"nebe ostavili sled"

Painters and skinners. Somewhere to show off skins and look for artistic inspiration.
MOH_Soda
Beginner

"nebe ostavili sled"

Post by MOH_Soda » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:10 pm

aloha gentlemen. how much for a '42-43 era checker-tailed yak & laag with brother KU, seven german air kills & “nebe ostavili sled” (they left a trail in the sky) on the side? old & beat up, like me.
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Re: "nebe ostavili sled"

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:13 pm

Hey Soda!

Keeping y'seff well hidden I see.

If I did the skins, I'd need to put you on the tail end of a longish line. One other project I'm doing is a total rebuild of the Yak 1 ... or 1b, I fergit. That's gonna take a while. I have a fairly okay LaGG template that I can get you in a week or three, depending how much you bug me.*
Any particular paint under paint scheme for the checkered bird?**

Falcon

* the amount of bugging is directly proportional to speed of project completion ... to a point ;)
** Googling "nebe ostavili" now

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
MOH_Soda
Beginner

Post by MOH_Soda » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:07 am

mahalo Falcon! no hurry, at your convenience sir!
MOH_Soda
Beginner

Post by MOH_Soda » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:09 am

* are they done yet?
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:04 am

MOH_Soda wrote:* are they done yet?

Yeah, keep THAT up and see what it'll get ya!

;)

Okay, I've searched the world over and can't find "nebe ostavili sled".

Gimme a hint.

thx,

Falcon

PS: what brand of LaGG and Yak?

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
MOH_Soda
Beginner

Post by MOH_Soda » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:01 pm

howzit Falcon. skins will be used on the featured game pieces of a spring '43 Tanam Peninsula DCG Campaign i'm working on, so either a YAK_1B of the 812th IAP or a LAGG_3IT of 88th IAP would be great. i'll be hosting this campaign on NKP & would like skins to work with v2.36 IL2-MAT Manager 'Russia 1942' markings. campaign is still in early development so there is absolutely no rush on this.

i’m not sure “nebe ostavili sled” (they left a trail in the sky) was an actual dedication that was used, but my understanding these types of inscriptions or dedications were both factory & field applied, so you have quite a bit of artistic freedom.

here’s a couple examples i found under Yak 1 & LaGG-3 listings on WINGS PALETTE

Yak-1B, 812th IAP, Serial: 24
Pilot - Capt.Svezhentsov Fedor Klimentevich. On 8th May 1943 flown this plane he was killed during aerial combat.

LaGG-3 Series 66, 88th IAP, Serial: 932
North Caucasus Front, Summer 1943. This LaGG-3 flew over the southern front area in 1943. The inscription over fuselage proclaims in Georgian 'Soviet Georgia'.

Yak-1, 183th IAP, Serial: 1
Pilot - Lt.M.D.Baranov, Summer 1942. Note 27 victory stars on the fuselage. The slogan means 'Death to Fascists'.

Yak-1 (M-105PA) 'Groza Fashistov', 183th IAP, Serial: 1
Pilot - flight leader M.D.Baranov. Stalingrad Front, Autumn 1942.

Yak-1B, unit unknown
Pilot - Guards Maj.A.M.Reshetov, Summer 1942. The inscription said '(From) Collective workers of Shatovskovo village Soviet, Ivanovskovo District, Zaporozhskoy Oblasti (to) HSU Guards Major Reshetov'

Yak-1B, 31st GvIAP, Serial: c/n.08110
Pilot - Maj.Eremin, 1943. Inscription at the fuselage said: 'Gift to pilot of Stalingard Front comrade Maj.Eremin from kolkhoznik of Stokhanovets kolkhoz comrade Golovatov'.

Yak-1B, 291st IAP, Serial: 10 (c/n.1027)
Pilot - Hero of the Soviet Union Capt.A.F.Lavrenov, Ukraine, Summer 1942. Note: this aircraft was bought on funds collected by the Rtichevo railway worker Obraztsov Vladimir Nikolaevich.

Yak-1B, 152nd IAP, Serial: 58
Pilot - Two time Hero of Soviet Union commander of 152 IAP Cpt.Sergey D. Luganskiy. Inscription says 'aircraft donated by members of the Komsomol and youth of city Alma-Ata'. '32' is the number of victories of Luganskiy, early in 1943.

Yak-1B, 31st GvIAP, 268th IAD, 8th VA, Serial: 16
Pilot - CO of GvIAP Maj.A.M.Reshetov, later 1944. Flown this aircraft he flew 300 sorties and claim 12 victories (of whole 35). Inscription at the fuselage said: 'Gift from kolkhozniks of Shotovsky village of Ivanovsky district of Zaporozhie province'.

hope that helps & thx again for considering this.

aloha ...
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:40 am

Okay, I'll start thinkin' about stuff ...

Hey!

I just thought up a patriotic slogan for the squadron!

F

:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:57 am

Uh, O kay. :roll:
And, like Sarah, I suppose that makes you "experienced in International Affairs". :lol:
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x