Time to get out of Dodge

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
MikeVictor
Forum Junky

Time to get out of Dodge

Post by MikeVictor » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:03 pm

OK, so once you have somebody on your 6 chewing your tail off, what manuevers might one try to turn the tables or at least get out of harms way. I suspect I'll be needin that advice more than any other.

Before you say it Falcon, no I don't think flying wings level straight ahead without flenching a bit is the right answer :lol:

Mike "Duck" Victor
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Re: Time to get out of Dodge

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:50 pm

MikeVictor wrote:Before you say it Falcon, no I don't think flying wings level straight ahead without flenching a bit is the right answer :lol:

but the Stews will spill their trays!

Fal "smooth ride" con

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
L.F
Forum Junky

Post by L.F » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:19 pm

always thinking about the best for the cattle.

thats our falcon O:)
Og det er det stora,
og det er det glupa,
at Merket det stend,
um Mannen han stupa.
South-Paw
Baby Boardie

Post by South-Paw » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:07 am

It depends on what the situation is.

If your plane is more manuverable, you might try turning.

Did this plan come from beneath you? You can probably get away by going faster.

Did this plan come from above? try pulling up. He could end up passing you right by.

many of these guys will follow you to the ends of the earth. use this to your advantage and lead him to your AAA, or a squadmate

Doing a roll is also another option

Just remember, some plans are better Turn and Burn fighters, whereas others are good at boom and zoom. There is really no one answer.

South Paw
MikeVictor
Forum Junky

Post by MikeVictor » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:40 am

I once saw a waitress (don't think that is PC anymore) dump a tray of 3 heeping dishes of spagetti & sauce with meatballs on a guys head in a restaurant. I wouldn't want to be responsible for that happening for cryin out loud.

However, doing the lawn dart thingie isn't a good plan either.

Hmm, interesting thoughts from lefty, might spill some spagetti, but that's better than my virtual brains I think.....

Thanks for the input ya'll. Send more ideas if you wish, I can use em.

I would like to join up on Sunday afternoons, but on decent soarable Sundays, during the Spring through Fall, I might be pulling some G's in a non virtual aircraft. That's why I didn't answer the call of duty last Sunday. Perhaps there are sessions Sunday in the evening (eastern USA time). I'll look for them, or I'll start joining non FI sessions that have FI guys in them at other times of the week. But how do I determine if my FI buddies are on the red or the blue side so I can join them?

Good night all...Mmmmooooooooo,

Mike "Herford" Victor
:)
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:53 am

MikeVictor wrote:I , or I'll start joining non FI sessions that have FI guys in them at other times of the week. But how do I determine if my FI buddies are on the red or the blue side so I can join them?

:)
Go into the server, select a base and then an aircraft. When you spawn press and hold the "s" key and you will see all the players on screen and which side and aircraft they are flying. If the FI are on the opposing team, simply hit "esc" and switch sides.

Good hunting

Nellip :D
Olegs stalker

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:51 pm

Thanks, I can use that bit of info. :)

Also, someone told me that when I connect to HL, I can hold down the shift key and I should see a browse dialog box that I can use to select a path to my 3.04m or my 4.00m executable. I tried that, didn't work. Can you tell me how else I might select he version of IL2, PF, AEP I want HL to envoke when I select a game...???

Duh,
:-s
Mike