Interested in a Dynamic Online Campaign Mate?

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:19 am

I haven't had a chance to get on the forum for several days so I missed this thread. I would love to join, but I can't fly outside of Wed. and Sunday. I know you've settled on a time but I would love it if you hosted an alternate session on Wednesday. I mean I don't have to host every Wednesday I would be happy to take a break and get some time in a online campaign :D I think it would kick ass and make for a nice change of pace.

As for my personal preferences on settings:

Icons: yes (no color but type at longer ranges and distances as you get in closer, is my personal favorite for hisotrical plane match ups)

Externals: yes (it just gets to borring if you get shot down, I'm here to be entertained dang it I want to watch Tactical get shot down after I go down :D )

Landing: no (I like landing, but it is to time consuming, it's better to go on to the next mission and minimize the wait time for anyone who is dead)

That's my humble opinion :)

s!
Snoop
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Gee, they all are so tempting!

Post by :FI:Heloego » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:22 am

I'd like to modify my last post.

Did I say Friday?

Of course I did. But what I really meant to say was " Aircraft and whims of the idiots I work with permitting, any evening is good. 10:00 to 11:00 PM Atlantic works out to GMT minus 4, so that means GMT minus 7 for me, colloquially known as 7:00PM to 8:00PM here in the Land of Enchantment, also colloquially known as Bowels del Fuego. ;)

Icons: Yes, conformity/distance to be decided by you.

Externals: Yes. If I can't kill you, at least let me watch someone else do it ;)

Landing Planes: No. What's so exciting about that? Unless someone can be counted on to kill you on landing, no exceptions. ;)

And that's my humble opinion. (Hope you like it. :) )
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:06 pm

Ok, now it's getting complicated. ;)

Let's start with the basics -

(a) Icons allowed (we can always turn them off when Snoop's not around 'cause the rest of us are real men - oh ya baby! :lol:) - my standard "Irish" setting is black label showing plane type and friendly name 2 km out - ok?

(b) Landings not required (but of course we will land if most are still flying; short flight distances so it won't take long).

(c) Externals allowed - just no peaking you cheaters! [-X

----------

Now for the complicated stuff -

What campaign guys? Are we now talking maybe two? One we would play every other Wednesday with Snoop, and another we would play on other days? Or are you ok Snoop if you jump in and out of a campaign?

Furthermore, are you bored and want to fly more than Wednesdays and Fridays Helo? Any night a possibility, especially if we keep it to 1 hour? Can you make it Napier? (thinking Monday/Wednesday/Friday or Wednesday/Friday - 1 hour sessions though Friday could be longer as originally mentioned)

Please clarify guys and provide some campaign choices.

Maybe we could play Normandy 1944 EVERY Wednesday with Snoop, but only a maximum of 1 hour, leaving the other hour or so open for training. Hey, we could even have some training based on the planes in the campaign to help us get better! Does this sound good Snoop, or would you prefer every other Wednesday?

I know Napier is looking forward to a Normandy campaign, plus maybe Kepp and those who enjoyed VWF would like to continue with this theatre (and Snoop loves his Mustang ;) ). Sound good?

Helo and Napier (and any others) what about outside of Wednesdays? A Russian campaign maybe? Which one though?

Tact - "confused" - S!
Last edited by :FI:TacticalS! on Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keppoch
Beginner

On-line Campaign....

Post by Keppoch » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:20 pm

Any time..... Anyday..... I will be there.... seems like something our squad should be doing.... .... much better than ad hoc ery.....LOL...

Keppoch[/img]
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:28 pm

This must have Kepp excited - I mean it brought the man here to post his 6th comment on these forums! :D

Great Kepp, any campaign suggestions mate?
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:17 pm

The settings sound fine Tact :) No icons would just give me an excuse to shoot you down *oops* :badgrin:

I would like to fly a sperate campaign every Wednesday if you can manage it other wise I´m ok with going in and out of one you fly several times a week. I want to know what is going on in the war you know :D

As for the actual time/local of the campaign. I´m fine with any plane set as long as mission distances are kept short :) It doesn´t have to be a mustang, I´m easy to please, if it has wings and a little spinning thing in front I´ll take it.

Well I can say I´m really looking forward to it m8, thanks for organizing this!

s!
Snoop
Post Maniac General

Official Announcement

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:35 pm

Great Snoop!

I am going to post an official announcement in the Squadron forum.
napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:21 am

id like no icons, or limited similar to warclouds where theres no distance, just type of plane maybe....externals is ok if one of us should go down, i think landing..yes! :lol:
:: napier ::

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:05 pm

Thanks for the feedback Napier. Perhaps if Helo is ok with it, we could consider having no icons for our Friday campaign, as I enjoy no icons as well.

FYI - As stated Wednesday's campaign will feature icon assistance - black icon, plane type and friendly name 2 kilometres out. This setting is similar to some of the popular servers (or was the last time I checked their settings).

And while I again prefer no icons in my campaigns, in the sake of fairness when flying human vs AI, the AI certainly knows who we are long before we could ever ID them. In a human vs human situation things are even. Having said this there are many other clues to alert one to the approach of the enemy - then it's just a matter of tracking them throughout the furball.

Are you and Helo still interested in a Friday campaign? If so my thoughts are on an Eastern theatre matchup with no icons. See you tonight and hopefully on Friday (same time).

TactS!
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Yes, definitely!

Post by :FI:Heloego » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:38 am

Friday sounds good.

No icons is fine. Just don't get mad if I shoot you instead of the superior enemy on your tail. ;)

FYI: Next week is planned some major stuff on the helicopter, so I will more than likely not be available for the Wednesday through Friday Sessions. :cry:

I'll have to satisfy myself that all the OT will go toward blow money while at Duxford. :D

Tonight's session was great, Tact! It's nice to have a change of venue now and again.
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Snaphoo
Forum Junky

No Icons????

Post by :FI:Snaphoo » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:45 am

Well, since I can't seem to stay awake long enough to get to a wednesday set, I probably shouldn't even be posting. But I reeeeeeaaaallly would like to do it. Just want to make it known that I'm interested, I guess.

Blasted graveyard shift...

:?
You've got red on you.
Give me the punch ladle, I'll fathom the bowl.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:47 pm

Great to hear you enjoyed the session; I certainly did too mate!

Sorry we'll miss you next week. :( Look forward to flying with you next week (but we have tomorrow evening to enjoy!).

----------

:FI:Snaphoo please join us for either Wednesday or Friday. Icons are available on Wednesday but no icons are planned for the other campaign on Friday.

Don't worry about there not being any icons, I am certain you will adjust very quickly.

TactS!