Pearl to Japan

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:22 pm

:FI:Ardmore wrote:Sorry Stu, as Tact. says, its a bit of a b*$*"!d when skins are on.

Vin
Now you just sound like another lad I know (whispers Noter) who loves skinning. The problems I have seen when doing custom skins is probably most problematic during take-off, as all the stuff is being transferred from the host to all the participants. Not only has the map and objects just been loaded and planes starting to take-off down low (i.e., low fps), but then the server tries to start passing around all the custom skins. Player A's skin needs to be transferred to host, then distributed to everyone else. If everyone has custom skins I am confident even after an hour mission all the skins still haven't been loaded into everyone's machine.

I believe it is the take-off phase that separates the custom skins problem from a DF server, where usually folks are not taking off en mass. The only solution, but it is tricky at best, is for everyone to have all the custom skins installed beforehand. Individual skins tends to be more work for a larger group, and it only takes one person who hasn't installed all them properly to cause lag. An easier approach would be to have 1 custom skin for each flyable, but this too takes some work and can be all for nothing if someone hasn't installed them all. In the end, unless the group is small, no skins is probably the best way to go.

Ok this just gets us back to that alien's probe thingy. Sorry Falcon just blame Oleg. :(

TS!
:FI:COM
Postmaster

GuadalupyurCanal, et. al.

Post by :FI:COM » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:36 pm

Firstly, I'd like to thank Greg (Rab) and Vin (Ardmore) for creating this series of motivating missions. Both have worked long and hard on not vacuuming their respective flats for our enjoyment. The lag was peculiar, but it sounds as if things have been cleaned up (airstart, less players..) Looking forward to next Sunday, to try it all out. btw- did you two get your ribbons for hosting?
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:23 pm

We dont need ribbons, all we need are the guys to turn up and have fun flying with us and possibly improve their virtual flying skills as well as helping us improve also.

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 am

The real fight has started, it was a normal FI mission to begin with, a lot of girlie squeals at the start until the pros came to the fore, and that is... Genosse, Strangelove, Macca, and that was the SBD guys.

On the Wildcat side we have our usual killer(Greg), but we some have guys that know their business and can fly, they just need some direction(pardon the pun).

Stu also known as "Falcon" has tried to impart his knowledge to us, give him a chance guys, 'cause, we know its all good.

Vin

P.S Can you check the stats guys, let me know if I got it wrong.
Last edited by :FI:Bluebell on Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
:FI:Dr_Strangelove
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Dr_Strangelove » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:31 am

Had an excellent time today Gents! The missions are really looking very promising, and I do love the Pacific Campaign!

I hope this continues and also maybe we can work on a bit less random chatter while in mission. Might help for that immersion feel as well.

Next Sunday is something I am looking very forward to.
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:24 am

:FI:Ardmore wrote:P.S Can you check the stats guys, let me know if I got it wrong.
First of all I really enjoyed these missions very much since it was a challenge of concentration and teamwork for me. I agree with Doc about the chatting on comms: less would be more.

I also think that we need to find a proper code of communication (in words and form) just in order to spread and understand information as quick as possible. We can work on that during the next Sunday missions.

@Vin: I remember that I shot at least three cars during the last mission but even my eventlog.lst file doesn´t mention that in the final score. Weird stuff ... :-k

BTW, I think Stu is missing in the overall stats ...

Off to next Sunday, folks! :D
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:48 am

Yep, your right Frank, the lesson here is to never do the stats after six Stella Artois. Can anyone confirm Franks 3 cars destroyed? maybe the recording?

The comms could be much much better, looks like back to different channels for next week.

The log reader I use is'nt perfect, so if theres something missed let me know here or by PM.

Vin
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:29 am

Gen, check your recording, I was recording as well, i'll check it too. Il2 had the issue of replaying recordings sometimes in a bit different way, as it is not a video file but based on the code of the game. I have seen someone attack the targets on the beach, I almost collided with hi, cant tll who it was,apart from that it was a SBD.

It was geat yeaterday, guys.Looking forward to next missions.

S!

Maciej
ImageImageImage
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:23 pm

Great missions, and all the warpiness gone..

More bombers please

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:Rabitski
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Rabitski » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:37 pm

I think stewert, martin and conrad all got killed on that last mission, so there stat's arn't listed with the alive pilot's stst's.
Over all I thought the mission's went well. The very first being the best then the yapping started to build up after that, but even then it was better then other week's. Also I glad so many of us surived these mission's. Of the guy's who got killed.
Falcon that was just wicked bad luck(or you have a huge head).
Martin I didn't see what happened to you.
And Conrad we need to get you flying more M8. On the plus side you reached the target and I'm not makeing fun of you here M8. A bit more time in the air and thing's will get better.
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:37 pm

Hey!

I shot down three armored cars too!

I wonder how they got up there?

Anyway ... on my third pass over the willage, everything went very black,

so I guess it doesn't matter.

Great fun!

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Rabitski » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:11 pm

Maybe we should fix the flight's. You know who fly's in each section and plane number. That way you'd know where to go each week and it would be simpler to split up the comm's to match the flight's.
:FI:Dr_Strangelove
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Dr_Strangelove » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:15 pm

:FI:Rabitski wrote:Maybe we should fix the flight's. You know who fly's in each section and plane number. That way you'd know where to go each week and it would be simpler to split up the comm's to match the flight's.
That would work great for me. I will take the #2 SBD behind Genn any day!
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:44 pm

:FI:Dr_Strangelove wrote:
:FI:Rabitski wrote:Maybe we should fix the flight's. You know who fly's in each section and plane number. That way you'd know where to go each week and it would be simpler to split up the comm's to match the flight's.
That would work great for me. I will take the #2 SBD behind Genn any day!
:oops: :oops: :oops: ;)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Rabitski » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:03 pm

Here how we are going to dish out the medals guy's.

Fighter Pilot's.

Airmedal: Combat with the enemy.

Des. Service Cross: 5mis alive with 2kill's or 2 kill's in a mission.

Legion of Merit: 10mis alive with 5 kills. Or 3 in a mission.

Silversilver: 15mis alive with 5kills.Or 4 kill's in a mission.

Des. Service Medal: 20mis alive with 10kill's. Or 5 kill's in a mission.

Navy Cross: 25mis alive with 15kill's. Or more then 5 kill's in a mission.

Medal of Honor: At least 20kill's in campaign.

Bomber pilot's:

AirMedal: Combat with the enemy.

Des. Service Cross: 5mis alive with 10gk or 1 ship.

Legion of Merit: 10mis alive with 20gk. Or 2 ship's.

Silver Star: 15mis alive with 25gk.Or 3 ship's or Damage to warship.

Des. Service Medal: 20mis alive with 30gk. Or 4 ship's or 1 warship.

Navy Cross: 25mis alive with 40gk. Or 5 ships or 2 warships.

Medal of honor: 30mis alive with 50gk. Or 8 ship's or 5 warships.

If the flight leader's feel somone deserves an award they can put his name forward. Same for rank.
Last edited by :FI:Rabitski on Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.