22nd August

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Igor
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Re: 22nd August

Post by :FI:Igor » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:59 pm

Recommend 'level stabilizer' enabled for this mission. We'll be pretty busy swapping between pilot and bombardier positions, sighting/aiming, and drinking beer with the free hand...i.e. what free hand?

Igor (oh God, just make me a freakin gunner!)
:FI:Igor
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:34 pm

Anyone got the 352nd Squads Cross Channel Map working within HSFX - doesn't seem to work for me.
Olegs stalker

:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:21 am

have you looked at/tried this-
:FI:Murph wrote:Pike, I'm curious, did any of this work? I helped McBiggles get the 352nd map up and running last night and in the course of doing so found another potential glitch; The 352nd map installer does not add the lines needed to the map all.ini file correctly! For some reason it tagged the line on behind that of another map's "load.ini line" of text. Mike needed to cut and paste the line to it's own place in the all.ini. It should come out looking something like this;
[all]
1940_1941_Channel CAN_EnglishChannel/1940load.ini
1942_1945_Channel CAN_EnglishChannel/1943load.ini
2B_FlightTest 2B_FlightTest/load.ini
352nd_Cross_Channel 352nd_Cross_Channel/load.ini
3BG_KTO 3BG_KTO/load.ini
3BG_KTO_Winter 3BG_KTO_Winter/load.ini
ag_Cartagena ag_Cartagena/load.ini
etc....

The 352nd auto-installer attached the line "352nd_Cross_Channel 352nd_Cross_Channel/load.ini" to the end of "3BG_KTO 3BG_KTO/load.ini" , all we had to do was move it to it's own line and the map worked perfectly.
did you DL the actors.static fix?
actors.static fix

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:05 am

Thanks Sneaky

I went back and redid the installation and everything worked fine this time.

Map looks really nice, and certainly opens up some good potential for mission builders.

:D
Olegs stalker

:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:38 pm

I noticed the map say 15,000ft for form up area but brief says 12,000ft

which is it?
:FI:Conman
Postmaster
Location: Brockford, Suffolk, England, U.K., Europe, Earth, mil

Post by :FI:Conman » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:24 pm

12,000 ft typo on the map
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:24 pm

Excellant mission!!

Enjoyed it thoroughly even though I didn't quite get to target ...my own fault, couldn't figure out where Bournemouth was!!

I just wanted to put on record my thanks and appreciation to the thought put into the mission design, developement and presentation. A great job, well done!!

G
I fear no beer

:FI:Conman
Postmaster
Location: Brockford, Suffolk, England, U.K., Europe, Earth, mil

Post by :FI:Conman » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:23 pm

Thank you for all the comments and praise. I loved this mission from the word go, I put my heart and sole into it, its really nice to get all this praise for it. My greatest satisfaction in my job as a mission builder is comments like this. I'm thinking about doing all my future missions like this one. With a detailed brief set a week before the flight Maybe having its own section on the forums. Missions like this however take allot of time (I spent over 15 hours building this mission) so will only do it if everyone is keen on the idea. The missions will vary in theatre and whether axis or allies are flown but will probably follow the general trend. I will only be able to produce this level of mission once a fortnight if I'm lucky but will do my best to get something sorted. Moreover I'm more than happy to share my work, If anyone wants a copy of this mission sent to them then by all means do (just don't sell it to third parties) just drop me an email and ill send it across ASAP.

Con"Bomber Harris"man
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:58 am

Nice one m8. would like a copy pls.

With missions like this you might even tempt Skipper back (anyone heard from the doc lately?)

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)