out in 1600x1200x75MHz with 25-30FPS most of the time, but I'd say I'll have to tone the settings down online with more players.

Have you watched the clip on the official site whereby the guided missile flies THROUGH the open doors on the Blackhawk and out the other side? Sweet.

The game comes out here in Ireland tomorrow.
"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...
Flynn
Boardie

Post by Flynn » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:08 am

:FI:Moog wrote:Have you watched the clip on the official site whereby the guided missile flies THROUGH the open doors on the Blackhawk and out the other side? Sweet.
Yup...seen it. Pretty wild huh? And that was actual gameplay! Imagine being in that transport when sparky passed through! Be sure to have an unlit cigarette in your mouth first. :)
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:20 am

Battlefield 2, whatever. :roll:

What's this another silly pic from that silly game. I think it is a helicopter, but the detail is so poor hard to say.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

=P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:26 am

But can one earn medals in this game?

:FI:Sharpe

Post by :FI:Sharpe » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:48 am

Got the demo it was realy good and I think I wll be getting the full game.
I would reccomend the game and I would give it 10 out of 10. my pc is old and crappy and the game workes on mid settings :) . It stills looks good.
:FI:Dutchman
The Unforseeable

BF 2

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:07 am

Hi guys,

First of all I am in for the BF 1942 sesions once a week at least ??
how can i help to gat this going Snoop, Tact ????? let me know !!.

Now BF2 it's also awsome great graphics the Helo picture you posted is what is is in game realtime.

so its worth the money, only for that, now i uderstand that you can run a singleplayer game and tou buddys you and you and you can join that sesion so that's some kind od a co-op isn't it??
but it's tough or that is my lack of skills ha ha.

now there are some serious mods anounced for BF2 like:

This

and i can imagine that there wil be a serious WWII mod for BF2 not far from now,.... and aha what did i say a seccond a ago:

klick for one of them!!

and klick for another

Isn't that great ?? i think it kicks.

but first the BF 1942 gameserver/day to play I am IN.

So Long

Dutch..,

ImageImageImage
Better loose one minute in your life, than loose your life in one minute...
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:40 pm

I get the sense Dutch that right now at your house there's a happy little boy running around the house as if it were Christmas (and no I'm not talking about your baby!). :D

Anyway, I have this friend who is being really pressured by a fun-loving mate with buckets of childlike enthusiasm to buy a certain recently released war game. What should I do doctor? Like I don't know what you would say. :roll:

Seriously, as I have said to folks before, I think as a Platoon we could have had a lot of fun with the original series, and Snoop might just be able to see that we do. I know at least with BF1942 a lot of mates can run that game well with their existing rigs.

Those WW2 mods look awesome. Will that be a paid add-on Dutch? I am certain that we will see a lot of stuff, both from third-party developers and community-based projects. Heck, the folks who made Desert Combat freely is where BF2 basically came from (they hired some of their leading programmers). I suspect COOPS will be coming too. Man that WW2 stuff looks pretty. =P~
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:14 pm

Stovies_
Professional Boardie

Post by Stovies_ » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:03 am

is it just me or are the graphics not as good as CoD

I mean blurring. The atmospherics are great but ....

I was online tonight playing and it seemed you need around 30 rounds to knock someone down.

ok I will give it time :shock:
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:56 am

I'm up for BF1942 once a week :) We can either hosts our own servers or join some of the many nice ones available. Who will join me this Sunday?

Snoop