Swordfish

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:Igor
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Swordfish

Post by :FI:Igor » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:01 am

Has anybody (other than me) installed the Swordfish? It's a very nice A/C. Flew the Bismark mission just before last Sunday's FI Coop's. 65minutes in a reaaaal slow A/c ( I feel asleep on TS waiting for the first Sunday mission to come up). The A/C can carry a respectable loadout, but if you're attacking anything other than an unarmed ship, yer pretty much screwed! You have to go to an Italian site for the download (Italy, Swordfish, Taranto...you go figure the irony there!)

Igor
:FI:Igor
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Re: Swordfish

Post by :FI:Wardog » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:35 pm

Igor if you look in the sessions area of the forum there is a taranto link which neil has started. There are a few of us who have the stringbag DL'd ready for neil to do the mission when he gets back from his hols :D

Wardog
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:35 pm

Hi - long time no HOTAS , but I've already got a fairly accurate Taranto mission (was set up using Gladiators but if the stringbags in game now would be easy to change.

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:34 pm

Sneaky, you hairy bastage! If it were a stick that was keeping you away, I could have sent you to Walmart with a coupon!

Good to see you kinna back. Looks like we'll have a battle of the Taranto missions then?

Hope to see you soon online.

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Spitsfire
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Spitsfire » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:45 pm

Playing with a pretty new skin I received I noted that the gunner and navigator are always scanning the horizon, nice touch!
Winner of the FIS pink n'shiney,
"Gee winkies! I've been here over a year
and am still completely normal,
pookey-pookey-pookey." Award!