UnKle FEENyan!!

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

UnKle FEENyan!!

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:27 pm

I got my probs sorted.. ( by accident) Create a NEW user, separate from the MAD JOHN DOE. Copy your old user settings file to that folder. I copied and pasted the text rather than the whole file.

Start the game and go into your controls and unbind the problem children and bind them to something else for the time being. Start a QMB and test it. It'll be screwed up, go back to your controls and re-bind them to your original settings that you liked. Close the game and then re-start it. HOPEFULLY things will be back to normal.

At least that is the dance I had to do to get my rudder working as advertised and my prop control back to where it would work.

MAYBE it was the sight of this Single Action Colt 45 laying beside the keyboard. ;)
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

Buster82
Professional Boardie

Post by Buster82 » Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:10 pm

WOW you've got a Colt 45? :shock:
"Play your guitar on the MTV. That ain't working, that's the way you do it. Get your money for nothing and your chicks for free"
Mark Knopfler
Now that guy knows how to live a good life 8)
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:42 am

AYE!!

I've had several single actions over the years in some oddball calibers too.

Had 38-40 and 41 LONG Colt. Ammo for that 41 is as scarce as chicken lips these days and as expensive as gold. So, I found a 38-40 cylinder and used it to shoot that gun with 38-40 ammo!! The bore diameters are nearly identical!!

Alas, as with most of my guns, some fool thought they were worth more than I did and I sold them. I Kept the 45 though.

They're neat old guns, but I can hit a lot better with my P-35 Browning. and it totes a LOT more ammo. ;) :lol:

However, in the still of the night in a dark room, there is NO mistaking the sound of one of those Colts when you pull that hammer back and listen to it click 4 times if you "ear" it back kind of slow.................................................... Gets their attention REAL FAST!

Baderslegs
Postmaster

Post by Baderslegs » Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:19 pm

I'm bettin you dont get robbed very often Willie.

Salute.
Originality and strangeness are good,
blind conformity and stupidity are unforgivable.

He who asks is a fool for five minutes but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

:FI:Baderslegs
:FI:Fenian
Just pink and fluffy

Naw...

Post by :FI:Fenian » Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:13 pm

It's my stick... not the game :(

When trying to calibrate it outside the game the 'bomb buttons' just don't register.....

:(
_________

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:40 pm

Bummer......

Mine weren't registering inside the game. Wanna borrow my six shooter and threaten it? :lol:

ANd Baders, I've never been robbed. :shock: :D But I heard from the source and I quote, "looking down the barrel of that 45 was looking into 55 gallon drum! My life passed before my eyes!" I haven't heard any more words of wisdom from that gent and hope I never do. Idid find out that the lil ejector thingy under the barrel can be bent on a man's head though. :? It did leave a corresponding leak at the point of impact with a rather large knot under it. :lol: Next time I'll turn the gun just a tad. ;)

:FI:Igor
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Igor » Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:40 am

Willie,
Can't find 41 Colt Long ammo. You can get all the fixin's from Buffalo Arms (208-263-6953). You think that rounds hard to find, try 8mm Roth Steyr; I have to make it myself.

Igor da Well Armed Pacifist
:FI:Igor
G0liath
Beginner

Post by G0liath » Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:45 am

Damn, thats too bad, .41 hits damn good too. .45 is a very good knock-down round though. You get one of the 9mms though with a high capacity magazine, it can be argued to be the better choice.

I was robbed once a number of years back. My roomies were on vacation so it was just me and some convict decided to come all the way up our very long driveway and releave me of my binder of compact disks. Hundreds of dollars worth I assure you. I would suspect that few people would ever really enjoy my selection of music but he thought he'd give it a try. The dogs woke me so I got up to let them out when I saw the other car. Took me a few seconds to realize that it was nobody I knew. Trust me on this: A pack of dogs and ME running at you in the middle would scare anyone. He got in his car right quick and drve off in a hurry. I went back to the house for some skivies and a set of keys and headed out to deliver some justice to my fellow man. But alas, his trail was cold and the bandit is still listening to soundracks to things like "The Man of La Mancha" to this day.
<center>GØliå†h™</center>
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:06 pm

The old 41 LONG COLT wasn't much of a cartridge. The new 41's are a handful.

The old 41's used a "heeled" bullet that was seated in the case much like a 22 rimfire is today. :roll: Not one of Colt's better ideas. It died a natural death.

The 38-40 on the other hand was a really good load. As was its' bigger brother the 44-40. WInchester chambered several different lever guns in those calibers so you could shoot the same stuff in either gun. Funny thing about the 38-40 is that the actual bore diameter is .405 if I recall correctly. WHY, they referred to it as a 38 is beyond my poor scope of comprehension.

Something that is REALLY fun, is to re-load the 45 Colt with the CORRECT amount of black powder and then you can see why that round lasted so long. It is a HANDFUL! The new smokeless ammo is loaded down these days to preclude the pressure that will make the older (pre 1898 SAA's that were designed for black powder only) from flapping open like a $2 suitcase when you torch it off. There is NO comparison

"Man of La Mancha" ?????????????????..................... :roll:

Just pink and fluffy

I love...

Post by :FI:Fenian » Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:39 pm

...the way these posts go off on a tangent :)
_________

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:54 pm

I don't really understand why we tend to divert from the stated topic but like Batson and Shaw, I find myself intrigued by the question of why we do. And, like these authors, I am especially interested in the question as it applies to an effect that is undeniable yet altogether remarkable to me. It is that, as a species, we have evolved both biologically and socioculturally so that, when we pay attention to another's topic, we respond in a way that frequently leads to that new topic. It strikes me that the most important question in the scientific study of focus action today is "What is the nature of that subject'?"

Falcon
Last edited by :FI:Falcon on Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
G0liath
Beginner

Post by G0liath » Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:49 pm

:-s :-k lol i have to wait till next post to add smiley
G0liath
Beginner

Post by G0liath » Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:51 pm

Oh dear god it seems the clappin smiley aint workin, wasnt a post limit issue maybe. All that I can say is that someone should close this topic before Falcon says something else.
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:37 pm

:FI:Falcon wrote:I don't really understand why we tend to divert from the stated topic but like Batson and Shaw, I find myself intrigued by the question of why we do. And, like these authors, I am especially interested in the question as it applies to an effect that is undeniable yet altogether remarkable to me. It is that, as a species, we have evolved both biologically and socioculturally so that, when we pay attention to another's topic, we respond in a way that frequently leads to that new topic. It strikes me that the most important question in the scientific study of focus action today is "What is the nature of that subject'?"

Falcon
WTH?
I fear no beer

:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:56 am

Falcon is all that rambling something to do with picking your nose and scratching your arse at the same time. :)

Vin the point missed

P.S 109,109,109,109,109 :lol:
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss