The ongoing JG42 war

Dates, News and Comments

Should we skip the Moscow and move over to the Bessarabia campaign as soon as possible?

Yeah, let's move immeadiately!
25%
Yeah, ... but give Moscow further two weeks before moving over!
6%
Naw, me loves Moscow! Let's fight there to the bitter end!
44%
Where da beer ... again?
25%

Total votes: 16
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Re: January 20th, 2013

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:56 pm

Thanks for that Neil. I see there is one planned for next Sunday, reckon I'll be there for that.

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
:FI:Blue2
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:30 am

Yeah, as Neil said it was quite a good time. The others participating seemed to be a really good bunch. Not overly impatient, or overly serious, etc. Also, most of them flew fighter bombers (109E7B) or bombers in that first mission, which I certainly wasn't expecting. I think most all were in E7Bs on the 2nd mission too. (F2's and F4's were also available for them.) They're definitely focused on the ground war & winning objectives... not just a bunch of Hartmann & Rall wannabes.

Also, there were a BUNCH of aircraft choices for both sides on each mission - at least 20 flyable planes per side. I recall that the first mission offered Mig-3U, Yak-1, Yak-7b, P-40C and P-39 for fighters, and at least 2 IL-2 versions, plus 1 or 2 bombers (IL-4 and Pe-2 maybe?). German side had a similar mix. Next mission's plane mix was similar. I really like variety like that. I think everyone in the "normal" Sunday crowd would have enjoyed it. Really hope a bunch more will decide to give it a go this week. For those who do, I'd suggest:

1) Fly some of these Russian (and lend/lease U.S.) planes offline as Neil hinted, & re-learn all the gauges, since we'll have no speedbar on Sunday.
2) Spend time flying offline on this map - they said it's the Moscow winter map. VERY hard to navigate winter maps & this one's no exception - we struggled with navigation the whole time. Sure you can follow the AI or others, but you'll eventually be on your own. 30 minutes on this map will pay dividends later!

One final bit of good news though... once landed or crashed, friendly externals are "on," so your mates can help guide you home if need be. That's right - there's even hope if you ignore the advice. Yeah, I'm lookin' at you, Pike & Biggles!! :lol:

^:)
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:53 am

For Nephris:
I meant to say this in my earlier post: a big THANK YOU for inviting us to join you & your guys in this campaign! As you probably picked up on, we really enjoyed ourselves. I think I speak for all the FI who were there in saying we hope to be part of a lot more sessions in the weeks ahead.
Please pass along our appreciation to the rest of your squad. You were excellent hosts, and we're well aware that a lot of work goes into these DCG campaigns, so we thank all those responsible for that as well.
Regarding my earlier comment about "Hartman & Rall wannabes," we're accustomed to seeing many pilots in past campaigns like this who will fly nothing every mission except the best fighter available, basically ignoring the goals & intent of the campaign in favor of their own goals - racking up kills & high scores. While just about all virtual pilots enjoy victories & dogfighting, it's refreshing to be part of a campaign where the participants are actually flying a variety of fighters, bombers and everything in between, with more focus on campaign goals than individual scores. That's all I meant - not implying anything negative about those two legendary aces, who we all admire. :)

"See" you again Sunday, I hope. Cheers! ^:)

Blue2
:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:17 pm

I'll be there this wee. Whats time is t/o ? We meeting on FI TS server first?
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Post by Nephris » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:42 pm

:FI:Blue2 wrote:I meant to say this in my earlier post: a big THANK YOU for inviting us to join you & your guys in this campaign!......
Thnx for your kind words. You are always welcome to join the session on sunday evening, this said you are of course planned in for next sessions! The most interesting in DCG campaigns is the fact you can determine the front line yourself and thus if you win or not. Our interest is to fly with regular pilots who are then of course interested in the outcoming of the campaign, doesnt matter if red or blue.

Ashame it is not possible to generate a german & english briefing at the same time, as soon as Genosse isnt flying pls gimme a call and I will try to give it a quick translation in TS.

I dont know how many of you know about DCG and how it values ground vehicles and stuff.
A few yrs ago i created a wiki for DCG, also in english. Atm I host it on my weak homeserver, means it takes a long time to load, but provides all basic information for DCG.

