Hello chaps!

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Horton
Beginner

Hello chaps!

Post by Horton » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:35 am

Falcon replied to my application, with a few questions and such. So as not to cut into time better spent over a glass, here's my 'hello'- and I love my life, especially when I'm flying, and love to come home to a simple but elegant wainscoting around the walls of my house. I live in New Mexico, so non-mud wainscoting is rare, although some of the newer homes have acquired wainscoting through the treacherous stage coach system.

In all seriousness, my life outlook is that nothing can't be solved over a glass of beer, your wife should be your best friend (with benefits 8) ), you should enjoy your work and work to enjoy life, and an Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold to the blades of grass and not fall off the earth (shamelessly stolen from someone with actual philosophical ability).

Looking forward to flying with you chaps!
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Re: Hello chaps!

Post by :FI:Scott » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:18 pm

Hi Horton :wink2:

If you check through the techical section you will see where we are at in terms of mods etc. Flying is Fridays and Sundays, Sundays through IP address. You will need Teamspeak and a mic.

Welcome to the boards !
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:36 pm

Hey Horten

Welcome to the madhouse mate LOL. Like me old mate Scott said we are flying 4.09bm mod spec at the moment and if you troll through the squadron forums you will see which mods and in which order to install them. If you have any probs just shout and someone will be around to give you a hand.

We also fly on wednesday evenings as well as fridays and sundays aslo you can usually find a couple of the guys flying in hyperlobby most nights. Just look for the -fi= or :fi: prefixes and say hello.

Wardog 8) :beer: :beer: ^:)
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:27 pm

:shock:

New MESSICO?? The LAND of dis-Enchantment??? :shock: :shock: :lol:

They got the inter-web AND WAINSCOTTING out there??? HOLY COW!!! :D =D]

What part you in? Always enjoyed trucking in that state. Didn't enjoy those little gestapo truck cops they had or having to pay off the worms at the scales, but it is a pretty state.

Welcome to the Land of the slightly de-ranged. ;)

Salud!!
Padre
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:18 pm

Howdy Horton!

On Friday nights and most days throughout the week in HyperLoby (HL) there are no mods, just 4.08m.

If all this mod and update stuff starts to get you down, tell us where you are, version/equipment/techy-wise, and we'll be more specific in our help and links. If you're really stuck, just write, "huh?" and we'll see what we can do.

Don't get discouraged. It's really not bad, just a few steps to aerial bliss!

=FI=Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Airway
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:28 pm

Mahlzeit !

Yeah, some Germans here too !
Pretty international wainscoting here.

So a welcome to you and see you up in the clouds !
Image ImageImage
Horton
Beginner

Post by Horton » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:55 am

Hi gents,

thanks. I would have flown tonight but the wife and I got caught in a storm returning from the mountains. Left over tropical stuff I suppose.

I'm available most weeknights, and Sunday nights, to fly, too.

EDIT: I have 4.08m vanilla, 4.08m modded, and 4.09b1m. All my mods are from AAA, but idk what site or what mods ya'll use?
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by Nightcat » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:40 pm

Never complain about storms to Falcon [-X

:D
Horton
Beginner

Post by Horton » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:16 pm

Ah yes, no complaints, just had to take it slow... verrrry slooooooow.... lol. In an hour and a half I cross by 2 military bases, a city, and into my city... the visibility was such I didn't see any of them until we were right there! Kind of spooky.

What mods do ya'll use, where do I get them, etc? I can install mods, I have before, but I have 4.09b1m, which is the AAA moddable .09 version.

Also on weeknights what time and what servers do you fly in, mostly?

OT: Yes, Willie, the NMDOT is part of our gestapo. I am dealing with CLC Codes right now, they pressed criminal charges because... the weeds in my yard got out of hand in monsoon season. I should just do like my neighbors and cement over my lawn.

Whats interesting is that the NMS Constitution declares that there is to be no breech of life, liberty, pursuit of happiness OR Property... but the city here says "you can have it, just can't decide what to do with it." Certainly interesting times we live in. #-o

Oh, and just wondering- was Rqt' 2 "No drinking while flying?" 8)
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:24 am

Horton wrote:... Oh, and just wondering- was Rqt' 2 "No drinking while flying?" ...

If it were, that's a dern good reason to forget it;

that life liberty and the pursuit if happiness thing, ya know.

~~~

We fly on Sundays starting around 1 PM CT. It pays to be there a wee bit early to check out your equipment an' stuff.

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:33 am

Horton wrote:Ah yes, no complaints, just had to take it slow... verrrry slooooooow.... lol. In an hour and a half I cross by 2 military bases, a city, and into my city... the visibility was such I didn't see any of them until we were right there! Kind of spooky.
Hmm... Southern end? Not too awful far from the duck races? :roll:
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:17 am

Welcome to the boards, Horton!

Sounds like you're fairly set, software-wise.
Got TeamSpeak?
Got TrackIR?

Ya gonna eat that sandwich? :)

And don't forget to give Falcon your Credit Card #.
He'll need it. ;)
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Horton
Beginner

Post by Horton » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:46 pm

:FI:Heloego wrote:Welcome to the boards, Horton!

Sounds like you're fairly set, software-wise.
Got TeamSpeak?
Yes!
Got TrackIR?
no...
Ya gonna eat that sandwich? :)
most of it...
And don't forget to give Falcon your Credit Card #.
He'll need it. ;)
As long as I can give him my score to go with it 8)

Love the avatar, btw ;)
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:56 am

Thanks, but I didn't make it.
Get in touch with :FI: Noter once you're settled in. The gent's work is nothing short of amazing. I just asked for a mean-looking Smiley and voila! it magically appeared in my mailbox. He does some of the best damned Wallpapers I seen yet!

You need or want Skins?
Get with Falcon, Genosse, Sneaky and a few others. Check the "Skins" forum for some really superb work!

As for TrackIR...
It ain't cheap if ya get it new, but once you've used it you can't live without it!
Go here: http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/to read all about it.
Or check e-Bay or Craig's list for a good used rig.

Another good item is TSOverlay at http://www.teamspeakoverlay.com/. Puts a small display in-game so you know who's talking on TeamSpeak.

And last, but certainly not least go to http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/ for the latest in the mods we're using Sundays.
(Fridays we fly un-modded Historical Encounters.)
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x