WWII weps quiz 2, a tricky one.

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

WWII weps quiz 2, a tricky one.

Post by Sapper-FIN » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:19 pm

Caliber: 9x19mm Luger/Para
Weight: 4.6 kg
Lenght: 870 mm
Barrel lenght: 314 mm
Rate of fire: 900 rounds per minute
Magazine capacity: 20, 50 or 70 rounds
Effective range: 200 meters

Replace "?" with the weapons name.

The ? submachine gun was developed by Finnish arms designer Aimo Lahti in 1920-1930 period and adopted by Finnish Army in 1931 as ? , or simply ?. ? was manufactured by Finnish company Tikkakoski Oy (that is why it´s users were called "Tikkakosken mannekiinit", the Tikkakoski mannequins), and licensed to Denmark, Sweden and Switzerland.

Used mostly by Finnish and Sweden armies, it was also widely exported into Baltic countries, some European and South American countries. ? was used with great success during Winter War of 1940 agains Soviet Union, when, wisely used, this SMG showed to the world the importance of the submachine guns to the modern warfare. Manufacture of the ? was ceased in Finland in 1944, but it was used well until the 1990s, when finally rendered obsolete and replaced in Army by assault rifles. Soviet PPSH was based on ?´s, they captured during winter war.
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:ZekeMan
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:20 pm

My vote is for the Suomi. Now I will admit that I looked in one of my weapons books, but only to get the spelling correct. Do I get my pint now? =P~

Z

We sleep safe in our beds, because rough men stand ready in the night, to visit violence upon those that would do us harm... James Orwell
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:01 pm

:beer: Cheers! ;)

cheater :lol:
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
Beowolff
Postmaster

Post by Beowolff » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:39 pm

ya gotta' watch, Zeke buddy... ;)

he's a weapons wiz from way back. he and i have bashed and bantered about such things for years now. he knows his stuff.

good show, Zeke.

Beowolff
Beowolff's Lair
http://www.msnusers.com/BeowolffsRoninL ... slair.msnw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:16 am

the M-31 "SUOMI"??
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:07 am

M-31 suomi it is... ;)
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:02 pm

really?

wow!

those years playing "Steel Panthers" really paid off!

kinna

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.