Tuesdays Mean Thompsons Versus Teutons

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Moog
Forum Junky

Tuesdays Mean Thompsons Versus Teutons

Post by :FI:Moog » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:10 pm

Tied for first place with a whopping 37% of the vote (and boosted to the top spot with my change-of-mind), Tuesday should hopefully turn into Team Tactics Night, especially with our new-fangled ability to switch TeamSpeak channels IN-GAME!! (If you don't already know how to do this then send a private message to myself or Dutchman)

Dutchman now has the server up and running pretty much 24/7, but let's aim to be on for a good amount of the time somewhere in between 19:00 and 00:00 GMT tonight (Tuesday) for serious fighting and fun.

Play It Cool

-Moog
"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Rgrt!

Post by :FI:Genosse » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:35 pm

I´ll cover yer back, boys ... but in the time from 1900 to 2200 GMT only ... if my missus´s here then until 2100 GMT ... ARGH!

Nonetheless ...

... watch out for trip-wires, boyos! :p ^:)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:32 pm

Well, well, well a little thread for you (mostly anyway) European boys about your "Euro" squad fun. How many times have one of you guys sabotaged one of my pathetic North American only threads? :-k

No, I'm not going to stoop that low guys. Have fun tonight with your little CoD nonsense. Don't even like the game. Really, I don't [-( :(

----------------------

And when did Genosse become a Post Maniac 1st Grade?
Note to Self - I need to post more! ;)
Deathsledge
The Unforseeable

Post by Deathsledge » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:56 pm

"And when did Genosse become a Post Maniac 1st Grade? "

dude if you keep up with post ranks you should really get out of the house more man :arrow:
There are two things that are infinite in life, human stupidity and the universe, and I'm not too sure about the universe. Albert Einstein
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:28 pm

<struts around showing his ... oh-my-Dog-I-wish-I-had-a-life-two-flippin'-thousand-some-odd-post ... rating>

](*,)

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:48 pm

:FI:Deathsledge wrote:"And when did Genosse become a Post Maniac 1st Grade? "

dude if you keep up with post ranks you should really get out of the house more man :arrow:
Pretty sad, eh mate. :( :lol:
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:49 pm

:FI:Falcon wrote:<struts around showing his ... oh-my-Dog-I-wish-I-had-a-life-two-flippin'-thousand-some-odd-post ... rating>

](*,)
You heard the man - get a life loser! :shock: ;)
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:58 pm

:FI:Falcon wrote:<struts around showing his ... oh-my-Dog-I-wish-I-had-a-life-two-flippin'-thousand-some-odd-post ... rating>

](*,)
Ohh! Look, look! He´s already Post Maniac General!!!!!

:shock: :p
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:01 pm

Guess we know who are the "old ladies" in the squad. :D
:FI:Dutchman
The Unforseeable

Post moderator

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:17 pm

About the post stats where are mine ???

I became a post moderator some time ago what in the name is that ??

ehh i go outa house now.....

oohh ehh Guys our new practice target is called: Tact....ish

Dutch

ImageImageImage
Better loose one minute in your life, than loose your life in one minute...
:FI:Moog
Forum Junky

"the pathword ith... nipple!"

Post by :FI:Moog » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:07 pm

Over the last week or so there has been a noticeable increase in the number of FI (and others) connecting and there's definitely a sense of gathering momentum. Most of the nights have been impromptu games/drinking sessions and have been great fun!

So here's where it might get a bit controversial...

...by this stage most of the Toons are up to quite a high skill level as individuals, but there still isn't really a sense of teamwork or coordination apart from the couple of TDMs we've tried with each team on it's own TS channel. I think 3v3 is the most we've managed to date.

Dutchman is great for leaving the server running most if not all nights of the week, even if he's not there himself, so there's always the chance for people to connect just for fun. But what would you guys think about making Tuesday nights, or even just a portion of them, a bit more structured? By this I mean something along the lines of putting a password on the server so that we can control who joins, FI or otherwise (just for that period though! everyone's welcome the rest of the time :) )... also I have in mind something like each Toonie posting their potential availability in advance so one or two of us could organise a roster of teams for that night, and plan TeamSpeak operations and Map/Game types?

It'd be messy for the first few days but hopefully after a while, each member could check the sessions forum here and know that such-and-such a TeamDeathmatch will begin at 21:30GMT, and that they are assigned to the Allied team and the Alpha channel on TeamSpeak.

Anyways I'm just rattling off a few ideas that you guys can bounce back. Are these foggy notions too regimental? Do they undermine the FI's raison d'etre?? I have always enjoyed the organised chaos of Dutchman's server and hopefully will continue to do so for many beers to come :lol:

Play It Cool

-Moog
"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...
Paddy
Baby Boardie

Post by Paddy » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:07 pm

In for a penny, in for a pound ;)
Go neiri on bothair leat!
May the road rise up to meet you!