Storm of War Video

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Storm of War Video

Post by :FI:Noter » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:08 pm

:FI:Airway
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Re: Storm of War Video

Post by :FI:Airway » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:13 pm

We had that, days ago:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9287
Image ImageImage
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:30 pm

Thanks for the link (again) Matthew. Looks really nice! Do I dare ask an ETA for the release? Christmas 2010?

The video does make me wonder, though, from a gameplay balance whether the German aircraft will be more challenging in the upcoming series than they are in the current game (stock engine not mods). While I appreciate they had auto trim abilities, surely the present game engine doesn’t represent those historical capabilities properly. While official patches have made some changes, it seems to me that speed and altitude changes outside of those required by real German pilots do not adversely affect the planes virtual performance (at least that is my remembrance from when I actively flew).

Anyway, as mentioned at the first, while obviously respecting historical authenticity, it is my opinion that Maddox needs to take gameplay balance into consideration to some degree. I just remember working like a "dog" keeping my Allied plane properly trimmed while enjoying a rather easy time in my German rides. Again, probably authentic but places Allied pilots as gamers at a disadvantage IF Axis pilots are not penalized when flying outside of their "auto-trimmed limits."

And just to be clear, I personally enjoy the additional workload of Allied planes (just miss the ammo loads of Axis ones).

Regards,
TS!
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:48 am

Hi Tact!

At one time I pretty much forgot about trim in 190's and 109's but I dont now. And I have to say that unless you are doing 400kph to which their trim is set I find having to keep my foot on the rudder to centre the ball a bit of a pain, and it would be a lot harder with a twist stick. It does make a difference if you want to get max speed or climbrate so to a lesser or greater degree depending on the scenario I am usually applying right rudder in Luftwaffe aircraft.
Allied planes i just adjust trim on rotaries and although some like the Mustang might need more adjustments depending on speed I still prefer that method.
Most accounts of the 109E and MrkI Spit say they were pretty close in performance so I suspect Oleg will do them as accurately as he can and leave it to the pilots to show who is best.

S!
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:13 pm

How are you doing Gadje? Thank you for your reply. Perhaps these changes have been made in the last year or two mate? I readily admit that its been some time since I really flew German planes. Great to hear about these changes.

TS!
:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:55 pm

Actually there is not much info out there about the game. He's gotten to where there are new screenshots each Friday, but that's the only updates I know of. I have heard the goal is to have the game out this year, around the same that the Battle of Britain really started, so August/September. Many of the boards I read, the people don't think it will be done based on the screenshots he's releasing, but who knows, it's all speculation. Still no specs on what we'll need to run it either.