Normandy Campaign

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Normandy Campaign

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:56 am

Tonight a small group of us started a second online campaign - Normandy 1944. We hope to enjoy this campaign outside of the Kursk Campaign (Wednesdays) on Friday evenings. Should I be around and there are a couple other folks we will also play this campaign on the odd Saturday evening.

All the times and parameters are the same as the Kursk Campaign. However, we intend to play this one a little harder by not using any icon assistance.

Here's a link to the Pilot Information for this ongoing campaign -

http://www.drunkengaming.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . You may want to bookmark this link too ;) .

After some minor tweaking the performance of the server was good. Look forward to any mates interested in joining us anytime!

TactS!
Last edited by :FI:TacticalS! on Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:24 am

had fun m8, good fights against the FW's. With I coulda stayed longer!
:: napier ::

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:21 pm

FYI - I should be hosting this campaign again on Friday, February 11th. Last week the Americans were able to push back the frontline a little. Let's keep up the fight mates!
Finbar1
Postmaster

Post by Finbar1 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:38 pm

(Sctrathing head frowning etc) Where can I join?
In my noobiness,I thought we might be on HL ,last night couldnt seeit so instead flew the109 all night (masochist) on various lobbies, got 1 kill. :oops: D
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:28 pm

Sorry but my 10:00 p.m. is way past your bedtime mate. :(
Finbar1
Postmaster

Post by Finbar1 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:10 pm

Doh :homer:
napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:45 am

you guys missed out over the skies of normandy!! It was very fun, me and tact had a hard time keepin up with the FW's! Coulda used some help from you m8's! Anyways, stats are updated, i think :roll:

Post Maniac General

Planes Presently Featured in Normandy 1944

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:53 am

For general interest and those that like to prepare ahead of time -

Allied:
P-47-D22
Spitfire Mk. 1XE
P-51-D5NT
B-25-J1
Beaufighter (added tonight!) - If only Gurb could make it :?
B-17G
C-47
B-24-J100
A-20

Axis:
FW-190-A8
Bf-109-K4
Bf-109-G10
Bf-110-G2
Fi-156 Storch
Ju-88-A4

* If there are any planes you would like to see, provided DCG allows me to use them, feel free to drop me a line.

-------------------

Hope to see you in Normandy tomorrow night!

Hey Napier I assume we'll build a similar page for Normandy? If so, I'll be posting various items for you here like I did for Kursk.
Last edited by :FI:TacticalS! on Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:57 am

Sure thing tact, gonna work on the page tomm or maybe tonight. Gonna be on tonight? Maybe some coops? Anyways, id like to see the A9 or D9 in action :)

I updated Kursk, hows she look?

See you!

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:09 am

:FI:napier wrote:Sure thing tact, gonna work on the page tomm or maybe tonight. Gonna be on tonight? Maybe some coops? Anyways, id like to see the A9 or D9 in action :)

I updated Kursk, hows she look?

See you!
Sorry can't add either A9 or D9 (not within the Defined Production Date of this particular campaign - but yes 1944 planes).

I'll be around to post some information for you but going to bed early for a busy work day tomorrow (was home with my sick son Matthew today), plus I need my "pilot's rest" for Normandy tomorrow night!
Post Maniac General

Ranks

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:21 am

Everyone is at the base rank of Flight Officer except for TacticalS! has been promoted to 2nd Lieutenant.

Snoop asked about how ranking works. My general understanding is that the combination of experience (missions) plus kills and/or points.

So sorry Snoop, an inexperienced hotshot rookie ain't getting promoted in my army. :D
Post Maniac General

Awards

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:50 am

Here are the American Awards - http://personal.nbnet.nb.ca/ohearns/IL- ... dy%201944/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

* * [edited] Awards obtained so far listed below * *

Image Air Medal

Image Bronze Star

ImageDistinguished Flying Cross

ImageLegion of Merit

ImageSilver Star

ImageDistinguished Service Cross

ImageCongressional Medal of Honor

--------------

Awards so far -

TacticalS! - Air Medal and Bronze Star

-

Up-N-At-'em - Air Medal

-

Napier - Air Medal
:FI:Murph
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Murph » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:02 am

A-20?
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:12 pm

Murph wrote:A-20?
I'll look tonight mate.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:06 pm

Not sure if you just didn't have time mate, but I later edited the above post regarding medals and indicated who has received some at the bottom of the post.

I should be able to give you several maps for Normandy (and a few earlier ones of Kursk) so we can see how the lines looked right from the start. Thinking just the startup and one map after each session.

And what's this "Ardennes 1944? :) " business on the front page of the Website? :D Seriously that would be cool. There's also Tailspin's Grand Campaign that would take us through a number of maps that might be fun. DGEN doesn't have ANY campaigns that progress you through a variety of locations (maps). Just something to think about.

---------------

With regards to the campaigns I have been really enjoying them with the squad. However, if/when folks get bored we certainly should change to a new campaign, assuming folks still want to do campaigns. And Snoop no doubt will want his Training Session back (and rightly so). Having said that I do think Kursk might only have a couple sessions left.

I look at these campaigns as a relaxed online war. Ideally it would be nice to have humans on both sides, but we don't seem to have the live bodies to put in them there planes (I feel like Winston Churchill :D ).

And yet, maybe this is a nice "niche" as once VWF 2 starts, which really sounds interesting btw, provided we manage to retain enough interest, our :FI: campaign(s) could continue with the same relaxed approach of "us" against the AI. This may be especially welcomed by those newer to IL-2 not yet ready for the challenge of online wars, or even for those involved in such online wars as a way spend some "quality" time with the squad (and show off their deadly skills :badgrin: ).

An alternative approach that I wouldn't mind seeing is getting another friendly squad to play against us; especially one more comfortable playing on the Axis side. So if anyone cares to make contact with such a group (North American time zone) feel free to do so anytime.

Anyway, always looking for suggestions about either campaign and what folks would like to see in the near future. Everyone is always welcome to drop by on Wednesday or Friday. Most missions feature a variety of planes and assignments. Fly one mission or a bunch with us. And should you not want your stats documented that can be arranged too mate!

Tact - "Online Campaign Promoter" - S!