Normandy Online COOP Campaign

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Normandy Online COOP Campaign

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:32 am

For any mates interested in participating, Napier and I plan on playing an action-packed Normandy COOP Campaign (9 missions) tomorrow night! Come and take part in this exciting Allied offensive!

Tuesday, January 25 @ 10:00 p.m. Atlantic Time Zone
(9:00 p.m. Eastern / 8:00 p.m. Western / 7:00 p.m. Mountain / - 4 G.M.T.)

If we don't finish, which is likely, and provided there is still interest, we'll finish the campaign this Thursday, or, if necessary, by Friday evening. Session times will be the same as Tuesday.

Game settings will be determined by group. Full realism with Speedbar and Map. Icons optional.

TactS!
napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:58 am

WEE!!
:: napier ::

:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:23 am

Sounds like fun :D I wish I could make it! Could you email me the COOPs Tact! Thanks, and post some pics!

s!
Snoop
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:38 am

You should have them mate! If not download either the nine COOP missions or the Campaign here - http://personal.nbnet.nb.ca/ohearns/IL- ... 0Missions/ .

You may recall we played some of these missions in anticipation of participating in VWF
(psst . . . which we only flew one mission together :lol:).

I didn't want to include Wednesday in case you had something already planned. But if you would like to say play 1 or 2 in addition to our training I think that would be great too as Napier (and Keppoch assuming he's interested also) will probably be around.

TactS!
Last edited by :FI:TacticalS! on Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:41 am

sounds great!

I'll try to come

or at least listen in for a few minutes.

Good stuff Tac and Nappy!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:52 am

We would love to have all our North American mates (and any late night Euros too!) join us. There are 12 slots available. Would be great to fill as many with live :FI: bodies as possible.

My personal preferences would be no externals or icons (there I said it, now I'm a MAN!). HOWEVER, for the sake of fun and unity I think we should have externals on for those who eventually become spectators ;).

In addition, as some of these missions can have a fair number of planes I have created an "Irish" icon setting in my RCU file that will provide a black icon indicating plane type and friendly names at 2 kilometres. This is similar to what Snoop provides so folks should feel at home. Should those participating not want any icons that's cool too.

Love to see some of the newer Rogues join us if they can (and one old, grumpy bomber pilot in the Mountain Time Zone if he's not too busy :) ).

Tact - "party organizer" - S!
:FI:Snaphoo
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Snaphoo » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:17 am

I'd like to try to make it... Sounds like fun!

:D
You've got red on you.
Give me the punch ladle, I'll fathom the bowl.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:17 pm

As my friend Yoda once said to his student, "Don't try DO, or do not." ;)
:FI:Snaphoo
Forum Junky

Star Wars Geek Alert!

Post by :FI:Snaphoo » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:31 pm

Actually he said, "Do or do not, there is no try."

;)

But in all honesty, I would like to make it, I'm just unsure if I will be awake to do so.

You've got red on you.
Give me the punch ladle, I'll fathom the bowl.
:FI:Moog
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Moog » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:07 pm

That sounds mighty fine! But alas a 2am start on a 'school' night? No amount of caffeine could save me on Thursday morning :(

BUT

If you're still playing on Friday and Saturday I'll be there with bells on!

Alternatively, how would the rest of you Euros feel about getting a similar event together which was more conducive to our, um, more sophistacted timezones? :lol:

Has anyone used the online COOP generator from Battle Over Europe? It'd be fantastic if we could have a regular persistant coop from time to time with the results from one mission carrying through to the next.

Man, this 'Real Life'(TM) thing is really starting to get in the way of IL-2.
"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...
Post Maniac General

Re: Star Wars Geek Alert!

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:22 pm

:FI:Snaphoo wrote:Actually he said, "Do or do not, there is no try."

;)

But in all honesty, I would like to make it, I'm just unsure if I will be awake to do so.

Actually that George fellow made us change the original line. :? ;) Thanks for the correction my Jedi geek friend.

BTW Just a couple of months before we see Dark Vader emerge! It has the ingredients to be a nice, dark movie if Lucas doesn't mess it up. While I have enjoyed seeing my son watch the latest SW movies, the original triology is still my favourite.
napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:45 am

sorry tact! got held up tonight with work and then the pastry chefs bday party, who is mighty cute ;) so i sorta had to go for a few pints! I hope we can start the normandy campaign tommorow, i will be there!
:: napier ::

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:04 pm

So you stood us up for a cute girl? :shock: Sad, how very sad. ;)

That's alright Napier, I initially enjoyed playing a couple of missions in my offline Russian campaign, then later Helo and Kepp (my two faithful virtual friends :D ) join me for some COOP missions in Beowolff's Island Combat series. Great fun!

Yes, hoping maybe we can do some more COOP missions tonight. Subject to what Snoop has planned, I think the guys would like to do some more of these Island Combat missions plus a couple of the Normandy ones. Sound OK Snoop?
Post Maniac General

Earlier COOP Start Time

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:15 pm

Ok I'm too old and have no willpower (plus Genosse caught us up real late last night), so these 1:00-2:00 a.m. sessions can't continue mates. :shock:

I will try to be online sometime between 8:00-9:00 p.m. Atlantic Time Zone (7:00-8:00 p.m. Eastern / 6:00-7:00 p.m. Western / 5:00-6:00 p.m. Mountain / - 4 G.M.T.)

For those interested in the Normandy and Pacific COOPs please try and join us as soon as possible. Going to try to end the session no later than 11:00 p.m. my time. I promise! :D
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:13 pm

Just in case someone was thinking about joining us we finished this little campaign last night. :(

I want to thank all you guys that could participate this week - :FI:Napier, :FI:Keppoch, :FI:Snoop Baron, :FI:Alchemist (Pacific Island Combat mission), and of course our dear :FI:Heloego. :FI:Rules also attempted to participate last night but had a TrackIR problem. :( Next time mate! Personally I really enjoyed playing COOPs with you guys this week.

I hope to finish the week off by hosting some more COOPs tonight. My thoughts would be to play a couple more of the Island Combat ones, but first refly a couple of my older ones. Napier expressed some interest in that Winter War COOP where one can fly as an attached I-16 to a TB-3.

TactS!