New Campaign - The Goths Ride East

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:33 pm

:FI:Falcon wrote:
:FI:Nellip wrote:... The other thing we could have is 2 comms moderators - one for each flight (Leader?) - who mute people for the mission if they break comms discipline once the mission has started. ...
I agree with both posts. Com mute seems a wee bit harsh though. Flight leader should only need say, "observe radio procedures" or "QUIET!" to get the discipline needed on the radio.

Falcon
OK Falcon, that looks a sensible approach.

As you and I are the senior "alive" pilots for fighter and bomber respectively then can we ask everyone else for a vote (poll) on if they are happy to adopt these procedures for next Sunday?

Nellip
Olegs stalker

Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:35 pm

:FI:Mikester wrote:I got a dedicated server running in HL at the moment, I'ts still in development but I could put the coop on and give it a try. not sure what the connection will be like when we all join, would just have to give it a go, it's sitting on a 10mb connection but the dedicated server is on a Laptop, not sure how much pressure this would put on the little thing.

Anyhoo, The offer is here if a host if the prob. maybe we could give it a trial run on wednesday?
Thanks for the offer of hosting Mikester.

If you can PM an e-mail address I will mail you back with the missions for next Sunday.

Cheers

Nellip
Olegs stalker

:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:41 pm

Must admit, when doing co-ops in the past, I have temporarily muted players who had either wandered off and left the radio or dog playing or who were eating or were just talking and talking and not allowing others to speak.

Mmm ~ i wonder if they realised??

I used to move them to another channel, but they kinda noticed. Mute them, and they atre not sure if their comms have gone wobbly.

There is already half a dozen of you who can take action if you want to. As a hint, it is right click on the person then select mute ;)

G
I fear no beer

:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:04 pm

Done all the above, G. The way I see it, its down to themselves to understand that others want to enjoy the game in a different way, prefering some kind of atmosphere. Mind you, the main culprit does not use the forum much, so it may be a mute point(pun intended).

Maybe have a grannies channel on TS, were they can chatter to their hearts content 8).

Vin mostly in jest.
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:56 pm

Something I am now doing is breaking the participants up into smaller flights/groups. There are several benefits including folks of similar immersion interest to fly together in their own TS channel. Maybe this offending individual could be put in his own flight with other folks interested in talking.

TS!
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:58 pm

Agreed, I've had to "mute" various incarnations of the Dark Lord Vader, Nothing personal, it just blocks all other comms if I dont.
:FI:Falcon wrote:
Now, that's as far as I think we should go at first on the realism thing.

Some mates might actually burst if they go any farther.
:FI:TacticalS! wrote:I think YOU guys are getting way too organized and serious. You chaps need to keep it loose man.
Cockpit Check

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:11 pm

I vote for Falcons idea.

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
:FI:Rabitski
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Rabitski » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:28 pm

Since I got the new computer and re-installed I-L2 of have put the offending guy on mute every week. But I still get the third party bullshit, So this sunday I took 3 advil before the session, but when the time came I just hadn't the hart to take part so I quite.
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:02 pm

At some time we have all rambled on comms. I would hope that a general shout of 'shut up' at anyone causing too much grief wouldn't cause upset. muting seems a wee bit harsh.

Hey, I got promoted!!!, does this mean I hit something other than my own foot for a change ?.
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:11 pm

:FI:Nellip wrote:... As you and I are the senior "alive" pilots for fighter and bomber respectively then ...

does that make Murph the senior "alive" penguin???

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:17 pm

:FI:Rabitski wrote:... this sunday I took 3 advil before the session, but when the time came I just hadn't the hart to take part so I quite.
Next time take three Prozac instead.

:D

I was sorry to see you go Greg. I hope this procedure helps you. If not, let someone know.

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:06 pm

so it may be a mute point(pun intended).
That's moot point m8. :D

I hardly use TS 'cause of my background noises here. Putting someone on mute is kind of rude and I agree with the FalconMan that telling folks live to adopt radio discipline is a good thing. Clipping (cutting someone's transmission) is a no no though. I do enjoy hearing conversations that can get downright funny and hearing good m8s from Scotland always reminds me of Star Trek's Scotty. :lol:

Altar-Beam me up, Scotty-Boy.
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
:FI:Rabitski
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Rabitski » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:59 am

Don't mind me I just a crankey old fart these day's, yes perhaps useing the mute button is a bit rude but it's a damn site better then telling the person to shut the **** up. If you look @ the post's starting @ the sunday session's and going on into the pearl to japan it comes up again and again. Each of us fly this game for different reason and get different thing's out of it. some like it because it like a socal club others like the team aspect of it all. Me I like the mission's I try to do the missions and fly them as real as I can. So for a bit of piece of mind I mute one guy and the traffic on comm's drops 90% and I can focous on what it is I'm ment to be doing. But I'll un-mute the dude the next time I'm flying to give the guy a chance.
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:30 pm

OK, I think we a ground swell of opinion here amongst some of us "old timers"?

First we have one member who consistently turns up late and unprepared for Sunday coops and is something of an irritant on comms. The comms part I can live with before the mission starts but not when it has loaded. If we think it necessary I will speak to him?

As Vin is hosting and I seem to be doing all of the mission building at the moment I think that gives us the right to lay down some ground rules. If people don't like them they don't have to fly these sessions but if I am going to the trouble of spending several hours a week researching, writing and testing them I want an environment that ALL can enjoy as much as possible.

So these are "The Rules"

1. The sessions start at 7.30pm UK time. Host determines start time but all people must be in HL and ready to fly. No " back door" late entries via the HL chat line.
2. One restart only for each mission.
3. The chatter on Comms stops once the mission has loaded. The host or mission writer will give one warning on this and then the offender gets muted for the duration of the mission.
4. Senior "alive" pilot for bomber and fighter takes the number one slot in each flight and decides on fuel load, ordnance, vectors and altitudes. These to be communicated via the chat line for any members not on comms.
5. Pair up with a wingman and fly as pairs when in the mission.
6. Press the fly button as soon as soon as you are ready to go.
7. Once the host starts the mission the flight leaders are responsible for comms discipline as per Falcons earlier post.
8. Downed or dead pilots who want to converse please switch to a different TS channel.
9. Chat to pilots still flying is OK if external views are enabled but please respect that pilot concerned may not welcome the distraction
10. Have fun!

Is it possible to sticky this plus Falcons radio procedures in a different thread?
Olegs stalker

:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:06 pm

:FI:Rabitski wrote:Don't mind me I just a crankey old fart these day's,
Ohh I dunno...

Cranky and old maybe, but a fart?

:D

G
I fear no beer