Sunday nigh teams

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Sunday nigh teams

Post by :FI:Armitage » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:31 pm

just a small suggestions as the more experienced fighters are flying German (with better machines)
maybe they should join the Russians and fly slight worse fighters and let some less experienced fighters fly the german machines?

be interesting to see what happends
:FI:Rabitski
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Re: Sunday nigh teams

Post by :FI:Rabitski » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:28 pm

I think ye won that one, we didn't get near our targets untill the end, every time I put a bomb on I ended up in a dog fight. Once red started putting up more fighters, and some of them comming in fairly high, then we were forced up and that left the Il-2's to hit the ground targets. Much better job red, just need a bit more team work on both sides and it would have been a cracker; I downloaded the editor thing so hopefully by next week end there will be a clear objective with the mission ending once the ground target is complet.
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:10 pm

I think the LA's gave a very good account of themselves. When they dragged the 190's down its was anybody's fight.

Im of the mind that if you want to fly a particular plane you should be able to as long as teams are kept about even. If a pilot wants a change going over to the other channel and seeing if anybody is up for a swap seems like a good idea to me as well.

I enjoyed sunday a hell of a lot more than the week before and Im sure keeping the planesets more even had far more to do with that than what other pilots were flying - just my opinion.
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:58 pm

Agree with you Richard

Couldn't stick around for long last night - internet when living in the sticks - but matchup was much more even.

I would say most of our better fighter jocks were flying blue (without wanting to boost their already inflated egos too much :lol: ) but the better groundpounders were flying red and as the mission was about hitting ground targets then that was OK. Hopefully the less able red fighter jocks will improve and rise to the challenge - you don't improve much if you fly against people who are worse than you.......
Olegs stalker