Ryder Cup - CoD stylee

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Thirdman

Ryder Cup - CoD stylee

Post by :FI:Thirdman » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:13 am

Yo chaps,

Here's an idea so wacky it just might work. Now, I don't know what the numbers are like or, given the time difference, if it's viable but it could be a giggle if we had a Europe versus America and Canada night or possibly nights. Obviously it's dependant on others thinking that it's a reasonably sound idea, but even if it started off with just 5 on 5 or so it could be a grower....

Anyhoo, all feedback greatly appreciated,

Thirdman
:FI:Dutchman
The Unforseeable

hmmmm

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:14 am

Divide the fighting Irish platoon ??

nah,

All for one and united we stand.

I am not in

Dutch

ImageImageImage
Better loose one minute in your life, than loose your life in one minute...
:FI:Moog
Forum Junky

Not divided!

Post by :FI:Moog » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:16 pm

Nah Dutch, we wouldn't be dividing the Platoon, just putting an angle on it, like a tool for training purposes...

Think of it as War Games!

Or we could try other 'Settle the Score' type games, like Men Against Women, Young Versus Old, Drunk Or Drunker :lol:

Sure every time we play DM or TDM, or any game type come to think of it, we're "fighting" amongst our own ranks, right? It's all fun and games until someone refuses to die ;)

We could try a "Irish Fightin' the Fightin' Irish", with myself, Paddy, Thirdman and the Eireneachs taking on the rest of the world! C'mon! We'll have yiz all!

These ideas are only possible because of the cameraderie that is so central to the :FI:
"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:11 pm

OK. How about EVERYONE against "fast fingers" Moog? :badgrin:

Personally I don't take any offence to suggesting a North American vs. colonies match-up. Unfortunately, though, my CoD gaming with you guys is limited and sporadic at best (but always very fun!). :(

Now where's my MP-40? ;)

TactS!
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:47 pm

great idea

but

one of the things we never did in the Squadron

is make any sort of semi-temporarily pseudo permanent division of members

that lasted longer than a map session.

One of the things that make us so strong and so large

might be the fact that we de-emphasize any sort of regional demarcation of members

except maybe those Texans ...

and those Scots, what's up with them ...

oh, and the Canadians, what a trip ...

and the ...

gah!

we're all flippin' Irish!

if you want a team thing

have the lads pick odd or even

or numbers or something

and randomly side off for a ... day?

Fal "Two Cents" con

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Thirdman

Post by :FI:Thirdman » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:57 pm

Well, I certainly wasn't trying to divide anyone, especially on terms of area. I could have as easily said those who have more than two vowels in their name against those who don't. ;) But I didn't because, I'm not that obtuse and it seemed the easiest way. Of course, at the end of the day we're all Brothers in Arms. Just an idea....
'You know what the fellow said: In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love--they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.'
CrimsonFox
Professional Boardie

Post by CrimsonFox » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:06 pm

I wouldn't mind, but what we should do is auto assign our side to divi up teams. in other words say there is 11 guys on. We all wait till eveyones map is loaded then we all at the same time pick auto assign. that way it's totally fair. I am getting a little tired of the death matches we are having all the time, and think teaming up and fighting for a purpose ie search and destroy.. or headquarters ect etc, is the way to go. Then the game dosn't become stale, but more exciting.

-Andrew
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:24 pm

Good suggestion Crimson! (as TacticalS! tries to suck up to the new moderator drunken with power) :D

Sadly I must confess my preference for Deathmatches as I have this bad habit of shooting at fellow teammates :shock: (and this time I actually don't mean too!).

So, please keep the laughter down to a dull roar and explain to me again how I can quickly tell the difference.

Here's my understanding - Yes, if I was younger with faster reflexes I could tell by the uniform. However, you Rogues keep jumping out at me, and I only have a split second to pull the trigger or hug the ground (or do both :( ).

So, though I may see other gamers' names from both sides, my teammates will ALWAYS have a rank above their heads, right?

The only thing to watch for is that someone typing will have an icon over their head, and I think an injured friendly will have a cross over their head?

Tact - "wishing I knew more about CoD" -S!
Last edited by :FI:TacticalS! on Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L.F
Forum Junky

Post by L.F » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:31 pm

:FI:TacticalS! wrote:Good suggestion Crimson! (as TacticalS! tries to suck up to the new moderator drunken with power) :D

Sadly I must confess my preference for Deathmatches as I have this bad habit of shooting at fellow teammates :shock: (and this time I actually don't me too!).

So, please keep the laughter down to a dull roar and explain to me again how I can quickly tell the difference.

Here's my understanding - Yes, if I was younger with faster reflexes I could tell by the uniform. However, you Rogues keep jumping out at me, and I only have a split second to pull the trigger or hug the ground (or do both :( ).

So, though I may see other gamers' names from both sides, my teammates will ALWAYS have a rank above their heads, right?

The only thing to watch for is that someone typing will have an icon over their head, and I think an injured friendly will have a cross over their head?

Tact - "wishing I knew more about CoD" -S!

uniform colour/shape

espesially helmets

And those round matallic Gas-mask containers, that te gemans have on their belt.
Og det er det stora,
og det er det glupa,
at Merket det stend,
um Mannen han stupa.
:FI:Spitsfire
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Spitsfire » Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:08 pm

and your team don't shoot back ;)
Winner of the FIS pink n'shiney,
"Gee winkies! I've been here over a year
and am still completely normal,
pookey-pookey-pookey." Award!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:12 pm

:FI:Spitsfire wrote:and your team don't shoot back ;)
Apparently you haven't seen MY team. :lol:

Ok, ok, it was just me. But when someone jumps out in front of me all sudden like, by the time I clue into the uniform I'm already reloading my magazine for a second round.
:FI:Spitsfire
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Spitsfire » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:41 pm

:lol:
Winner of the FIS pink n'shiney,
"Gee winkies! I've been here over a year
and am still completely normal,
pookey-pookey-pookey." Award!
:FI:Dutchman
The Unforseeable

okee

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:12 pm

maybe it was to early on my work tha t read the toppic
i took it to - idon't know - hoe itook it but my first reaction was
the one i wrote

well no hard feelings and i know that 3rdman not have that intention off course, but that came in my mind and thats how i think sometimes

well my shortcommings .

well i thought underneath there can grow some separate feeling
and the uniqueness off our bunch of guys is the all for one and united we stand as i said. but sometimes i am to hard thingy's i have too ease

Gooooooosssssffraaaaabbbaaaaahhhhh

well you see even dutch can have it wrong sometimes gah

Dutch..,

ImageImageImage
Better loose one minute in your life, than loose your life in one minute...
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:35 pm

Dutch!

You are too nice for your own good!

Go out and ...

... kick a squirrel or something!

and Thirdlad!

keep coming up with ideas!

As you may have seen in the short time you have been here,

some of the older blokes have stopped thinking all together!

Well, if I had a penny for every ...

what was the subject again?

Fal something

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:44 pm

Don't do it Dutch! Leave them there squirrels alone and just shoot Falcon instead! :shock: