I was kicked from a server - what I did wrong?

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Alex
Professional Boardie

I was kicked from a server - what I did wrong?

Post by :FI:Alex » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:04 pm

Hi All,
Yesterday (27.12.2009) I was kicked from the Mikester's server.
In my last flight I supressed airfield near town according task. I attacked one plane (without success) on the ground then downed someone near that aifield. I had supreme position and sudently was kicked without any awareness. So I've lost all my scores and I didn't like to rejoin the server. :evil:
It was suprised for me and I'd like to know - what I did wrong? :-k
Image Skype: alexander.deyneko
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Re: I was kicked from a server - what I did wrong?

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:47 pm

Alex,

I do not know what happened, but at least one other person was kicked off the server then too. I think the session ended a short time after that.

Sorry Alex.

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Wolfhound
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wolfhound » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:44 pm

Alex you did nothing wrong, it happened to other people aswell,Frank and kevin i'am sure and i had problems all night.Its a pity about your stat's because you were like a one man air force of your own last night
"i will give thee a dog which i got in ireland. He is huge of limb,and for a follower equal to any man,Moreover, he hath a man's wit and will bark at thine enemy's but never at thy friends. He will see by each man's face whether he be ill or well disposed toward thee. He will give down his life foe thee. (The Icelandic Saga of Nial,c . AD 970-1014

:FI:Airway
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:41 pm

Yes, I had problems yesterday too to join after I had problems with my coms.

Things like that happen from time to time and it's not you to blame.

:)
Image ImageImage
:FI:Blue2
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:12 am

Not really adding much at this point, but I was another one who got the boot there near the end. Timing was lousy in that case as well, since there were 3 of us wrapped up in the start of what looked like a good fight just southeast of Lebouw (spelled wrong I think).
:(
Anyway, I'm sure there was just some kind of a problem with the server - nothing anyone did intentionally. All in all, the entire session was a lot of fun! I would enjoy doing it again. Thanks to you Mikester for hosting! :D =D] (And to you Gen, for the last one too. That Avia is a neat plane - I want to give it a try next time!)

Cheers to all,
Blue2
:FI:Mikester
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:12 pm

Sorry about that boys,

Not sure what the problem was but ill need to look at the settings at some point to see if I can sort this out. The main issue we have is when people with bad connections join this has a knock on effect with all other players, it often increases players pings causing lag and sometimes kicking. Unfortunately we can't do much about this, not everyone can have a great connection. I can however look more closely at the settings and see if I can make it more stable for poor connections.

Once again my apologies for any frustration caused.

Mike