1942 Channel DF mission

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

1942 Channel DF mission

Post by :FI:Nellip » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:32 am

I have been having a play with the FMB using the new moving objects mod to create a DF mission based on the beta Channel map we used for the Battle of Britain canpaign late last year.

RAF fly Spitfire V's and Mosquitos, Luftwaffe get 109F4's, 190A4's and Bf110's. The Canon map is 1:2 scale so flying distances are reasonable, and hopefully these machine match ups are OK (190A4 will probably be the ride of choice but maybe we restrict that to 2 aircraft only). A good test of fairness here is would people be happy to fly either red or blue based on plane set available, so please let me know if these seems OK for people. RAF mission is to fly combat patrols over occupied France and attack targets of opportunity, blue is to defend their ground targets. There may also be some specific targets for mudmovers....

I know there was some frustration last week (and I include myself) with an uneven match, even allowing for the extra numbers on red team. When blue can boom and zoom on a red team with a ground attack mission, in an aircraft that can extend away at will, then it is no wonder that only one blue aircraft got shot down :lol: Hopefully this DF will be a bit of a fairer match up.
Olegs stalker

:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Re: 1942 Channel DF mission

Post by :FI:Wardog » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:39 pm

Personally I wold be happy to fly either side with those planes as they are all fairly even in my eyes. I like the idea of a mid war channel DF setup as there is a fair amount you can do target wise.

I agree the plane match up on the russia DF seemed a bit unfair as god knows the lag is a dog(but then I hate russian crates full stop) but most of the shots I have seen show then strafing ground targets instead of watching out for the 109s. I'm not trying to stir the pot a bit just thought they would have done better flying cover for the IL2s instead of strafing with them.

Wardog ^:) :beer:
:FI:Rabitski
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Rabitski » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:06 pm

Oh that pot is well stirred, I'm done with the early Russian missions. If I make any more I'll do it with the best planes for the red side for the given year. So If I do say Stalingrad the match up will be A4's v La5's that's what I'm thinking of at the moment. With regards to the channel It should be the other way around Neil, the channel fighters switched over en mass to FW late in 41, I think by mid 42 there was only 2 squads along the channel which had 109's and they were minding Brest. If what your thinking is kinda like the non stop offencive as the allied called it, the germermans called it the nonsense offensive, because it never posed them much of a problem, and the raids when they got through or were allowed through didn't do much damage.
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:10 pm

Rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb . =D] ^:)

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:46 pm

France '42 in Spit V's?

I'm there!

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:55 pm

I'll fly any aircraft, red or blue, especially if you stick in the A-20s and B-25s :)

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:19 pm

Sounds good to me.
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:53 am

I'll fly red or blue as long as my plane has 4x 20mm cannons, lots of ammo and goes really, really fast. ;) Nah! either is fine.

Maybe put in some LF Spit Vb's as well as vanilla Vb's Neil they are pretty fast on the deck for Spits and the older model can fly high cover.
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:08 am

I'd like some of that too.

I can't fly an Anton for shyte, but I can get around in a 109. Haven't flown anything for the allied side in along time other than to take off and land a Spit in WC the other day.

I'd also like to know what the IP addy of the server is so that I might accidentally have a chance to join.

My TS will listen, however it will not transmit.
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:19 pm

:FI:WillieOFS wrote: I'd also like to know what the IP addy of the server is so that I might accidentally have a chance to join.

My TS will listen, however it will not transmit.
I have had problems with TS of late so I sympathise.

We tend to fly via IP rather than HL these days but if you log into TS then the host normally puts up the IP address in the chatline on TS. Alternatively if you let me know your email address I'll send you a note of the IP on Sunday. It would be great to see you back online - and even better to hear you if we can get your mike to work :lol:
Olegs stalker

:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:29 pm

Put me down for a Mossie if you will (can't shoot straight anyway :badgrin: )

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:35 pm

Nelip,

Thanks and I sent you a PM.

W
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!