Paintball Noob

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Paintball Noob

Post by Nightcat » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:19 pm

Years ago me and some friends would go play in the woods and shoot each other with paint guns, they were fun days and left alot of bruises...

Recently we were talking about the good ole days and thought we might get a team together and enter this league we use to be in, we're all getting on a bit now and in desperate need of exercise.. anyway I remember you could buy paint guns online these days and stuff and decided to check some out.

http://www.paintballbuster.com/site/750 ... AP4-P00124" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now this one caught my eye, I mean seriously.. you could kill someone with that surely?

So yeah bit of a noob, and no way am I spending that much money and depriving our newest edition of a education but surely someone amongst the ranks has a cheap, realistic alternative bar "Use the crap they supply"

Wayne
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Re: Paintball Noob

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:41 pm

:FI:Nightcat wrote:... but surely someone amongst the ranks has a cheap, realistic alternative ...

This?

1 bucket: $2
1 can of paint: $8

total: $10

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Sacktime
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:07 pm

:FI:Falcon wrote:
:FI:Nightcat wrote:... but surely someone amongst the ranks has a cheap, realistic alternative ...

This?

1 bucket: $2
1 can of paint: $8

total: $10
Awe yes the old C1A1 paint bucket, short range but with a massive area effect. :D
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by Nightcat » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:39 pm

I wasn't quite thinking that cheap, maybe $20-ish :D
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:58 pm

Ok what about two of Falcons buckets and two cans of paint :lol: :lol: :lol:

There you go $20

Wardog ;)
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:02 pm

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Airhawk14
Professional Boardie

Post by Airhawk14 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:44 pm

I play paintball on a team too. My gun was worth $240 though, and now that I have it upgraded its around $500. Its modded to a sniper though and I have a ghillie suit and everything. The cheapest I saw in a store was in a local sporting store for about 50$. This gun was my first gun. The cheapest I saw online would be here for $30:http://www.paintball-discounters.com/get_list_78.htm.

"When you risk it all, the sky is the limit."Quote from Motion Picture "Flyboys".
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by Nightcat » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:36 pm

You can get some really cheap stuff it seems but I'm kinda tempted to go that little bit further and have something that would look good on the wall after I give up after 2 weeks of mud, rain and being shot at :D

I'll let you know what I decide to get, though at the moment the other half is screaming "the bucket is a better choice as this would save some money so we could decorate the bathroom!" which was only done last year but like I told her, I can decorate it when I get my new paint ball gun lol

NC