If you are interestred in some Intel, you are free to download the flown mission as .mis file via the stats page.
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:30 am

Armitage (el al), start time on Sunday for this campaign is 1/2 hour earlier than our normal Sunday start time, or...
2000 local in Germany
1900 at your place
1300 at mine (U.S. Central Time)

Nephris, we will come find you on TS if we need to when Frank's not around - thanks again!
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Post by Nephris » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:11 pm

FYI

Situation:
Die deutschen Streitkraefte konzentrieren sich um Vyazma_Depot (K-9). Die russischen Streitkraefte konzentrieren sich um Lesnoy_Gorodok_Depot (S-11). Die deutschen Truppen haben Partizan_Bruecke eingenommen (I-12). Die deutschen Truppen haben Pogoreloe-Gorodische eingenommen (H-16). Intensive Kaempfe bei Uvarovka_Sukov (K-9). Intensive Kaempfe bei Iznoski_Flugfeld (J-5). Schwere Kaempfe bei Klimov_Zavod (H-3).
translation
German Forces concentrate around Vyazma_Depot (A-7).
Russian Forces concentrate around Lesnoy_Gorodok_Depot (S-11)
German forces conquered Partizan Bridge (I-12)
German forces conquered Pogoreloe Gorodische (H-16)
Intensive fights at Uvarovka_Sukov (K-9)
Intensive fights at Iznoski_Airfield (J-5)
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Post by Nephris » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:10 am

Thx again for your stay!
I hope you enjoyed the evening.

The present map is updated. Red lost a few territories and blue was able pushing forward.
However, at the interesting front part in the south near Klimov red is still in forehand.

The stats got updated. The total stat needs to be done manual, if u noticed errors pls tell us.
I am useless in web scripting like php etc, so it has to be done by hand....like 20 yrs ago.

Hope we catch ya next sunday again!

Situation:
German forces fall back from Klimov (H3)
Russian forces retreat from Uvarovka Sukov (K9)
Russian forces take Uvarovka Bridge (K12)
Intensive fights at Uvarovka Sukov (K9)
Hard fights at Klimov Zavod (H-3)
Har fights at Pogoreloe-Gorodische (H-16).
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:35 am

~S
Not sure if it was something my end , but buildings in the factory area kept appearing and disappearing when in external view.

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Post by Nephris » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:43 am

Hi folks,
due editing time for a DCG campaign and much more for its testing time, I started preparing a sequel for our sunday evenings.
Atm I got 2 campaigns more or less ready for beta testing, nevertheless I dont want to dictate the next front.
So I am interested in your favourite fronts,times and maps.

I dont use the stock DCG campaigns as these were created for pc systems 7-10 yrs ago, which doesnt say anything about the quality but counts of routes,connected airfields,flying squads and moving troops.

So far I can offer
- Kuban (April 43,Blue has to support their troops over the Sea from the Crimea, pushing east. Red has to take Anapa and destroy blue supporting ship line.Dont know the exact planeset atm,sth like L5f,Jak1b,Jak9,P40EM,P39,Il2,Pe2,Il4,Bf110,HS129,Bf109G2/F4,Fw190A5/A6.Landscape in the inner Kuban is flat steppe-like.Navigation Beacons enabled.Summer map. )
- Balaton (Nov. 44,P47,P51,P38,La5fn,Yak2,B17,B25,Il2,Bf109G6late,Bf109G10,Fw190-A9,Fw190-F8,Me210,Bf110G2,Ju88.Nice landscape.Navigation Beacon enabled.Winter map.Higher distances, compared to AC´s travel speed maybe relative again)

Alternatives would maybe also a north african theatre in 42 ,although the few airfields are far off the front and we would need to accept long flight distances on these maps,ship routes would be useable.
I am not sure of the early west front maps, but in generell these should work also.

Not each map is suitable for DCG campaigns, as u need an etablished and working road system, (e.g.Canons Channel map is useless for DCG),the more airfields the better,however most maps fulfill that point.

I would appreciate some thoughts, just to be on the correct side when starting the next campaign, although i expect the present one still to run a few weeks.
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:21 pm

Hello, Nephris! :)

I'd rather stick with Balaton '44 ... it's a nice map and the planeset seems to be a decent one. =D]

Alternatively, I'd like to do the Operation Bodenplatte scenario, too ...

Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:27 pm

I'd vote for Kuban if it means shorter flights, plus easier navigation :lol:
Olegs stalker

Nephris
Professional Boardie

JG42 DCG Coop Campaign @ 02.02.2013

Post by Nephris » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:18 pm

:| Just as a simple reminder: tomorrow evening at MET 20h we meet again to spread some glowing ferrum into the air around Moscow.
I hope we can count on the Fighting Irish again in similar numbers as last time.

Just in case you want to gather some intel for your next take off , the misson form last sunday is downloadable via the detailed debriefing.

:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:57 am

Gents sorry for my absence last week. All of my family except me were sick so I was on nurse duty.

Anyway what time is to today ?
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:14 pm

:FI:Armitage wrote:Gents sorry for my absence last week. All of my family except me were sick so I was on nurse duty.

Anyway what time is to today ?
It'll be 1900 your time, Eamonn. Try to join nephris.ath.cx:21000 .

Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image