I´m going to Afghanistan..

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Huh?

Post by :FI:Heloego » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:21 am

I wouldn´t mind that nurse´s uniform though... Wink

I suppose if you offer her enough she'd be glad to sell it to you. :)

Although you'll need to shave your legs before trying on the hose. Nothing more disgusting than hair sticking out. [-X

:p
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:59 pm

Good luck Sapper, it's very brave of you to volunteer as a peace keeper. I hope you and everyone there can help keep Afghanistan from slipping further into chaos. Becareful and good luck with the nurse :D

^:|

s!
Snoop
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:22 pm

Hello there!

I havent been around much lately... I´ve been pretty busy with this AOO-training... Pretty interesting stuff... But the more i learn about that country and conditions over there, the more i start to worry :-k

But i guess it´s a good sign to be worried... If i wouldn´t worry at all, that would really start to worry me ;)

Oh, and i do have an internet connection over there, so i can keep you guys posted...
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
Skipper
Forum Junky

Post by Skipper » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:29 pm

:FI:Sapper-FIN wrote:Oh, and i do have an internet connection over there, so i can keep you guys posted...
That's good to hear!I'm looking forwrad to all the great stories of adventure you'll have to tell us while I'm sat here bored in England :)

Skipper
"Nothing in Life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
Winston Churchill

:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:16 pm

Hi there, Sapper, I just learned about your Mission.

It is good to hear that there are people in the World who do what they believe in.Best of luck,m8.

Take very care and do not let any of evil bastards, and im sure there are some of them out there, do you any harm.

Head down, gun loaded, cold blood.

Glad to hear you are going to have internet connection there, so you'll keep us posted;)

give me the addres of the dentist's assistant, I was tyhinking of going to Finland for the time of your mission :)

take care, mate!

M

P.S regarding the FII Search and Rescue Team - of course we wil send it to the rescue in case we do not haev any news from ya for too long. But sending the Team over to Afghanistan would mean getting the whole Afghan nation drunk with guinness to get the information concerning your whereabouts....

you would fidd us by the smell of Guinness...

S!
Last edited by :FI:Macca on Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:59 am

You guys get drunk on Guinness? Sheesh you need real rum my boy! :D

Anyway Godspeed to ya m8. Come back in one piece. I for one have had my share of conflicts. The last one was back in 1990 when a bunch of Muslimeen insurrectionists tried to overthrow the government. We were at our airport guarding it with the Defence Force when a hail of AK-47 rounds went screeching over my head. But at least I got to heft a Belgian SLR. 8)
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:34 am

AltarBoy wrote:You guys get drunk on Guinness? Sheesh you need real rum my boy! :D
I'm sure that 30 pints would get ya drunk,m8;D
ImageImageImage
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:14 am

30 pints of white rum and I'd need a stomach pump.

30 pints of Guiness and I can pump it myself.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

:O~
Finbar1
Postmaster

Post by Finbar1 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:26 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/5233768.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Its a freakin dangerous place..stay away from the Brits, and keep low.
Still owe you for BF2 help so your gonna have to come back to collect.
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:10 pm

Has he gone yet?

Is it safe to start talking about him now???

G
I fear no beer

Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:42 am

give me the addres of the dentist's assistant, I was tyhinking of going ro finland for the time of your mission
Hey! Shame on you Macca! :x :lol:
But sending the Team over to Afghanistan would mean getting the whole Afghan nation drunk with guinness to get the information concerning your whereabouts....
:lol:
stay away from the Brits
I will... and American too (no offence, UK and U.S fellas) ;)

I heard that if coalition forces have had an operation in some area, we try to avoid going there, untill people are not pissed off anymore.. Since we are not combatants in a "war against terrorism", there´s no need to take that kind of risk.. Locals seem to think that all westeners are Americans, so that Finnish flag on my shoulder isn´t much of a life insurance...

But like i´ve said, most of the fighting goes on in southern and eastern part of the country... I´m going north...

A guy i know, who is also in A-land, tried to teach a local village chief, where Finland is.. He shoved him a map, and said; here is Afghanistan, and here is Finland, in northern europe... The village chief was quiet for a moment, and then asked "So.. which part of America, Finland actually is?"

Right... :?

Still a couple of weeks to go.. They gave us our desert gear yesterday and i experienced something i´ve never experienced in the army before... All my clothes were right size, and everything that was supposed to be in that big bag, was actually there!... (those bags were made ready, we just picked them up) ;)
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:56 am

Hey, Sapp, I promise i will not go to Finland until you're back;)

So i will keep my hands away trom the assistant :)

Just becareful in the A-place so that we do not have to get out of our cozy houses and house-shoes and rescue you and so that you can visit the dentist some more times ;)

And I thought that only in Polish army soldiers get wrong-sized clothes unless they go to ithe war on the US side.
ImageImageImage
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:39 pm

I don't go to Finland 'cause there ain't no rum there and sheep to keep you warm at nights. :lol:
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
:FI:RULES
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:RULES » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:53 pm

:lol: well Altarboy, the Kosken and the women sure can keep you warm throu the long winter.....And the sauna´s ;)
"Ammunition clearance is a science with uncertain assumptions, based on disputed calculations. Derived from none convincing experiments carried out by persons with doubtful reliability and questioned mental capacities using instrument of doubtful precision".
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:38 am

Sapper,

One of my young friends just got back from that place. He is/was with the USMC as a heavy equipment mechanic.

IED's are a MAJOR issue over there, as are "suicide bombers". He had close encounters with that stuff several times a week for the year that he was there.

He told a story of two suicide bombers that attacked an armored "hummer"he was operating. They self destructed on either side of it. Apart form ringing ears and a few messy windows, the only damage to the hummer was a bent air intake and some scorched paint. :roll:

Keep your head out of your bum. ;)
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!