Sound

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:ZekeMan
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Sound

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:05 pm

Hi Lads,
Hey, got IL-2 up and running again and connected to HL but I find I have no sound in game. All my other games work fine and I even have sound when connected to HL. What can I check?

Z

We sleep safe in our beds, because rough men stand ready in the night, to visit violence upon those that would do us harm... James Orwell
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Re: Sound

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:31 pm

1) the obvious= in game volume settings etc.

2) Vista users check for Open AL.
Vista will not support hardware acceleration . Creative have an Open AL download on their site.

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:47 am

Once you're up and running you will probably find you have no sound in-game. If you check your other programs they'll probably work OK. I'll bet you even have sound in HL.

Hope that helps. :sheep:
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:32 am

:FI:Heloego wrote:Once you're up and running you will probably find you have no sound in-game. If you check your other programs they'll probably work OK. I'll bet you even have sound in HL.

Hope that helps. :sheep:
Did you get that one from Microsoft support Dan ?

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Heloego » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:22 pm

That is kinda how they handle stuff, ain't it?

Nope. Just in one of my moods. ;)

Zeke, have you checked the Il-2 Settings applet? In "Sound" there are several settings. Try each one until you find one that works.

Note: Oddly enough, when flying the HE server I get NO engine sound when TIR is centered. I have to lean to one side slightly to hear my engines. Any other server is no prob. Must be the Czech beer. :)
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:49 am

I guess I will have to fiddle with things a bit as you suggested, can't say as I've run into this one before. Will keep you posted. Somewhat sucks anyhow since you all play the new mod now... :(

We sleep safe in our beds, because rough men stand ready in the night, to visit violence upon those that would do us harm... James Orwell
:FI:Airway
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:24 am

Don't worry.

I thought the same.
Just try again and follow the steps in order to install these mods.

Just read here what is needed :

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7968
Image ImageImage
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:00 pm

Where did this mod come from anyway? I don't remember any of the add-ons or mods having this many steps to it. Is this an "unofficial" third party thing?

Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:32 pm

Ehm....yes. Since several years the base code encryption is hacked and leaked.Now there is a small group of modders with a huge community around who are making these mods now.
Mostly on base of Olegs AI plane models that are fitted with cockpits of other models and finetuned FM's, so that they are flyable.
And new maps are modelled, like the battle of Britain map for example.
So all the mods are unoffical things.

Last offical version is 4.08m or 4.09 Beta Patch without mods.
Image ImageImage
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:10 pm

So this mod is worth the trouble then? Are there game rooms available on HL with this mod?

Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:07 pm

Yes it's worth it.

You get new maps, can fly new plane models, you get better sound effects and and top special effects like the exhaust flames, bomb explosions, trails, craters and lots more.

In Hyperlobby the AAA Server is available 24/7 and there you can fly with the mods.

I would recommend coppying the clean installation folder to a new place where you can install all the mods on.
Because some of the guys here still fly the HE missions on wednesdays with the clean 4.08m version.

And also in case something goes wrong while putting the mods on the one version, you can rely on a working installation on your computer.
Image ImageImage
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:20 am

I guess I will give it a go. Think I have just enough disk space to allow a copied folder. Um, I've noticed that there are different versions of the mods to the mods.... :? What version is now being used and are previous versions needed before the latest is installed?

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Heloego » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:47 am

Go to the link posted above, DL and install the listed mods. Then check the forums for any other AAA mods needed.

Canon's BoB being the latest.
Revelation
Beginner

Post by Revelation » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:58 pm

Actually AAA has a very good unified installer that dumps a lot of the mods in 1 go, and includes batch files to switch between 4.08, 4.09 with or without mods.
http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/view ... sc&start=0
You'll have to register a forum account to download it though.

If for some reason you dislike making accounts give me a PM and I'll upload it to my FTP server, can only download from it at 170 kbs though.