5th September

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Wolfhound
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Re: 5th September

Post by :FI:Wolfhound » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:51 pm

Vin for some reason with the HSFX mod , the nav lights are really hard to make out, dull, so we tended to use the smoke only for that reason :D

"i will give thee a dog which i got in ireland. He is huge of limb,and for a follower equal to any man,Moreover, he hath a man's wit and will bark at thine enemy's but never at thy friends. He will see by each man's face whether he be ill or well disposed toward thee. He will give down his life foe thee. (The Icelandic Saga of Nial,c . AD 970-1014

:FI:Dutchman
The Unforseeable

Sunday evening 5 september 2010

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:26 pm

My fellow FI-ians,

Sinc a a long time I have re-entered the duty roster on the sunday evening's.

i must say that it was verry enjoyable and i have missed it, but as i said earlier i am back and it feld good.
i even managed to bomb a the enemy airfield and made it back to the homeground, at the verry last moment i crashed ( what's new) :lol: but my plane was hard to handle with jammed flaps in combat mode. but i made it and that was good enough for me.
I want to thank all the lads who were there during the coop and their support to bring my bird back home safely.

Dutch..,

ImageImageImage
Better loose one minute in your life, than loose your life in one minute...
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:45 pm

Vin for some reason with the HSFX mod , the nav lights are really hard to make out, dull, so we tended to use the smoke only for that reason

Ah, ok Dec, seems like smoke then :).

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:24 pm

Thanks for the feedback - nice to be appreciated :D

Next two missions are both shorter flights - Normandy - so should be less navigation issues. I'll have another look at the mulitple runway issue and see if I can get it working without the bounce. If not we can revert to the single strip. Sorry I couldn't stay on comms to the end - family issues. Hopefully back next Sunday!
Olegs stalker

:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:58 pm

Hi Neil, great mission really enjoyed them. Looking forward to next weeks.

Not sure about the bump. I think with the heavy bomb load if you didn't keep enough back pressure on the stick the plane nosed forward at high speed and boom bye bye plane.

How about some weather during a mission ?
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:37 pm

:FI:Armitage wrote:How about some weather during a mission ?
Bugger the weather it was bad enough with the damn clouds and hazy ground fog ;)

Mind you Eamonn don't forget we are flying as Americans in this and they never took to the sky unless it was 1/10th cloud or less and beautiful blue skys otherwise it fouls up the photo ops :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kev
Last edited by :FI:Wardog on Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:FI:Dutchman
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:02 pm

ohh oops

i think I placed my post on the wrong topic in the middle of a conversation i did not see the first page,well sorry lads.

Dutch..,

ImageImageImage
Better loose one minute in your life, than loose your life in one minute...
:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:34 pm

np Dutchman. I think your post worked out well
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:02 pm

:FI:Armitage wrote:Hi Neil, great mission really enjoyed them. Looking forward to next weeks.

Not sure about the bump. I think with the heavy bomb load if you didn't keep enough back pressure on the stick the plane nosed forward at high speed and boom bye bye plane.

How about some weather during a mission ?
To be honest I test flew that mission several times and had no issues taking off - think it might be these effete fighter pilots not able to get off the ground with bombs aboard. ;)

There will be bad weather soon - historically there was a weather front that passed across the UK and France and delayed D-day (by 24 hours I think) and we will be seeing that weather next weekend if we ccan fit in more than one mission. :D
Olegs stalker

:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:51 am

:FI:Nellip wrote:To be honest I test flew that mission several times and had no issues taking off - think it might be these effete fighter pilots not able to get off the ground with bombs aboard. ;)
Well, the reasons for the bumpy takeoffs might had been my "old" installation of the 352nd CCMap. I´ve downloaded its latest version and it seems to be working fine now ... so I hope that we´d all lift off from the same airfields the next time ...

F ;)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:16 am

Frank

Can you post a link to the latest version of the map please mate as I may still have the old one.

Cheers

Kev
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:23 pm

:FI:Wardog wrote:Frank

Can you post a link to the latest version of the map please mate as I may still have the old one.

Cheers

Kev
Kev,

I downloaded it from -> here <- ... or alternatively from -> here <-.

:)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Blue2
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:57 pm

The file I downloaded from the 352nd site failed to install properly when I attempted "automatic" install, so I tried the "manual" method.
After extracting it to a temp folder I discovered that some of the folders referenced in the .txt file instructions were missing - explains the bad installation.
Also, no "all.ini" file was extracted.

Now I see that the 352nd site isn't accessible... my guess is that somebody's off fixing the installation file. Hope so anyway.

Meanwhile I may have to do some "surgery" on my HSFX installation if the incomplete map installation keeps it from working properly.

********************** EDIT************************
Problem solved: located all the proper folders, etc. under the "Files" folder, and the only problem was in the "all.ini" file: rather than creating a new line for the new map, the installer merely pasted the new line onto the end of the line it was intended to fall below. So, inserting a single carraige return did the trick.
Good to go; map shows up fine now.