Battlefield 3

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Battlefield 3

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:17 pm

Was taking a peek at some of the Battlefield 3 videos on YouTube last night. Must say I enjoyed the immersive jet takeoff on the carrier. I know, total rubbish from a sim point of view, but coming from a fellow who doesn't dig jets this was rather cool. Of course that was just one of the missions in the campaign, and in that one your role is just the gunner (or missile launcher fellow to be more precise). Anyway cool looking game, enjoyed BF2 with the lads back in the day, and might pick it up for the Xbox 360.

TS!
:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Re: Battlefield 3

Post by :FI:Noter » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:31 pm

Had my 360 game preordered weeks ago, just need to go pick it up from the store... time can be such a bitch.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:38 pm

So there you are. :-$

I will pick it up for my son. However, he tells me that multiplayer will be linked to his DVD, so for me to play and keep my own stats (avatar) I will either need to purchase another code or buy my own copy. Sadly, he wouldn't want me ruining his k/d ratio. ;) I suspect a lot of this is to tap into the $$ of the resale market. Anyway. Campaign a bit weak, coop stronger and multiplayer really good.

Noter, I am trying to find a Limited Edition but if I can't I'll grab the standard version. Limited Edition content comes to the rest of us in a month as a DLC. I think we will be flying ROF every other Friday. Maybe we can hookup some opposite Fridays for BF3?

TS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:14 pm

Picked up the Limited Edition for my son. He is playing the campaign and jumped online with some of his buddies. Liked the campaign and really likes multiplayer. Said the jets were a lot of fun, though he will need more time with them. Helos tough but enjoyable. I took a peek at his campaign and must say the graphics are very good. From what I saw on YouTube they are topnotch on the PC. Haven't picked up a copy yet Noter but I will soon. Hoping to find a Limited Edition, though the extra content won't be released until later (maybe when the DLC for the same is available?).

TS!
:FI:Bowling Bob
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Bowling Bob » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:32 am

cool!
see ya all in the battlefields.
There are enough plains and choppers to fly!

cheers
FI_bowlingbob