Battlefield 1942 or BF 2 discussions !!

Everything that got nothing to do with games we play ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:41 pm

You can parachute even from say 2-storey buildings?

Yes, I like using my scroll button on my mouse to switch (and stay) between positions - standing, crouching and prone. I particularly hate having to hold a button down to maintain a crouch position. No leaning either I noticed.

TS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:46 pm

Well TacticalMatt has some birthday money and seems anxious now to invest it in some BF2 stocks. Darn demos. You think that was EA's strategy all along in giving us that free demo? Guess nothing is ever free. :D

Tact - "off to install another game!" - S!

P.S. Have you hosted a server Dutch or just go online with the unclean masses out there?
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:00 am

Rank 7: 150,000 points (Master Sergeant) (New weapon)

Rank 8: 150,000 points (First Sergeant) (No new weapons)
... the same so instant promo?
or you have to get that much each time!?
Right, if you want to get promoted from master sergeant to first sergeant, you gotta have Following skills:

· Basic Knife
· Basic Pistol
· Basic Assault
· Basic Anti-Tank
· Basic Sniper
· Basic Spec Ops
· Basic Support
· Basic Engineer
· Basic Medic

And first sergeant isn´t the highest rank, there are also:

Rank 9: 250,000 points (Master Gunnery Sergeant) (new weapon)
Rank 10: 250,000 points (Sergeant Major) (no new weapons)

And finally rank 11, "Sergeant major of the corps" which is selected from the master gunnery sergeants and sergeant majors. Only one player (in the world?) can hold this title, one month at a time.

Tactical:
Tougher to get kills
My experience is that it´s a lot harder to get kills in the demo version, than it is the full game... Not that it´s too easy to score in full game either :? Oh well... Luckily i now have a brand new 50cal sniper rifle :badgrin:

Great gun actually... not as accurate as m24, but it´s ability to pierce through armour is pretty nice.... there nothing like shooting a gunship pilot (through his "bulletproof" canopy) in his cockpit... i hate those gunships... ;)
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
Finbar1
Postmaster

Post by Finbar1 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:04 pm

Camped in a black hawk last night,pilot was superb,capped flag after flag,it made a change to be at the controls of the "gattling gun" as opposed to the recieving end.
Have tried to learn how to fly em but have failed so far,btw re above how in gods name do you get that many points...I.ve done the math at the rate I score it would take me twenty two years and five months to get to master seargent.Even if I got twice as good it's eleven years.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:13 pm

Don't worry mate I'm sure some smart programmer will come along with a hack program to edit your scores. :D

Look I already have 1,000,000,000 points and all the medals and I still haven't picked the game up for TacticalMatt yet. :D

-----

As Dutchman has not been around (busy fixing his PC) is anyone hosting a BF2 server? Was Dutchman doing this on an informal basis before his crash? Or is it to general servers we go?
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:24 am

Finally picked up BF2 for Matt and installed it tonight. Must say a really impressive game for this genre. I like the medic a lot, and the ability to ask for supply drops. Like the squad interaction and how you are rewarded for fulfilling your assigned duties.

Graphically of course it is beautiful. Playing the game at 1024x768 32-bit, 4xAA with everything on High except Lighting on Medium, which is what the game auto-selected for me.

I tested with FRAPS using the Textures on Medium and High but didn't seem to affect fps. I was told this is a significant resource hog. Can anyone comment?

Personally I like the fact that one can stay offline and play against AI before venturing online, which I already did tonight for a quick mission to test my settings. We won!

Might mess around with this game for a bit. The expansion and WW2 mod look good. Maybe they will eventually have COOP mode again.

Regards,
TS!
Last edited by :FI:TacticalS! on Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:54 pm

This might be usefull:

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?a ... &id=138010" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
L.F
Forum Junky

Post by L.F » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:27 am

tits
Og det er det stora,
og det er det glupa,
at Merket det stend,
um Mannen han stupa.
:FI:Spitsfire
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Spitsfire » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:01 am

o yea
Winner of the FIS pink n'shiney,
"Gee winkies! I've been here over a year
and am still completely normal,
pookey-pookey-pookey." Award!
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:35 am

oo, nice tits

Spits
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:54 am

Who here has received awards or unlockables?

Decided I liked playing the game on Medium at 1024x768 using 4xAA for best performance on my machine. I understand RAM is more important then CPU in this one. A lot of folks encouraging 2 GB, with textures being the big reason for so much RAM. With 1 GB I seem to have performance where I want it with Medium Textures. Still haven't try a large online map, who knows what performance anyone gets due to lag.

Look for -FI-TacticalS or -FI-TacticalMatt if you need backup. ;)

TactS!
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:26 am

I had that M95 unlocked... It´s weird that according to that chart, m24 and m95 do the same damage :? After all, m24´s calibre is "only" .308 Win and m95´s is .50 BMG

Now i´m having second thoughts of unlocking that m95... Even if it would be more powerfull, what´s the point, because i always aim at the head?

I heard that the G3 is a good rifle to unlock... oh well... only 7000 points before i get my next unlock :lol:
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:59 pm

I thought Matthew was at a server where you could use a whack of unlockables - is that possible? Maybe a server option?

TS!
Finbar1
Postmaster

Post by Finbar1 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:29 am

Tacticals!
If you happened to peruse google with lets ..ahem say" Battlefield 2 cheats"you might I imagine :oops: find that with some editing you can it seems play the single player ONLY mode with unlocked weapons,I have friend who......says he tried this but couldnt get it to work.
Be warned you will it seems get into trouble with the dev if caught.
Cant say I understand why they have so long a gap between unlocks/promotions.
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:31 am

It´s possible... I´ve seen one server with all the unlocked weapons... cant remember it´s name though...