[MOD] Spitfire XIVc & XIVe Ver1.1

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:Alex
Professional Boardie

[MOD] Spitfire XIVc & XIVe Ver1.1

Post by :FI:Alex » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:02 pm

Hi All,
I read on the AAA forum that install this mod is not very safe ;)
And I have read long instructions - how to install it.. Well, is it necessiary to install all ( SOUND_MOD or MOD-Activator, wrapper, AC installer) exept the Spitfire mod? I haven't idea what are these programms (exclude Spit mod) and not sure may be I have wrapper and AC installer already. How I can check it? At present time all working OK and I worry to "damage" or change something... :oops:
Image Skype: alexander.deyneko
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Re: [MOD] Spitfire XIVc & XIVe Ver1.1

Post by :FI:Wardog » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:46 pm

Alex don't panic ;) It installs easily in this order:

Wrapper

AC Installer

Spitfire mod

We have all installed it that were online last night with no problems apart from one who accidently installed the un-installer by mistake.

Wardog ^:) :beer: :beer:
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:31 pm

:FI:Wardog wrote: ... We have all installed it that were online last night with no problems apart from one who accidently installed the un-installer by mistake.

... and I used the old V3.0 AC installer and it didn't work. It shut down at ~60%. Be sure to use AC Installer V3.1.

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Alex
Professional Boardie

Post by :FI:Alex » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:02 pm

Thanx it works normal. I will see how it work online.
Image Skype: alexander.deyneko
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:23 am

If you are a frequent visitor at the AAA site you will know that this aircraft is now up to version 1.3. Now Im not convinced that an opening side door is a major step forward but each to their own. What has always bugged me is the flaky sound set, espcially the crackling in the recording you get inside and out. A guy called Jafa has created a new set of sounds for this plane- here-

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=9264 ... 92345876a0

It involves grubbing around in your game folders and if you are inclined to try them i suggest you make a copy of your Spitfire_Griffon_Sounds folder (in your MODS folder) before you start in case you fluff it up forst time around (like I did). If you read the instructions first (like I didn't) its not very difficult

They are totally different to the original sounds as released with the Plane at AAA but having listened to a Griffon in the flesh I think they are closer to the real deal .They are a little lower vol and no crackle.
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.