Yak Template Question

Painters and skinners. Somewhere to show off skins and look for artistic inspiration.
:FI:Sacktime
Forum Junky

Yak Template Question

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:44 pm

For you skinners out there. I want to skin me up a Yak-9 for next week end. Question is I can't find a Yak-9 Template to work with. Are all the Yak's compatible for skinning? As I can find Yak-7 and Yak-3 Templates. I've checked the Void files and they appear to be pretty close.

Thanks
Sacktime
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Re: Yak Template Question

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:41 pm

Sack,

The

Yak 1
Yak1B
Yak 3
Yak 7
Yak 9
Yak 9T
Yak 9U

are all different ... but all close enough to work if you don't start counting rivets, checking panels and discerning material textures and wear patterns. Yak 3's and 9's are close. Yak 1's and 7's are similar. Beyond that you should check to see if there are any glaring inconsistencies. I have a Yak 9 template that I made a year or two ago. I think it's pretty ~Yak-9~ specific ... if you'd like it.

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:51 pm

Falcon

I would never refuse a template or skin from you. Yes I would greatly appreciate a copy of your Template. I enjoy starting from scratch but it takes me a few days to set up the template, into layers I like to work with.

Thanks
Sacktime
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:25 am

Sure, start from scratch, but check out the layers. You might learn more about what works and, erm ... what doesn't. I haven't checked the template in a long time, but it should be an ok study piece. Either way, it'll save some time.

I'll put it on Gurb's, (thanks again Gareth!), file page here soon. I'll name it Yak9 ... something.

Falcon

Edit: hold on ... the file seems corrupt in the FTP

... go here instead.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:49 am

My photoshop 7 can't read your Paintshop Pro file. I believe your Paintshop Pro can convert to .psd extension that my photoshop can read. I cannot find a plugin for PS7 or another program that can do it and keep the layers intact.
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:38 am

Ooooooh yah, you're one of those people.

Don't worry ...

evvvveryone will get a trophy ...

try again.

sorry, forgot

Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:49 pm

Thanks! Falcon

Now on with the skinning....after I get home from work :?
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:56 pm

So you received it? ... for sure? ... unzipped, opened and checked? ... layers working?

Let me know.

Falcon

Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:33 pm

It's all there!

Must be a MILLION layers, you must see rivets and panel lines when you sleep. I did rivets....once.....that is all I'm going to say on that.