Lowengrin

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Lowengrin

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:46 pm

Been thinking about switching to this third-party generator. My main interest is for better offline campaigns, but I also understand it can make better online campaign and COOP missions than DGEN/NGEN.

Anyone using it presently with PF and willing to make a comment about it?

TactS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:35 pm

OK thanks for the feedback you dirty Rogues! [-( :D

Anyway, I did install it over the weekend and started looking around. Of course there's already a new release to download tonight. :shock: However, looking forward to it as it will allow for promotions and awards for human players in COOP and DOGFIGHT modes. That will be neat!

The program now allows for a complete replacement of DGEN/NGEN, making it a lot easier for simple folks like me to use. Still reading and figuring out the options. I am impressed with the mission design, and the options you have to customize the experience.

There are a bunch of neat campaigns for use - such as the Western theatre, and of course more Eastern/Pacific ones not available with the stock campaign generator.

Regards,
TactS!
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Oops!

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:55 pm

Sorry, Tactical!

I read your thread and thought to myself that I´ve to give a reply to it ... but I simply forgot to do it ...

Jeez, who the flippy floppy is Jimmy Carson anyway? :oops:

Anyway, I installed the Lowengrin generator and after some troubles in the beginning I was able to run it (enabling the Lowengrin NGen.exe made it impossible to create COOP missions and vice versa).

Well, my first impression was that you can have many influences on the details of a mission if you like. I still have a hard time to figure out all the variables you can use but I think this software is very powerful when you like to generate some good COOP or Campaign mission on an evening with your chaps when you don´t know how to use your common time ...

But can this software create mission you really love to play? I´m thinking here of some of them that represent historical or just crazy ones (or both) like the "Doolittle Raid" some of you chaps flew serveral days ago ... what about buildings you can use for you missions like the hangars I used as submarines pins in the COOP mission I made?

After all it´s a good tool to create some decent missions just in case you don´t like to /can´t use the FMB ...

I´d rather prefer the FMB instead ...

S! ^:)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:02 pm

I agree with you Gen that any generator will fail to compare to a good homemade mission/campaign.

While I'm still trying to get a handle on all the options, think I'm making some progress. ;)

I have asked several questions to the creator so far. Would prefer shorter flight distances, especially for online play. Presently the lowest value is 50 kilometres (which isn't too bad but I'm too impatient I guess :D ). Would like 20-30 kilometres.

The ROF for ships seems too high and I can't find the option to reduce it.

However, I like the ability to customize the flight attitudes - hey I had Germans bouncing my Russian planes!

Regards,
TactS!