Kursk Campaign

Dates, News and Comments
napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:22 pm

sir yes sir! :badgrin: Try to make it on earlier if you can m8!
:: napier ::

:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:39 am

Napier has a great website here - http://www.drunkengaming.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; that has all your pilot stats. Great work mate!
:FI:Up-n-at-'em
Boardie

Post by :FI:Up-n-at-'em » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:57 am

Sorry I missed out WED. Looking foward to next week tho.

Esp those Spits. 8)

Oh & Napier very nice site. Is that a Tempest I see in Normandy ?!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:06 pm

I think everyone had a great time. We missed all our mates that were there last week but couldn't make it Wednesday - Snoop, Helo, Crimson, Ardmore & Seth. Hope to see all you guys back next week! :)
Post Maniac General

eventlogkeep

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:25 pm

Update To Napier and Interested Others -

OK, I'm dumb (no wise cracks Helo or Falcon [-X ). I suspect in the desire to increase my online performance I changed eventlogkeep=1 to eventlogkeep=0 in my IL-2 config.ini file. This prevents I believe the retention of previous mission stats.

Napier (and others) if you change your setting to eventlogkeep=1 all the mission stats should be saved in your eventlog, and you will not have to tab out and rename the file each time. #-o

Assuming this is true, why didn't one of you smart :FI: guys mention this to us?

I see online wars like Bellum also use another setting eventlog=coop.txt that I believe places all the mission stats into a file called coop.txt. This file can be later deleted, especially since it grows very large over time.

I will test this out before tonight Napier. There's also an update to DCG that I will need to download. Among other things it will allow me easier access to reduce the ROF for those Destroyers in Normandy (last week I manually edited the files :? ). Plus I printed off some good hosting settings from Bellum that I want to try out tonight.

TactS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:58 pm

:FI:TacticalS! wrote:I think everyone had a great time. We missed all our mates that were there last week but couldn't make it Wednesday - Snoop, Helo, Crimson, Ardmore & Seth. Hope to see all you guys back next week! :)
And of course you too Up-n-at-'em #-o :D
napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:38 pm

if anyone would like to see anything else on the stats page, screenshots, tracks, etc, please let me know!

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:57 pm

Yes, we need to start recording these missions and posting some screenshots. I think I would pay money to re-live last week when Snoop was being "spanked real hard" by our Napier! :badgrin:

Tact - "good memories" - S!

P.S. And why is your mother giving us the finger all the time mate? :(
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:57 am

Good job Napier :). I'm still sick but I'm hopping to get better by Sunday.

You know Tact, if you got shot down by Napier it just wouldn't be much of an event would it ;) Ponder that my friend :badgrin:

:p

Snoop
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:10 am

So it is really killing YOU I take it! :lol:

Future's so bright I got to wear 8) .

Come over to Normandy tonight. Tell Amanda you are really too sick to have any company. ;)
L.F
Forum Junky

Post by L.F » Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:30 am

What if she finds out?!
:shock:
Then we wont see snoop for atleas two months.

nhaaa... better to play it safe.
Og det er det stora,
og det er det glupa,
at Merket det stend,
um Mannen han stupa.
napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:40 am

i was happy to shoot snoop down, hes a good pilot, its usually the other way around! :oops:

Post Maniac General

Plane Selection in Kursk

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:52 pm

Last night I started editing some of the plane selection available in our Kursk campaign. Here's a good Website that I am using as a source to improve the accuracy of the DCG campaign - http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/avenue/vy75/obair.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .

In addition, I will keep the Spits and may include the Mig-3. Like to see more Bf-110 as fighters which were common in the Kursk campaign. Thinking of maybe using the Fi-156 for recon as that HS-123 has Keppoch number. ;)

Was thinking about the I-185 (1942) but not sure how she would perform against the German airplanes.

Anyway, if you guys have any suggestions, keeping in mind this is 1943 and we're at Kursk (so Snoop no Mustangs :D ), love to hear your suggestions.

TactS!
Sendero
Beginner

Post by Sendero » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:20 pm

I would love to join in if it's possible. I'm sure y'all could use some target practice. :D If it's not FI only (since I'm new) I would like to give it a go. I would need a little assistance though, like the server address and Team Speak address.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:51 pm

:FI:napier wrote:i was happy to shoot snoop down, hes a good pilot, its usually the other way around! :oops:
Want a kleenex to wipe your MOUTH mate? There's something BROWN all over it. :-#

Tact - "Being A Nasty Today" - S!
Last edited by :FI:TacticalS! on Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.