SEOW Invitation from 69.GIAP Amerika Wing

Dates, News and Comments
=69.GIAP=TUSHKA
Baby Boardie

Re: SEOW Invitation from 69.GIAP Amerika Wing

Post by =69.GIAP=TUSHKA » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:05 pm

:FI:WillieOFS wrote:Was this the old band? :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCu2XMTU76s
No, that is the 69.GIAP All Star Dance Band recounting the legend of the founding of the GShAP (mud mover) Wing. It always brings a tear to my eye, a dryness to my throat, and an urge to bomb something to smithereens.
C!

Tushka

Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

=69.GIAP=TUSHKA
Baby Boardie

Post by =69.GIAP=TUSHKA » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:43 pm

Salute FI!

Heads up!

There is another SEOW invitation from 69.GIAP Amerika Wing in the works, and it will be announced here shortly, as soon as we get a complete draft of the rule set and cost list.

We will propose to fly this in the Friday night time slot that we call "Amerika Nite with the Fightin' Irish", most recently in the Bustard Hunt campaign designed and hosted by MOH_Soda on the Na Kane Pono server. That campaign is winding down, and the SEOW campaign is proposed to start in January as a replacement.

I've sent a PM to MOH_Soda on this forum to invite MOH to join us, but he hasn't seen it yet... so if someone who has his email address could ask him to check his PMs here, I'd appreciate it.

In the spirit of the current campaign, the proposed campaign will be open to multiple squads so we can get a decent turnout. We will start with a maximum of 16 flyable seats per side (which should be more than enough), but we have the capability to increase that if necessary.

The setting will be Khalkhin Gol 1939, with simplified movement and production rules suitable to a "starter" SEOW campaign. It is designed to be maximal fun for minimal work, and should be good for introducing pilots to the joys (and frustrations) of the Scorched Earth Online War system.

We (69.GIAP) will provide the server and administer the campaign, dealing with any SEOW issues that emerge. We will also organize one of the two sides, and provide training for anyone who would like to command but has little SEOW experience.

At the moment I am looking for a squad to provide leadership and a non-public forum for one of the two sides. The sweetener is that once we have a complete rule set, we will let whichever squad volunteers choose which side they will fly, and we (69.GIAP) will then take the other side.

I have already offered this role to the K9 Squadrons (DangerDogz) and to the Black Sheep 8th, both of which have SEOW experience. However, experience is not a prerequisite as we will provide training, so if the Fightin' Irish would like to take up the baton, we'd be happy to help you with it. :-)

Please post any questions here.
C!

Tushka

:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:10 pm

What's it pay? :lol:

Just kidding. Sounds like fun. I wish I could my damn game to go online. :(
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

=69.GIAP=TUSHKA
Baby Boardie

Post by =69.GIAP=TUSHKA » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:01 am

:FI:WillieOFS wrote:What's it pay? :lol:

Just kidding. Sounds like fun. I wish I could my damn game to go online. :(
The pay is high in fame and glory with a bonus in potatoes.

Note that the Commander in Chief does not actually have to fly or get involved in detailed mission planning, but does need to make sure that both these things get done to his satisfaction. So if you have ever felt the need to give orders, this may be your opportunity. The North American FI cats need herding!

Haven't your brilliant FI techs been able to get you online yet? (I am assuming that the missing word is "get".) How many years have you been with this squadron? And you are still grounded? Did you perhaps insult a ferret in your previous incarnation?
C!

Tushka

:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:04 am

Tushka,

Willie's ability and liver may be lacking, but his heart is true. We saw him almost get on TS last weekend so there is hope and change in the air.

;)

FI folk, this campaign with take place of the Friday HE campaign, so if'n your hankerin' to fly on Fridays, this is it!

Fal "Meow" con

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:13 am

If I get any big problems with insomnia I might join, but as I am GMT then normally well past my bedtime for these events :(
Olegs stalker

=69.GIAP=TUSHKA
Baby Boardie

Post by =69.GIAP=TUSHKA » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:50 pm

=69.GIAP=CZAPKA has published a rule set for the proposed Amerika Nite SEOW campaign, and you can view a copy at http://phpbb.69giap.com/viewtopic.php5?p=7961#7961.

We are still looking for a squad to fulfill the role of opponent.
C!

Tushka

=69.GIAP=TUSHKA
Baby Boardie

Post by =69.GIAP=TUSHKA » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:29 pm

Just a quick update to report on (lack of) progress for an Amerika Nite SEOW.

I am still looking for an opponent, and have widened the search with a second possible scenario, "Steel Typhoon", the pre-invasion phase of the Battle of Okinawa. Two squadrons, MCVG-2 and Air Group 51 are currently considering it. (They seemed put off by the lack of carriers in the Khalkhin Gol campaign. :-) )
C!

Tushka

:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:51 pm

I'll be there ...

whenever!

Thanks for hangin' in there Tushka,

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
=69.GIAP=TUSHKA
Baby Boardie

Post by =69.GIAP=TUSHKA » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:07 am

The fact is, since we've gotten involved in testing Ground Zero SEOW I've stopped agitating for the Khalkhin Gol campaign. The Amerika Wing has been flying nearly every night, which is far more activity that I had planned or expected. :shock:

I've sent Hitcher (GZSEOW admin) my Typhoon of Steel (v 1.0) rules and he plans to submit a revised version (2.0) as a basis for discussion for the first *real* (non-test) campaign on Ground Zero SEOW. In any case, expect the Friday Nite SEOW sessions to continue in one form or another. Tonight we are doing two test campaigns... mission # 28 in the Island Hop test campaign (using the same historical scenario as Typhoon of Steel - late war), and mission #2 in the Star of Africa test campaign (1941 and earlier planes using the Cyrenaica map). I think both qualify as "Historic Encounters".

I suspect Khalkhin Gol is less attractive to Amerikan squads than, say, the Pacific theater, or North Africa perhaps because Amerikans didn't have a dog in that fight.

P.S. Expect another Giapper to pop in here soon to invite you to join a campaign in a convenient European time slot. That will be =69.GIAP=MALYSH from our South African Wing. I advised him that the division seems to be "Historic Encounters" for Amerikan time slots and "Sessions" for European, though I don't see that noted anywhere. ;)

P.P.S. He said something about having trouble registering, but hoped to have it fixed by an FI admin soon.
C!

Tushka

=69.GIAP=TUSHKA
Baby Boardie

Post by =69.GIAP=TUSHKA » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:09 pm

There will be a special Easter Sunday mission tomorrow on Ground Zero SEOW at 1900 Zulu (2100 CET, 1500 Eastern) to test plane set and settings for a proposed "Typhoon of Steel" campaign, and everyone is invited to join us in service of the Emperor and the defense of Okinawa. Join us on 69.GIAP teamspeak beforehand. 193.238.215.48:8767, password "giap".
C!

Tushka