:FI:Fenian
Just pink and fluffy

Hmmm...

Post by :FI:Fenian » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:19 pm

Neeep, neepro!

:)

Vroom!

:D

I have Dnepr... ain't been flowing much recently.... but I have a plan as John Kerry was wont to say :lol:

Wonder what he's doing now?

_________
:FI:Fenian

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:22 pm

Looking really good Napier!

Spelling mistake - TacticalS! is promotoed to Leitenant #-o

Not putting folks in alpha order for awards?

I like the maps - that's much better, especially when we add some more next time.

----------

Still tracking down with Paul (DCG designer) why those 3 missions sucked (unless my Genosse theory is correct). :D
napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:30 pm

im in the middle of kinda updating it/drinking :D

I like those stats falc, maybe i'll include them!

Tact,

What about writing a fictitous story for under the frontline about the ongoing war, just for fun and immersion, etc.
:: napier ::

Sendero
Beginner

Post by Sendero » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:33 pm

:FI:Falcon wrote:more stats ...

said, "meep meep!" most (11) _________________________ Sixxpak!

mispronounced the most town names (137)_______________SnoopBaron

screamed like a little (baratone) girl most (3) _____________ Heloego

said, "that's not how it's supposed to happen ..." most (53) __TacticalS

got lost most (once each mission) ______________________Napier

<runs>
I think i actually won the "got lost most" stat

Once, y'all were right in front of me and simply disappeared, I SWEAR! Another time we were all attacking a column of 4 He-111's and destroyed a few, I swung around for another pass and somehow I was suddenly attacking a seperate 4 all by myself with no one around. I was like, where did everyone go? I was confused as hell, lol.
Sendero
Beginner

Post by Sendero » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:30 pm

Another noob question.... Regarding the stats (real ones :D ), what is the In Flight stat?
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:25 am

Your status at the end of the mission - In-flight opposed to KIA, Bailed or Landed.

For immersion I think we would prefer to land but it's kinda nice to squeeze the extra mission in or so by stopping once everyone is out of ammo and not in trouble.
Post Maniac General

Kursk Campaign Mission Problems

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:24 am

Paul is still looking into the problem.

In the meantime, after further examination I have increased the Action Radius from 50 km to 100 km and generated another mission.

In this next mission, which we will play next Wednesday, our ground pounders (IL-2) attack two bridges. Flight paths are great for interceptions for all aircraft. BTW don't panic about the increased Action Flight Distance, we won't be travelling that far in this map (plus we haven't be returning to land).

At this point I think the advancement of the Front Line is preventing the proper generation of DCG missions. While the original 30 km and 50 km radius that I have used work well because the action was more centered around Kursk, now that we are winning the battle a higher value is needed in order to spawn in the necessary ground units. I just hope that this doesn't adversely affect server performance.

A suggestion for my IL-2 pilots -

- Let the leader be an AI so that you are guaranteed to find the target and possible additional units afterwards.

- Having said that, pick your spot so that you have an AI wingman for assistance.

- It appears to me that sometimes DCG has IL-2 patrolling for the sake of interception by German planes. While this isn't exciting, makes historical sense that such sweeps are not always going to result in ground targets.

However, with the Action Radius change and picking an AI leader you should be able to venture into enemy territory to attack bases.

- Unlike DGEN, there are ground units travelling along main routes. After arriving at the target zone, feel free to explore and look around. I know in the first mission we'll play next week IL-2 will definitely be bombing bridges without fail. :D

--------------

Should I receive anything further from Paul Lowengrin that will help I'll let you know mates.

TactS!
Post Maniac General

Planes Presently Featured in Kursk

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:58 am

Russian -
IL-2 Type 3M
IL-2 Type 3
IL-4
Yak-9T
Spitfire Mk. VIII
Hurricane MK.IIc
Mig-3UD
La-5FN
La-5F
LI-2

German -
Bf-110-G2
Bf-109-G6
Bf-109-G6 Late
Ju-87-G1
Ju-88-A4
Fw-190-A5
Fw-190-A6
Fw-189-A2
He-111-H6
He-129-B2
Ju-88-A4
Fi-156 Storch
Post Maniac General

New Maps

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:33 am

Please replace existing Kursk maps for these ones Napier -

Image Start of Campaign - February 2

Image February 9 Session

Image February 16 Session

TactS!
Post Maniac General

Bombing Objective Completed, Now What?

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:03 pm

Why not try to destroy a nearby base? :badgrin:

"There is no way to completely knock out an enemy airbase - short of capturing it with tanks. What you can do is reduce it's effectiveness by:

1. Destroying static aircraft. The destruction of these, reduces the numbers of planes available to squadrons based at that particular base.

2. Destroy the radio truck (usually sitting right beside the control tower). Destroying the radio truck will reduce the number of flights that ground control will be able to process - every squadron based there will have 1 flight reduced from it's active total (to a minimum of 1).

3. Destroy oil tank (train) cars. As these are not (usually) at the airfield, this is an indirect action, but each one destroyed (anywhere on the map) increases the chances of a fuel shortage for the airfield and a reduction in the number of flights that will be active. Again, every flight will be reduced one flight to a minimum of one."
napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:04 am

lets do it! blue base hoooo!

:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:23 am

Had fun look forward to the next one :D To bad I crashed in that head on with the sixx man :D Otherwise you know I would have wasted the whole lot of ya :badgrin: :p

I think a good tip to follow is to check the flight paths of the flights on both sides before a mission. I know it is kind of cheating but that way you can pick a more exiting flight group. What do you think?

s!
Snoop
napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:12 am

Anyone still interested in flying kursk campaign? I am for one, even though my friend and wingman tact wont be there. :( I'll be glad to host on weds for us. Pls let me know ifyoure still interested.....

napier

:FI:Snaphoo
Forum Junky

I'm interested...

Post by :FI:Snaphoo » Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:47 am

But my sleep schedule is so fouled up that I am unsure if I'll be able to make it... But I will definitely try...
You've got red on you.
Give me the punch ladle, I'll fathom the bowl.
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:11 am

I'm still interested although it will be sad to fly without Tact :(

Snoop