:: napier ::

:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:44 am

Your days are numbered :badgrin:
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:53 am

All our days are numbered under the sun my son. ;)
Post Maniac General

This Week!

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:37 am

This week as a special treat our Russian forces will have an opportunity to fly some Spitfires as they battle the Germans in the Kursk area. :D

Also, I have decided to change the briefing sound to this one - http://personal.nbnet.nb.ca/ohearns/IL- ... efing1.wav" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (right-click and Save Target).

Hope to see you guys there this Wednesday!

TactS!
Last edited by :FI:TacticalS! on Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:29 am

Cool I'm looking forward to it!

Snoop
napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:23 pm

word! spits!

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:08 pm

Glad to hear your guys remain interested.

Thought I would provide some information about the campaign for those participating to make their experience the best possible.

While I believe we had a great time last week, especially given the number of all the :FI: mates flying around :!: , there was one mission where we saw no action, and in one other mission our bomber boys didn't have any targets to bomb. :(

Therefore, I will be trying the following DCG settings tonight (all these settings were on Moderate last week) -

Squadron Density - Dense (more squads in the missions)
Column Density - Full (all the moving ground units in the mission)
Static Objects - Heavy (most of the static objects in the mission but we'll see some changes between missions)

In addition, as previously mentioned, I have changed the percentage of flight interception from Random to 100% and there will be no Transfer missions.

Upon further examination of the missions, I have increased the Action Radius from 30 km to 50 km. This will result in DCG populating the maps with objects within a 50 km radius of the frontline. While this influences to some degree flight distance, this is not to be confused with DGEN flight distance parameter. In other words, flight distances for this mission should be about the same as last week.

With regards to seeing more immediate action, I have also moved some of the German squads closer to Kursk.

Here are some quick tips for you while playing -

(a) Feel free to take a look around at each squad's assignment. My personal preference would be to only look at your country's briefings, but if you want to ensure some action take a look at the enemy's assignments as well. Obviously pick those that interest you.

(b) For the Russian squads most of their bases are at or very close to Kursk, which oddly enough is the center of the conflict. ;) My suggestion is to take your time taking off and gaining altitude as we should usually have enough time to do so as the Germans fly into our area.

There is Externals folks can use if they wish to ensure trouble free take-offs. A more realistic approach is to turn your airplane sideways or radio the tower for take-off clearance.

(c) To ensure action make sure you follow your waypoints. It would be preferred if you also maintain your suggested altitudes but that's up to you.

(d) Finally, as previously mentioned, we will have some 1943 Spitfires active for the Russian side tonight. While I want to maintain a sense of the Kursk conflict, I am willing to consider entertaining plane requests provided they are 1943 or earlier. Just post a request in this thread.

---------------

Please keep in mind of these changes and suggestions. While the server played smoothly last week, I won't know exactly how things will run tonight. Therefore, I may request between missions that we exit long enough for me to make adjustments. However, based upon the testing I have been able to do that hopefully won't be necessary. It will depend on the number of mates and the quality of their connections I suspect.

And before I forget, since Helo has decided work is more important than gaming I will be giving all :FI: mates who play tonight with the gamertag :FI:Heloego some incredible door prizes. :shock:

Sorry for the long post, but you expect them from me by now, right? ;)

TactS!
napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:29 am

hold on let me grab my reading monicle

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:12 am

:FI:napier wrote:hold on let me grab my reading monicle
Like YOU know how to read anyway. :roll:
napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:16 am

you ready for the campaign or what, its 8:16!!!

napier waits....

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:36 pm

What's with Napier's post? :D

We started shortly after 10:00 p.m. and I believe all had a great time again! Congrats to SixxPak for an amazing run last night. Awesome mate! =D] Napier and I got our share of kills too but also suffered a couple deaths. Sucks eh Napier. :( Also, thanks for joining in our first mission Dutchman. :)

--------------------

I think the new settings work fine, right guys? We saw lots of action.

There are two areas that I want to improve for next time.

I want to provide for even a greater selection of Russian fighter aircraft (if possible) while maintaining the historical setting. FYI - I will keep the 1943 Spitfires, but they will no longer be present in every mission like last night (you Spit addicts [-X ).

--------------------

The other thing, and more importantly, I need to make improvements to the stats tracking. It is clear to me now that by allowing freedom to choose what side and squad (assignment) you want each mission, that the DCG logs are not properly recording all the stats. In fact, they're rather messed up at the moment. :?

Therefore, I want to take this opportunity before our next session to redesign the stats page and ask for your help. I would like to start using the log IL-2 creates after each mission.

However, as host and one who uses a force feedback stick I can't tab out of the game to backup the log file after each mission. Therefore, I will ask someone each week to do this for me. If you don't use a FF stick this shouldn't be a problem (i.e., you should be able to stay in the game). Then after the session, I will get you to e-mail me the log files. Having said that doesn't TeamSpeak let us transfer files? :-k Can't remember now but if so that may be an easier route to take.

So any volunteer for next week?

In the meantime, hopefully tonight I will redesign the stats table. I have the log for the last two missions (we flew four missions last night). I can extract "basic" information from the first two missions. Dutchman do you have the log of the first mission still mate?

On the positive side by using the log file I will be able to maintain more stats. The new table (I think) will have the following categories -

Pilot Name, Missions, Points, Air Kills, Ground Kills, In-Flight/Landed, Bailed, Captured, KIA and K/D.

The debriefings will continue to inform us of promotions and awards.

I love stats tracking and hope while this method is a little more work, it will in the end be more accurate and detailed. Also, all the stats from last week will be included (don't worry guys).

One question, do you guys want a Landed category? I think it is OK, it is just we tend to move onto the next mission before bothering to land. Maybe we should be landing more?

Also, are the icons still ok? Want to reduce anything? If you don't like icons remember that they are not used in the Normandy campaign.

TactS!
Last edited by :FI:TacticalS! on Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:19 pm

I had a fun time last night tact! I can help with the stats tracking as I can tab out of the game. Do you want me to set up a table and host them as well? Id have no problem doing that. 8)

s!

napier

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:54 pm

I don't mind tabulating the stats each week mate. What don't YOU trust me? :D

Unlike Snoop I'm not a "control-freak" ;) so if you (or anyone) would like to help out I certainly welcome that mate. Now, having said that do you:

- Have a website to host the stats?

- Do you have the programs/experience with html (not that I do obviously :lol: )?

- Or are you saying you would be willing to tabulate the information and send it to me after each session?

Please let me know Napier as I intend to work on the new (and improved) table tonight.

Regards,
TactS!
napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:40 pm

hola tact,

to answer your 20 questions

Yes ive got a website :) a few i think ;)

Yes i know html, and have the progs :)

I;ll be around tonight if you want help with them

napier

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:01 pm

:-k No I don't want HELP, I want to delegate! :D

Just to clarify though, are you willing to create the stats page, save the logs, and update in a timely manner after each session, including even those sessions that you don't attend (obviously we will send you the logs)?

If the answer is a resounding YES then your hired Napier! \:D/ Can you also take my Normandy stats and create a stats page for it?

I would like to have the following information (you might want to do more) -

(a) Pilot
(b) Missions
(c) Points
(d) Air Kills
(e) Ground Kills
(f) In-Flight/Landed
(g) Bailed
(h) Captured
(i) KIA
(j) K/D

Still interested in doing this? If so let's meet tonight @ 10:00 p.m. on TS and I will share my stats from last night.

Tact - "sharing the workload" - S!