Finally Back Up And Running

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:Murph
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Finally Back Up And Running

Post by :FI:Murph » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:00 pm

I'm back after a PC crash/upgrade and I'm in the process of rebuilding my install of Il2, among other things. Most of the stuff I've downloaded over the years was backed up or on a drive other than the one that died. Thanks to Frank for helping me get back on this site (my password had been lost).
I'm now using Windows7 64 bit. Can anyone here tell me the best arrangement for this? Should I run my game from the Program Files (x86) folder or from my Games folder? Do I need to run it in XP Compatibility Mode? As Administrator?
Thanks for any tips you can share.
"Níor bhris focal maith fiacail riamh."
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Re: Finally Back Up And Running

Post by :FI:Wardog » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:31 pm

Good to hear mate :) Yes to compatability mode(win XP SP3) and administrator but you should find that Win 7 64bit will automatically put IL2 into the x86 programmes folder.

If you check out the various threads on the squadron forum you'll see we are trying to get everyone onto HSFX Ver 4.1.1 with the Zuti 1.2 mod.

Once you gett il2 up and running give someone a shout for the links and they can help get you up and running too.

Kev
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:23 pm

Il2 runs fine on my win7 64 from " X:/HSFX" folder. That was a copy paste via external drive from old PC.
Only downside on W7 is no track IR2 support (drivers were written in Latin or something), so normally run from XP boot.

As for a fresh install , possibly you have to do that as admin. Install for "all users on this PC"?

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Murph » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:12 am

My TrackIr 3 Pro works OK- maybe it's time to think about upgrading?
I did a clean install from disk to C:/Games? HSFX and then downloaded and installed the patches to HSFX 4.11. I copies some items from my jsgme folder in my install of UP 2.1, which I also did, and now my game interface and loadscreen look like UP2.1 although the game itself is still HSFX! Not a problem really, I just need to keep careful track of my desktop icons so I don't get them mixed up.
I might consider moving the game to the x86 folder to see if it runs any smoother.
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Murph » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:55 pm

Does anyone know which files the game uses for the load screen?